Nerds and Geeks discussion

General > Introduce Yourself

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jaide, Moderator (new)

Jaide | 16 comments Mod
Hey guys! Tell us your name, some of your favourite YA books and something interesting about yourself. :)

I'm Skye, I love Harry Potter and I am a Ravenclaw and a Pukwudgie.

message 2: by Luke (new)

Luke Taylor Hi! I was invited to this group by Skye! Thank you, Skye!! :D

My name is Luke, I am a writer and musician, and I am the author of five novels including the multiple POV ensemble YA Fantasy Vault of Dreams.

My favorite YA writer in the universe is Leigh Bardugo, who inspired me to write YA with Six of Crows. My other favorite YA books are Julie Eshbaugh's Ivory and Bone and Roshani Chokshi's The Star-Touched Queen. I've been reading Harry Potter for the first time and loving it so much and am 100% Hufflepuff. My favorite YA contemporary is Eleanor & Park, and I do love The Grisha Trilogy, but did lose interest in Throne of Glass, though I really loved the first two books, Crown of Midnight being my favorite. :D

I am currently recording two albums with my band(s), one is indie rock, the other is metal. :D

I would be so very happy if this group would like to read Vault of Dreams for their first buddy read and we can discuss the book if you'd like. The ebook is only $0.99 on Amazon.

I accept every friend request and I'm very happy to be in this group and to meet you all. Thank you Skye! :D

message 3: by Jaide, Moderator (new)

Jaide | 16 comments Mod
Luke wrote: "Hi! I was invited to this group by Skye! Thank you, Skye!! :D

My name is Luke, I am a writer and musician, and I am the author of five novels including the multiple POV ensemble YA Fantasy [book:V..."

Thanks for joining Luke! I'll definitely consider Vault of Dreams for our first read in November. :)

message 4: by Luke (new)

Luke Taylor Skye (HailHydra) wrote: "Luke wrote: "Hi! I was invited to this group by Skye! Thank you, Skye!! :D

My name is Luke, I am a writer and musician, and I am the author of five novels including the multiple POV ensemble YA Fa..."

I wouldn't have joined if you hadn't invited me, so, I'm very thankful for that! And I think you'll love VoD! It's my favorite book I've written and I would be so glad if you wanted to buddy read it!!! :D

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Yang (michy_) | 5 comments Hey! My name is Michelle.

My favourite [completed] YA series are the Eon/Eona duology by Alison Goodman, The Darkest Powers trilogy by Kelley Armstrong, the Six of Crows duology by Leigh Bardugo, The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer, The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater, and The Winner's trilogy by Marie Rutkoski.

I also really love the Mistborn trilogy (era 1. Haven't started the 2nd era yet) by Brandon Sanderson.

For contemporary standalones, my two most favourite ones are The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord and Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson. I also really love Rainbow Rowell's stuff (E&P and Attachments are my faves from her).

Since people are talking about their Hogwarts and Ilvermorny houses, I'm Ravenclaw and Thunderbird.

And I guess another interesting thing about me is that I'm also a really big fan of almost anything Disney. It's just one of those things that just stuck with me ever since I was little and I sing along and listen to the songs almost every day.

I wish all the best for this group and I hope a lot of us can be really active! :)

message 6: by Jaide, Moderator (new)

Jaide | 16 comments Mod
Welcome Michelle!! Glad you joined :)
I love The Lunar Chronicles!! I haven't read any of the other books you mentioned, but quite a few of them are on my tbr.
Yay! Fellow Ravenclaw!
I also love Disney. I can be found singing Disney songs quite often. XD
I hope you enjoy the group!

message 7: by Luke (new)

Luke Taylor Hi Michelle! Thank you for accepting my friend request! Welcome to Skye's Wonderful Collection of Geeks and Nerds! :D (It's like Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children only much better) xD

message 8: by Luke (new)

Luke Taylor Skye (HailHydra) wrote: "Welcome Michelle!! Glad you joined :)
I love The Lunar Chronicles!! I haven't read any of the other books you mentioned, but quite a few of them are on my tbr.
Yay! Fellow Ravenclaw!
I also love ..."

I am a crazy fan of Frozen. So if you break out in any of the songs from it I will gladly join in but I might start crying, too. xD

message 9: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Yang (michy_) | 5 comments Jamie (SuchBookTrash) wrote: "Aye everyone, I'm Jamie! I'm known for ranting about anything and everything, and going on and on about my current obsessions. I'm a very artistic person (I mean with music, writing, and all that s..."

Hey Jamie!!! :D I actually still haven't gotten to Falling Kingdoms yet but I'm hoping I can get to it soon cuz I keep hearing good things about it!

Luke wrote: "Hi Michelle! Thank you for accepting my friend request! Welcome to Skye's Wonderful Collection of Geeks and Nerds! :D (It's like Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children only much better) xD"

Hey Luke! You're welcome :) and hahaha xD

Skye (HailHydra) wrote: "Welcome Michelle!! Glad you joined :)
Yay! Fellow Ravenclaw!
I also love ..."

you should definitely get to some of them if you can! Honestly, not enough people I follow have read Eon/Eona before which makes me sad cuz it's my fave YA series and i never have anyone to talk about it with!

message 10: by Luke (new)

Luke Taylor ;)

message 11: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 03, 2016 04:04PM) (new)

I'm Shine and I love reading mystery books. I currently have too many favorite mysteries books.

I love writing my own mysteries that involves heroes and villains.

I cried/sobbed/wailed/bawled when Darth Vader died in "StarWars 6: The Last Jedi" and when Loki 'died' in "Thor 2: The Dark World" and when Sir Thomas Sharpe died in "Crimson Peak". (CURSE YOU LADY LUCILLE SHARPE FOR MURDERING THOMAS!)

message 12: by imts (new)

imts (heirofinkandpaper) | 1 comments Thank you, Skye, for sending me an invite to this group! I'm Imtesal (pronounced im•ti•SAHL, by the way :P) and am still unsure whether I'm a Hufflepuff or Slytherin. (Pottermore says Slytherin, but I think I'm more Hufflepuff, so...) My Ilvermorny house is Thunderbird.

Some of my favorite series include The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare, The Foxhole Court by Nora Sakavic, The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater, the Six of Crows duology by Leigh Bardugo, The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer... and plenty of others, don't worry :D

Standalones: I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson, anything Jane Austen, The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt... and again, many others :P

Nice to meet y'all! ^-^

message 13: by Cinder (last edited Oct 03, 2016 05:28AM) (new)

Cinder Harper (pineappleofpizzaland) Hi everyone, the description I saw when I first glanced at this ground definitely described me! I love reading fiction books, in fact i'm hooked! I also love the avengers and... LOKI!!!!!!!!!! I have a tendency of writing my own stories, but i never get around to finishing any of them, and i'm a brony :)

- Cinder

message 14: by Hannah (new)

Hannah grace | 6 comments Hi I'm Hannah and some ****** Drama is going on in my fandoms

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

MADNESS DRAMA!

Alex ~They/them~ ~Annabeth Chase and Alex Fierro are the best~ (percybluefood) | 1 comments Hey I'm Kavya call me Kavy, and I am a HUGE bookworm..

message 17: by Hannah (last edited Oct 04, 2016 05:36AM) (new)

Hannah grace | 6 comments is anyone watching marvels agents of S.H.E.I.L.D

message 18: by Hannah (new)

Hannah grace | 6 comments Ƙανу Jαcкѕση Ƒυℓℓвυѕтєя ~Stay with me (stay with me, stay with me)~ wrote: "Hey I'm Kavya call me Kavy, and I am a HUGE bookworm.."

heyyyy

message 19: by Luke (new)

Luke Taylor Hannah wrote: "Ƙανу Jαcкѕση Ƒυℓℓвυѕтєя ~Stay with me (stay with me, stay with me)~ wrote: "Hey I'm Kavya call me Kavy, and I am a HUGE bookworm.."

heyyyy"

Hi Hannah!! :D

message 20: by Hannah (new)

Hannah grace | 6 comments hello luke!

message 21: by Luke (new)

Luke Taylor Hannah wrote: "hello luke!"

('.')/

message 22: by A.L. (new)

A.L. Buehrer Hi, you guys can call me A.L. or Buehrer, or anything, really, as long as you mean it in the best way. I'm honestly here because I want to be a better fangirl. I've read little speculative YA, but it is the genre I write and I need to be more familiar with it.
I'm actually not a potterhead, but, for the record, I think I'm a Slythern.

message 23: by Luke (new)

Luke Taylor A.L. wrote: "Hi, you guys can call me A.L. or Buehrer, or anything, really, as long as you mean it in the best way. I'm honestly here because I want to be a better fangirl. I've read little speculative YA, but ..."

Hi A.L. :D
Welcome! I would love to read your work!

message 24: by Maze of Pages (new)

Maze of Pages Hi, my name is melissa and skye, i am also a ravenclaw and a pukwudgie. My book taste is wide so I love a lot of genres.

message 25: by Íbláum (new)

Íbláum Skugga | 1 comments Hello, my name is Shade.
I came into contact with a strange Japanese man
that left me with this awesome book about building
a brick house, but with a twist
https://goo.gl/NLFt58
It's called Brickhouse Cage.