What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Just to chat > Am I the only one who gets really nervous/excited about books with tons of angst to the point where your heart is beating so fast your body is shaking from it...

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rae (new)

Rae | 286 comments Hi. So here's the thing: I love angsty stories. I like a hero who is a jerk in the beginning but redeems himself in the end. I like a broken heroine. I like ruthless revenge in my books. I just LOVE the books that make me FEEL pain and joy. But most importantly, I like a happy ending.

The thing is whenever I'm about to read a book that promises just that, my hands shake. My heart beats so fast I can almost hear it. It shakes my whole body.
Does anybody else experience this?

message 2: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 321 comments While I read All About You my chest actually hurt quite a few times. I felt the anger, hurt, betrayal, humiliation and hopelessness. It didn't have a happy ending, but it has a sequel I haven't read yet, which I think I hope has a happy ending (if that makes sense...they both deserve a happy ending, but at the same time they don't), but I still don't know how I feel about the whole thing and if I even want to read it.

The only time I've visibly shaken is durning a really suspenseful thriller type book. You know, lots of action and quick twists and turns that have me on the edge of my seat and feeling jumpy.

message 3: by Rae (new)

Rae | 286 comments Brittany wrote: "While I read All About You my chest actually hurt quite a few times. I felt the anger, hurt, betrayal, humiliation and hopelessness. It didn't have a happy ending, but it has a sequ..."

Its nice to know that im not the only one. Its frightening but such a thrill when it happens.
I also went ahead and checked out the reviews for the sequels for All About You. Its mixed, many said that they were just confused so Im gonna skip.

message 4: by Brittany (last edited Oct 03, 2016 06:05PM) (new)

Brittany | 321 comments Yeah...it left me just feeling weird. I liked it as I read it until the very end when it had a 'no F-ing way is this happening' moment before the 'to be continued...' It made me very angry. I was hoping for such a good happy ending.
And you're definitely not alone. I cry, laugh out loud and whisper-yell at characters (why would you do that?! Don't go in there!), lol. I think it's a sign the author is doing a great job if you can get sucked in like that.

message 5: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (romance_luver) | 57 comments Bully by Penelope Douglas.. if you know a book there's a particular scene where the two MCS are in a car driving home from a race track and the hero is being a MAJOR asshole and so long story short they fight heroine gets emotional and I cry every time without fail!! My heart physically breaks and I can feel it snap in two and I bawl my eyes out!!

message 6: by Rae (new)

Rae | 286 comments Vanessa wrote: "Bully by Penelope Douglas.. if you know a book there's a particular scene where the two MCS are in a car driving home from a race track and the hero is being a MAJOR asshole and so long story short..."

Thats in Bully?