Opening Line Of One Of Your Books! discussion

Cold Comfort

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ewabernathy (new)

Ewabernathy | 1 comments The back half of the room is full of people, most of whom sit or stand behind a waist-high wooden partition. At the front is a massive bench set on a platform, dominated by a woman wearing a black choir robe. I keep expecting her to burst into song, but the concert never begins, and I get the feeling that she won’t be singing a tune I want to hear anyway. Cold Comfort

message 2: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Thomas | 1 comments They say we're able to create, but not that it comes with limitations. We had no idea our craft would be stifled, for the sake of admiration.

message 3: by A. (new)

A. White | 4 comments Ewabernathy wrote: "The back half of the room is full of people, most of whom sit or stand behind a waist-high wooden partition. At the front is a massive bench set on a platform, dominated by a woman wearing a black ..."

I like that. I almost expected them to start singing too.

message 4: by A. (new)

A. White | 4 comments Jordan wrote: "They say we're able to create, but not that it comes with limitations. We had no idea our craft would be stifled, for the sake of admiration."

I hear some James Baldwin in this. That's a good opening, It grabs your attention.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Cold Comfort (other topics)