2-3-4 Challenge discussion

Archives - Monthly Reading Plans > Angela - October Reading Plan 2016

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angela (last edited Oct 31, 2016 01:39PM) (new)

Angela | 749 comments Carry Over

A King's Ransom - Challenge Book SWBC - Completed 6th October
The Long Way Down- BotM SWBC
The Sinner - New Release

Buddy Reads

Gardens of the Moon - Fantasy Buddy Reads Completed 31st October
The King's Blood - Fantasy Buddy Reads Completed 19th October

Series Reads

Death Masks - SWBC Series Read Completed 11th October
Hercule Poirot's Christmas - Reading with son

Standalone

Why Not Me? - Challenge Book SWBC Completed 6th October

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2416 comments Enjoy Angela! Looks like a great list.

message 3: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments Angela I am really looking forward to your thoughts on The Sinner. I will probably read that next month.

message 4: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2203 comments Happy reading!

message 5: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 10629 comments Mod
I'm listening to The Sinner this month, too! Nice mix of titles on your list.

message 6: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1631 comments I've had Gardens of the Moon on my TBR list forever! Happy reading, Angela!

message 7: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments I loved the Sunne in Splendour and really want to start the Henry II and Eleanor of Aquitaine series but the size of the books are putting me off! Maybe 2017 will be the year.

Hope you're enjoying A Kings Ransom.

message 8: by Angela (new)

Angela | 749 comments Thanks everyone.

Jonetta, I am really looking forward to The Sinner sometime this month. I just love that series.

Stephanie wonderful to hear the Poirot book is great. I'm loving Christie as well.

Veronica unsure what I've let myself in for with Gardens of the Moon. It seems you need to use so many other references to keep you head straight with what is happening in the story.

Tracey I love that book so much. The Henry II and Eleanor of Aquitaine series is one of my favourites. They are large books though. That being said, you can always tell Penman pays close attention to her research.

message 9: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments Angela wrote: "The Henry II and Eleanor of Aquitaine series is one of my favourites. They are large books though. That being said, you can always tell Penman pays close attention to her research. ..."

Very true! Might just have to give it a go.

message 10: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1631 comments Tracey wrote: "Angela wrote: "It seems you need to use so many other references to keep you head straight with what is happening in the story."

Oh dear!

message 11: by Angela (new)

Angela | 749 comments I hope you do Tracey. My favourite is Here be Dragons by Penman. Probably as it's the first one I ever read and I've read it a couple of times now.

Veronica, I know. Part of me is kind of baulking at the thought, but I'll give it a go and fingers crossed I can follow what is going on.

message 12: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 4125 comments Mod
Great list, Angela!
I love seeing Harry Dresden on people's TBRs :0)

message 13: by Angela (new)

Angela | 749 comments Lauren wrote: "Great list, Angela!
I love seeing Harry Dresden on people's TBRs :0)"

Thanks Lauren. I'm just starting Death Masks today.

Finished Why Not Me? 2/5. It was okay, but just not my kind of book. I guess I had a preconceived idea it would be funny due to being by a comedian. Fool me.

A King's Ransom 5/5. Absolutely loved it. Once again Penman has written a truly wonderful historical novel about Richard I. I even had a tear in my eye over a couple of the deaths along the way.

My review

message 14: by Angela (last edited Oct 11, 2016 02:43PM) (new)

Angela | 749 comments Finished Dresden Files #5 Death Masks

4/5. I'm enjoying the Dresden Files and looking forward to continuing the series. My review

message 15: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments Angela wrote: "A King's Ransom 5/5. Absolutely loved it. Once again Penman has written a truly wonderful historical novel about Richard I. I even had a tear in my eye over a couple of the deaths along the way.t..."

Yeah so glad you liked it. I think I am going to have bump Sharon Kay Penman up the list! You have encouraged me.

message 16: by Angela (new)

Angela | 749 comments Finished The King's Blood

3/5. Book 2 of the series and it seemed to take a while for anything to really happen. Plus my favourite character from the first book didn't really do anything.

My review

message 17: by Angela (new)

Angela | 749 comments Just managed to squeeze in Gardens of the Moon by the end of the month. Great first in series and I rated it 5/5.