Books2Movies Club discussion

Me Before You
This topic is about Me Before You
Monthly Reads > Me Before You - book and movie

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zeljka (new)

Zeljka (ztook) | 2936 comments Mod
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes is a romance novel published in 2012 and quickly adapted to screen in 2016. After you see the trailer for the movie, you can get some impression of what this book is about, but let's read the book and watch the movie afterwards (or before, if that suits you better) before we make any quick judgments about it. I've seen many heated debates about the movie but I am not quite sure if all the people talking about it actually read the book or saw the movie. I didn't, but I hope I will (both). It wouldn't be our first time to read a controversial novel :)
Please, share your thoughts and impressions of the novel and the movie. As usual, tag your words with spoilers where appropriate :)

Blueberry (blueberry1) | 158 comments I put it on hold at my library but I am 206 on the list. It might be a long time until I get it. haha

message 3: by Zeljka (new)

Zeljka (ztook) | 2936 comments Mod
Blueberry wrote: "I put it on hold at my library but I am 206 on the list. It might be a long time until I get it. haha"

Lol I do not have it either (yet), but I got 84 Charing Cross Road, will start it tonight :)

Adayla I read this after seeing the movie trailer and realizing it was based on a book. I'm really glad I did it this way because having the picture of the actors and actresses in my head, as I read, was very entertaining. I haven't seen the movie yet but I do believe the casting choices seem perfect.

I got through the book very fast. It was a different world to me and kept me interested. I liked Will best and without his personality, I can't say I'd even enjoy the book that much. It was entertaining though and I'm glad I read it. Looking forward to getting my hands on the film!

message 5: by Blueberry (last edited Apr 01, 2017 09:03AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Blueberry (blueberry1) | 158 comments I finished the book and then watched the movie yesterday for my movie/book club. Total chick lit. The movie was like an editted copy of the book, lines word for word. I watched the deleted scenes and they delved into the other parts of the storyline from the book not portrayed in the movie. Some of the English accents and vocabulary were heavy until I got used to it so watched part of it with close-captioning on. The movie made me cry more than the book, which was the opposite for my friend. I gave the book 5 stars. The movie I would probably give 3.5 to 4 stars.

Celia Walters | 9 comments I still haven't watched the movie. but I loved the book

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Me Before You (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jojo Moyes (other topics)