Our Shared Shelf discussion

Archive > Ashley Judd.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adam (new)

Adam Sowa | 227 comments She has a lot of interesting posts (not the celebrity ones) on her Facebook account.

So stop on by and join in!

https://www.facebook.com/AshleyJuddOf...

message 2: by Adam (new)

Adam Sowa | 227 comments Emma:

Ashley Judd is a relatively well kown actor here in the US.

Most recent mainstream movie: Played the mother of Shailene Woodley's character in the "Divergent" series.

She is also a social activist and Feminist. Seems to be between liberal and radical, depends.

message 3: by Harm (new)

Harm ten Napel (hnapel) | 94 comments She also wrote a book All That Is Bitter and Sweet: A Memoir it would not stand out as odd on our reading list.

message 4: by Sydney (new)

Sydney  | 9 comments She is a victim of child abuse and incest. she has written a memoir, however I have not read it. I'm sure her story is worth the read!

message 5: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (longlivelibraries) | 11 comments I read her memoir and found it enlightening. She ties in her social justice work to her own path of recovery.

message 6: by Harm (last edited Oct 04, 2016 02:31AM) (new)

Harm ten Napel (hnapel) | 94 comments I read it, as a child she was abused by an old geezer, while the abuse was not extensive, her trauma was exacerbated because nobody would believe her as a child. I don't remember reading about incest, but it's safe to say she had a troublesome relation with her family. Also it should be noted since the book was published, her relation with her mother seems to have improved.

Apart from that she also copes with depressions, she has a whole following of sufferers who found comfort in her depiction of a depressed woman in the movie Helen. More info on her wikipedia page .