Keep It Diverse discussion

The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl from Everywhere, #1)
This topic is about The Girl from Everywhere
October '16 > The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Heilig - NO SPOILERS HERE

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Marianne (Boricuan Bookworms)  (mariannelee) | 10 comments Mod
Hi guys! Here you can talk about The Girl from Everywhere, but let's keep everything spoiler free, okay?

Do you have your copy already? What are your expectations? Let us know in the comments! :)

Laura (lanakilah) Just got the kindle! I'll try to read start it tomorrow but I have tons of things during the evenings (and that's when I usually read...)

message 3: by Daisy (new)

Daisy (daisydaisydaisy) I've heard mixed reviews about The Girl From Everywhere, but I'm always up to read #ownvoices with an Asian protag. Heidi Heilig also seems like a super cool person, so I'm happy to support her!

I don't have very high expectations, simply because some of the negative stuff pointed out in reviews are about plot and pacing, which is stuff that I usually have issues with, but I'm going into it open-minded!

I'll probably be getting a Kindle copy and read this in the second half of the month after this round of schoolwork is due.

Avery (Book Deviant) (bookdeviant) I just got a copy from my school library!! I wasnt aware of how this book has noticable diversity, but I'm willing to give it a try.

I've also heard about the iffy reviews, a lot of people complaining of slow pacing and the like. That's the main reason I haven't picked it up until now. I'm hoping that I'll like it, because of #OwnVoices and all, but I'll have to wait and see!

JK I'm Exploring (jkimexploring) I got a copy from the library as well. I remember when this book first came out I was really excited to read it and then that diminished so I never got to it. Hopefully the first impression comes back as I read it!

Clare Snow (claresnow) | 3 comments I ordered an audio book copy from the library a few weeks ago and I got it today. I'll start listening tomorrow on my 2hr round trip to work. There's an extra disc with the pdf maps.