Women's Classic Literature Enthusiasts discussion

The Murder of Roger Ackroyd (Hercule Poirot, #4)
This topic is about The Murder of Roger Ackroyd
The Murder of Roger Ackroyd > Agatha Christie

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alexa (new)

Alexa (AlexaNC) | 435 comments Let's discuss Agatha Christie!

Charlene Morris | 1204 comments Mod
To commemorate the 100th anniversary of Agatha Christie's first novel, Royal Mail issued stamps with clues.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/201...

message 3: by Alexa (new)

Alexa (AlexaNC) | 435 comments Oh my goodness! With hidden clues! And you need the actual stamp in your hands to see them - no fair!

message 4: by ☯Emily , The First (last edited Oct 02, 2016 06:18PM) (new) - added it

☯Emily  Ginder | 1209 comments Mod
The Murder of Roger Ackroyd was published 90 years ago and is still readable and controversial today. I have to say that Agatha Christie is one of the most popular and successful authors of all time.

It looks like Wikipedia agrees: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...

Karlyne Landrum ☯Emily wrote: "The Murder of Roger Ackroyd was published 90 years ago and is still readable and controversial today. I have to say that Agatha Christie is one of the most popular and successful autho..."

I still remember the first time that I read Roger Ackroyd, and the absolute stunned feeling I had! I love it still.

message 6: by Ginny (new) - added it

Ginny (burmisgal) | 190 comments I seem to remember that there is a new biography that someone recommended to me, but the first thing that pops up is Agatha: The Real Life of Agatha Christie which looks fascinating. Has anyone read it?

Karlyne Landrum Ginny wrote: "I seem to remember that there is a new biography that someone recommended to me, but the first thing that pops up is Agatha: The Real Life of Agatha Christie which looks fascinating..."

I seem to remember reading an excerpt a while back, but I recommend her autobiography instead. It's always better to get the story from the horse's mouth, right?! Besides, she rights so well that it's a pleasure to read!