Everything Other World discussion

The Cogsmith's Daughter (Desertera #1)
This topic is about The Cogsmith's Daughter
Books from monthly reading list > September 2016: Book II

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten Schuder (goodreadscomkirstenschuder) | 233 comments Mod
I hope you had a chance to read this book because it was a great read.

While the plot moves a bit slowly in this book, I often will stick around for what happens if there are other elements that draw me in, like a well-developed character or an interesting world. Both are achieved here, so the fact that it wasn't "thriller-style" didn't make me put down this book.

The romance of this book isn't terribly developed, but I do love a good revenge story. I don't usually go for books that are too soppy anyway, so I was glad that the author didn't really make romance a feature for this book.

I found the character development right on the money, as well as the construction of the plot. The story flowed very well and was very enjoyable.

While the book treaded on the edge of predictability, there was enough in this book that kept me glued to my seat until the end of the book. The narrative was very powerful.

So, if you're in for a "post steampunk" great read, give this one a try.

How do you feel about this book?

Kurt Springs | 181 comments Mod
Finally finished the book. A dystopian, steampunk story is an intriguing concept. I did find it a bit predicable. Right from the get go, I had a bad feeling about the plan, like Aya was wandering into a trap I could see from a mile off. My brother calls it the Walking Dead Gambit. It's where the hero does something obviously unwise, just so they have a story. The end seemed a bit too easy, like she really didn't have to work for it.