2021 & 2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2016 > TBR Twins, October

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kara, TBR Twins (last edited Oct 02, 2016 05:17PM) (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3965 comments Below are your TBR twins! Please reach out to your twin to pick a book to read, then come back to this thread to let us know. When you've finished, please share what you each thought of the book. If you do not hear from your twin, please let me know.

Elizabeth
Kelll

Justyna
Sabina

Winnie
Lisa

Mindy
Cassandra

BookWyrm
Lauri

Lynn
Dramapuppy

Stefani - SpelingExpirt
Jennifer

Anna
Elii.

Adi
Ju

Diana
Gemma

Melody
Amélia

Diana
juliette

Shrouk
Julia

Karen
Tiffany

Nova
Rose

Kellie
Jo

Sherry
Camille

Nancy85
Niecie

Alexxy
Eileen

Dana
Emma

Haley
Babitix

Kathryn
Anissa

Dawn
Sahabnam

Louisa
Anita

Harsha
Nurai

message 2: by Kara, TBR Twins (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3965 comments How to compare books:

1. Go to your twin's profile and click "compare books"

2. In the top right corner, set the "common shelves" to "to read." If you or your partner keeps the TBR list somewhere other than the "to read" shelf, then you can use the two fields under that to compare books.

This should give you a neat list of everything you have in common.

message 3: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Comer | 3 comments who is my twin

message 4: by Kara, TBR Twins (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3965 comments Samantha, I didn't see that you signed up for October, so I didn't assign you a twin. If you'd like to participate next month, you can sign up in this thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Feel free to message me if you have any questions!

message 5: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Pereira (babitix) | 151 comments Haley and I are going to read The Mirror Crack'd from Side to Side.
Agatha Christie rocks and we are very excited about reading this book!

message 6: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (lilsherry) | 699 comments Camille and I decided on Sisters of Blood and Spirit by Kady Cross

message 7: by Dramapuppy (new)

Dramapuppy | 195 comments Lynn and I will read Beauty Queens

message 8: by Mindy (new)

Mindy Jones (mindyrecycles) Cassandra and I chose My Brilliant Friend.

message 9: by Alexxy (new)

Alexxy | 270 comments Eileen and I decided on The Cuckoo's Calling

message 10: by Diana (new)

Diana Hudac (ladyanaid) | 196 comments Gemma and I are going to read The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. We are both looking forward to it. :)

message 11: by Nancy85 (new)

Nancy85 (nancymarie85) | 929 comments I've only heard from my Twin once since it started. I'm not sure if I should message her or just wait til the next TBR- Twim

message 12: by Kara, TBR Twins (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3965 comments Hi Nancy, if you could give it another day or two, that'd be great. If you don't hear back, we'll pair you with someone else.

message 13: by Nancy85 (new)

Nancy85 (nancymarie85) | 929 comments I still haven't heard from the Twin since the last time me and her exchange messages. I'm not sure what I should do.

message 14: by Kara, TBR Twins (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3965 comments I'm sorry, Nancy! I'll be your twin. I'll send you a message right now.

message 15: by Elii. (new)

Elii. Book_lover | 42 comments I haven't heard from my twin. :/

message 16: by Kara, TBR Twins (last edited Oct 11, 2016 08:44AM) (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3965 comments Are there others who haven't heard from their twins? Elii. we'll get you paired up with someone--I'm sorry this happened!

message 17: by Brenda (new)

Brenda C (goodreadscombrendac) | 28 comments I'm sorry since I'm sooo new to all of this. Is it too late to find a twin?

message 18: by Kara, TBR Twins (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3965 comments Brenda, it normally would be, but Elii.'s twin hasn't responded. Could the two of you pair up with each other?

message 19: by Elii. (new)

Elii. Book_lover | 42 comments Sure :)

message 20: by Brenda (new)

Brenda C (goodreadscombrendac) | 28 comments Sounds good to me. Thank you Kara and Elii :) I'm getting used to all the notifications...so maybe we could start with November after all??

message 21: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Barstad (maidenoflight) | 314 comments Stefani and I are reading Pet Sematary

message 22: by Tiffy (new)

Tiffy (tiffy_reads) Karen and I are reading The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend.

message 23: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (lilsherry) | 699 comments Camille and I finished reading Sisters of Blood and Spirit by Kady Cross.

Twin sisters Lark & Wren is born with a genetic trait. Wren is a stillborn with red hair while Lark is the living twin with silvery white blond hair. Lark can see ghosts and talks to her sister Wren which makes everyone think she is crazy. "Lark is known as the crazy girl who talks to her dead sister, she doesn’t exactly fit in with the living, though a recent suicide attempt and time in a psych ward have proved to her she’s not ready to join her sister in the afterlife. "

The guy that saved Lark from suicide and his friends have been marked for death by the malevolent spirit. They ask for Lark's and Wren's help to defeat the spirit. At the same time, the twin sisters discovered that their past ancestors also had the same trait. Twins with one being a red hair stillborn.

Camille says she loves "the author's writing, the scenes were so vivid I could actually picture them while reading. I wanted the characters to have more development, especially where Lark and Wren were concerned. I wanted to know more about their connection and if it was something about their family, that similarity"

I, too also want to know more about the connection about how Lark can see ghosts and everything else. I want to read the sequel but Camille has yet to reply if she would. Overall it's a good book.

message 24: by Dramapuppy (new)

Dramapuppy | 195 comments Lynn and I finished Beauty Queens. We both agreed that it was worth reading, although not the best book ever. It was exciting and funny, just kind of shallow and over the top.

message 25: by Barbara (last edited Oct 26, 2016 07:02AM) (new)

Barbara Pereira (babitix) | 151 comments My twin Haley and I read The Mirror Crack'd from Side to Side and we both like it a lot!!! Agatha is always a great choice!

message 26: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 5832 comments Mindy and I read My Brilliant Friend. We both really enjoyed it and thought it was beautifully written. Mindy thought it was a little hard to keep track of names while listening to the audiobook and preferred to read it instead.