#AYEARATHON discussion

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ke-sha (new)

ke-sha (angel707) | 2013 comments Mod
Hello Guy's. How goes you're reading? Did you get an early start?

message 2: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Ten Days in a Mad-House by Nellie Bly going to read it to day since its a short book and its the only one I have, hopyfuly I can do it, since I've been sick since the 1st of Oct with a cold,

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda I got through the first part of The Vegetarian by Han Kang and there are two more parts awaiting for me.

message 4: by BooksAmL (new)

BooksAmL | 47 comments While I waited at the dentist for my sister to come out almost finished my first book . Good start:)

message 5: by Ana (new)

Ana (404-equivalent) | 90 comments I've only managed to read 7% of Impulse and it's waaay darker than I expected. Still not sure what to think of the verse form hm.

message 6: by ke-sha (new)

Elizabeth wrote: "Ten Days in a Mad-House by Nellie Bly going to read it to day since its a short book and its the only one I have, hopyfuly I can do it, since I've been sick since the 1st of Oct with a cold,"

Aww Hope you feel better soon. I've been around sick kids lately and have a stuffy noise so I'm just hoping it doesnt progress beyond that Lol

Happy Reading :)

message 7: by ke-sha (new)

Amanda wrote: "I got through the first part of The Vegetarian by Han Kang and there are two more parts awaiting for me."

I've heard intriguing things about this book. How are you liking it?

message 8: by ke-sha (new)

Luana wrote: "While I waited at the dentist for my sister to come out almost finished my first book . Good start:)"

*High Five* Which book did you pick up first?

message 9: by ke-sha (new)

Ana wrote: "I've only managed to read 7% of Impulse and it's waaay darker than I expected. Still not sure what to think of the verse form hm."

I look forward to seeing what you think once you're done with it!

message 10: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 40 comments I am 84% into my book. Should be done with it tonight.

message 11: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (juliababyjen) I finished my first book! Faking Normal by Courtney C. Stevens which I really liked, 4 stars! It was 321 pages.

Total Books Read: 1
Total Pages Read: 321 pages

message 12: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth ke-sha wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "Ten Days in a Mad-House by Nellie Bly going to read it to day since its a short book and its the only one I have, hopyfuly I can do it, since I've been sick since the 1st o..."

Thinks, with me, I cought it from both my mom and sister, and they cought it from when my mom was in the hospital, another down side is my sister works at the sister hospital that our mom was in so after she got off from work she would go and stay with her so it's a double whammy, so far I'm four chapters in my book, and lets hope you don't get sick

message 13: by Amanda (new)

Amanda ke-sha wrote: "Amanda wrote: "I got through the first part of The Vegetarian by Han Kang and there are two more parts awaiting for me."

I've heard intriguing things about this book. How are you liking it?"

I quite enjoyed the book, but it certainly has some delicate topics in it. The second part of the book is beautiful at some points, but maybe not the nicest things happen.

I finished reading the whole book and I think it's a 4/5 stars because of the ending that was left very open and up for your own imagination.

message 14: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Finished Ten Days in a Mad-House by Nellie Bly , even though I give it five stars it made me uncomfortable , but its still a book people should read, here is the link to my review: http://labyrinthofstories.booklikes.c...

message 15: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 140 comments I started What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty on sunday because it was a long book and I wanted to read something but not have to put it down and come back to it in a week. And i finished it today. LOVED this book. now i have to wait for my 2 other books that i ordered to come. So just gonna take a little reading break for now.

message 16: by Ana (new)

Ana (404-equivalent) | 90 comments ke-sha wrote: "I look forward to seeing what you think once you're done with it! "

Me too actually! I'll share my thoughts. ^^

13% in right now. I'm very slow, I thought I would make way more progress. It's the start of a new school year for me in October and there's a lot to do around the apartment and other errands to run, plus I had headache from the morning today and so I didn't manage to read much. I'm planning to read for another hour before sleep.

I'm interested to see the relationships form between characters. Now they met each other and it's getting interesting.

message 17: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 40 comments I am now reading We Were Liars. I am about 7% into it. But I just got the book today. Also hoping to start Girl On A Plane today to.

message 18: by Emily (new)

Emily | 1 comments I got a really slow start but Im hoping to catch up a bit. So far ive only read 10 pages of All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven but depending on how much is sucks me in I might finish by the end of the day today :))

message 19: by ke-sha (new)

Elizabeth wrote: "Finished Ten Days in a Mad-House by Nellie Bly , even though I give it five stars it made me uncomfortable , but its still a book people should read, here is the link to my review: http://la..."

Whenever I hear or read about what used to happens in Institution's all the time it's always like *shudders*.

message 20: by ke-sha (new)

Oh Wow, End of Day Two for me Basically!!!

Everyone seems to be doing really well. Keep it up!!!

message 21: by Rebecca Jane (new)

Rebecca Jane (bec3sjhdbzljldsgwsm) | 48 comments On days one and two I finished Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy .

message 22: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (juliababyjen) I finished The Last Time We Say Goodbye by Cynthia Hand which was SO SAD. I loved it, but it made me cry. It was 386 pages.

Total Books Read: 2
Total Pages Read: 707 pages

message 23: by Laura (new)

Laura (laurnea) I've been busy with school, so I've only read 80 pages of Impulse.