Women's Classic Literature Enthusiasts discussion

The Murder of Roger Ackroyd (Hercule Poirot, #4)
This topic is about The Murder of Roger Ackroyd
The Murder of Roger Ackroyd > Week 2, Chapters 11-20, The Murder of Roger Ackroyd

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alexa (new)

Alexa (AlexaNC) | 435 comments And here we can discuss the middle section of The Murder of Roger Ackroyd, Chapters 11 - 20. No comments allowed for anything past Chapter 20! But spoilers are allowed for anything up to Chapter 20 - so be careful if you haven't read that far yet!

message 2: by ☯Emily , The First (last edited Oct 03, 2016 10:54AM) (new) - added it

☯Emily  Ginder | 1209 comments Mod
Another Sheppard comment in Chapter 14: "It is a pity that a doctor is precluded by his profession from being able sometimes to say what he really thinks. I would have given anything to be able to answer 'Bunkum!'"

message 3: by ☯Emily , The First (new) - added it

Chapter 12: Can anyone guess what everyone is hiding?

I did not guess Flora's secret. (view spoiler)

Charlene Morris | 1213 comments Mod
☯Emily wrote: "Chapter 12: Can anyone guess what everyone is hiding?

I did not guess Flora's secret. [spoilers removed]"

Don't feel bad. I thought it was Flora's mother who took the money.

message 5: by ☯Emily , The First (new) - added it

Charlene wrote: "☯Emily wrote: "Chapter 12: Can anyone guess what everyone is hiding?

I did not guess Flora's secret. [spoilers removed]"
Don't feel bad. I thought it was Flora's mother who took the money."

I thought it was the stepson.

Charlene Morris | 1213 comments Mod
Poirot knows he can find a willing helper in Caroline. Caroline's gossip filled in some of what Dr. Sheppard wasn't going to tell.

Kimberley Challman | 19 comments I had not considered Flora for the theft, but I had considered Major Blunt's secret thoughts. But, maybe they were a little more noticeable.

Kimberley Challman | 19 comments It may be because my family plays games with some frequency, having played all kinds of games with my family, both my immediate and my extended, since I was young; but I thoroughly enjoyed the conversational back and forth during the game of Mah Jong, laughing out loud at times.

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 370 comments Yes I loved the mah jong game. I don't normally think of Christie as a witty writer, but that was indeed amusing!