Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > beta reading services avaiable

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Wayne (new)

Wayne | 5 comments will read almost anything.prefer science fiction ,horror,fantasy adventure
, steampunk ,crime dramas, psyic thriller .mutants ,monsters..
Fast reading times.. any books from this sight go on top of my reading list.

thanks for your time and looking forward to doing a lot of reading

sincerely Wayne

message 2: by Claire (new)

Claire | 21 comments Wayne

Vampires are people too. They just need a little blood to live. The novel is almost finished and will be about 76,000 words. Could you read the first six chapters to see if it's something you want to read. Thanks for your time.

David Yates
dcymai@aol.com

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Thyssen (rachelthijssen) | 121 comments Hey Wayne,

I've got a YA scifi which contains some X-men elements and a bit of a dystopian vibe. Would you be intested in reading it?

Thanks,

Rachel.

message 4: by Teri (new)

Teri Dluznieski (horsewisevt) | 23 comments hi,

I have an epic, low(?) fantasy, with YA elements that really could use another set of fresh eyes.

57-58k words
Before the Luck Runs Out

Orphan. Homeless. Half-breed.

For fourteen years Jedda’s home has been in the shadows and alleys of Tatak Rhe- city of the wealthy, powerful, and corrupt. He scrounges for survival, in dirty clothes that don’t keep him warm. Buried in his blood lies the gift of magic: an invisible hand guiding his life. Mostly he relies on his nimble fingers to keep himself fed.

Cold and hungry, he nicks the coin purse of the wrong man. Karrahk, one of the city’s powerful rulers, looks into the bright green eyes of the tawny-skinned waif and sees Jedda’s hidden heritage. He makes a decision that will change a hungry boy’s life forever.

Drawn into the service of a man that most people fear, Jedda begins to learn the deepest and darkest secrets from all over the city. But then his magic awakens, changing everything as he sees the deeper truth about this lord he has served so well. He was grateful to the Karrahk for saving his life. But he realizes his life is in more danger from his saviour than on the streets. Karrahk plays a ruthless game where power is more important than lives. Now he is afraid because he knows too much; his life and the lives of his friends are in danger.

message 5: by Wayne (last edited Oct 02, 2016 12:42PM) (new)

Wayne | 5 comments Claire wrote: "Wayne

Vampires are people too. They just need a little blood to live. The novel is almost finished and will be about 76,000 words. Could you read the first six chapters to see if it's something yo..."

David Yates

would love to read for you. message me to for details
wayne

message 6: by Wayne (new)

Wayne | 5 comments Rachel wrote: "Hey Wayne,

I've got a YA scifi which contains some X-men elements and a bit of a dystopian vibe. Would you be intested in reading it?

Thanks,

Rachel."
Rachel would love to go over your book for you
tks Wayne

message 7: by Wayne (new)

Wayne | 5 comments sure sounds great

message 8: by Ondřej (new)

Ondřej Hort | 32 comments Hi Wayne, I have a bunch of shorts that need a sharp eye. Genres differ but most are fantasy, horror and humor. Let me know by PM if you're interested. :)

message 9: by Vance (new)

Vance Huxley | 29 comments Hi Wayne
I have a military sci-fi that starts with the virtual destruction of Earth. Five million survivors are 'rescued' by a recruitment company, 3.3 million males as fighters, and 1.7 million females to breed replacements.
This galaxy is ruled by the non-violent. The only 'murderers' tolerated are mercenaries to conquer new planets and enforce the rules. Humans qualify, despite not having fangs, claws, scales or poison. Though first they have to prove themselves against the current mercenary race, conquer a homeworld, and negotiate paying the crippling debts for repairing Earth.
Unfortunately for the rulers, because humans don't have fangs or claws, they cheat.
I'd love an opinion.

message 10: by Avery (new)

Avery | 9 comments I have a short story that I would like read.
1600 words and I think rewarding.
Sincerely
Avery

message 11: by Avery (new)

Avery | 9 comments Wayne wrote: "will read almost anything.prefer science fiction ,horror,fantasy adventure
, steampunk ,crime dramas, psyic thriller .mutants ,monsters..
Fast reading times.. any books from this sight go on top o..."

How do I forward the story?

message 12: by Mato (new)

Mato Steger (jmsteger) | 18 comments Hey Wayne, I have been struggling to get some Male beta-readers. Here is my book blurb:

"Not all Ancient Races look so different. There are those who hide among us. Magic thriving within their veins.
They have many secrets; and those secrets are about to come find Emberlynn Grey, a half-breed who is the first Flame-Walker to be born in nearly Two-Thousand years.
As darkness looms across the land of Etherium, nearly consumed by war, Emberlynn could be their saving grace. But when the masked man, Cinders, kidnaps her to make Emberlynn his heir, she finds herself stuck in a world that is not her own, wanting nothing more than to find a way home."

BOOK TITLE: CINDERS: Child of Etherium
Word Count: 83-95k

Young Adult - New adult - Darker Modern Fantasy
Female Protag. Lots of diversity.

message 13: by Dennis (new)

Dennis Meredith (dennismeredith) Good morning Wayne,

Would love it if you would be willing to beta read our newest novel The Neuromorphs.

Here is a link to the book where you can read a chapter and decide if it is interesting to you.
http://dennismeredith.com/the-neuromo...

The authors blog post here http://wp.me/pjyFJ-vM
explains why beta readers and reviewers are so important and that we do listen!

You can reach me at editor@glyphus.com

Thanks for your consideration,
Joni