Swimming Mermalions discussion

Labors of Hercules > Bonus Week - Bonus Tasks

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 06, 2016 04:28PM) (new)

What we are working on:

BONUS LABOR 22

Pack your Backpack - Read a book that is 300 - 400 pages. - Filipa City Lights
◈ Plan the Trip - Read a book with over 100 chapters. - Jen 15th Affair
Find a Place to Shower - Read a book where someone showers. - Imke
Injure a Foot - Read a book where someone is injured severely. - Clare Crooked Kingdom
Inspire Others - Read an inspirational book. - Chava

BONUS LABOR 23

Gain entrance into Cerberus' lair - read a book with a door on the cover. - Lori The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place: Book II: The Hidden Gallery
Don't let the beast know you are there - read a book with a shadow on the cover or in the title. - Lusie A Caribbean Mystery
Hades refuses to let you use any weapons you already have. You need to find a weapon - Read a book with a weapon, other than a shield or sword, on the cover. - Lusie
◈ You conquered the beast, but you must find a way to get him back to Hades. - Read a book with a large vehicle on the cover. - Juliana Shadows of the Gods
You made it past all the trials and are on your way home - Read a book with a hole on the cover. - Imke

BONUS LABOR 28

Volunteer for the Games - Read a book where someone works at a non-profit. - NBRC Travel Agent
Party - Read a book with a party decoration on the cover.
Train - Read a book that's 500-600 pages. - Chava
Murder - Read a book with a murder that happens during the book timeline. - Gemma
◈ Win the Games - Read a book with a medal or trophy on the cover. - Lori Dead Heat

BONUS LABOR 29

◈ Talk with the Werewolves - Read a book where the main character is a werewolf.
◈ Talk with the Vampires - Read a book where the main character is a vampire.
◈ Compare the Merits - Read a paranormal romance book.
◈ Consider the Past - Read a book with a ghost.
Embrace the Triangle - Read a book with 3 parts in it. - NBRC Travel Agent

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 05, 2016 10:22AM) (new)

Title Relay bonuses:

BONUS LABOR 13

The first book must be Main Page genre Mystery

Read 5 linked books (i.e. Title Relay).

◈ Read 1st Book
◈ Read 2nd Book
◈ Read 3rd Book
◈ Read 4th Book
◈ Read 5th Book

BONUS LABOR 15

The first book must be Main Page genre Romance

Read 5 linked books (i.e. Title Relay).

◈ Read 1st Book - Imke Walk Through Fire
◈ Read 2nd Book
◈ Read 3rd Book
◈ Read 4th Book
◈ Read 5th Book

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I've used 2 of the bonuses to get some more sets of tasks plus the maximum number of task sets allowed has gone up to 6. This has given us more options besides the title relays.

These are our temporary bonuses - we can't generate another set of tasks when completed:

Bonus labor 12
Bonus labor 15

message 4: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 38 comments Thank you for all your work. I am hoping to be done with Blades of Winter tomorrow. I live in Mongolia (not sure if I mentioned that before). Anyway, I will more than likely (90% odds) be completely without internet from October 8 -12. I will be reading during that time but with this extra week, I won't be able to help much and need to figure out what I can start on for the next challenge.

message 5: by Lusie (new)

Lusie (illusie) Thanks Lori for setting up a new thread for this.

message 6: by Juliana (new)

Juliana Rodrigues (julianamfrodrigues) | 87 comments Thanks Lori!! Searching my books to see how I can help.

message 7: by Juliana (new)

Juliana Rodrigues (julianamfrodrigues) | 87 comments I'm reading Shadows of the Gods (Crimson Worlds Refugees #2) by Jay Allan that has 340 pages so works for bonus labor 22 - Pack your Backpack and in the cover there is a spaceship so I think it works too for bonus labor 23 - You conquered the beast, but you must find a way to get him back to Hades. - Read a book with a large vehicle on the cover.

message 8: by Clare (new)

Clare (wispa694) | 34 comments Mod
I can do Three Dark Crowns for "Dark" in the title, I also have a feeling someone will definitely be injured severely in Crooked Kingdom.

message 9: by Imke (new)

Imke (immie75) I have started Brighter Than the Sun for bonus labor 21

message 10: by Imke (new)

Imke (immie75) I have finished September this book can work for bonus labor 22 main character takes a shower on 21 September at 12:02 pm (this book doesn't have chapters and works with date/time).

message 11: by Imke (new)

Imke (immie75) I can start Walk Through Fire as the first book for labor 15.

message 12: by Lusie (new)

Lusie (illusie) I finished A Caribbean Mystery

message 13: by Filipa (new)

Filipa | 32 comments I couldn't find anything starting with fire for the relay, so I'll read City Lights for bonus 22 (318 pages).

message 14: by Lusie (new)

Lusie (illusie) I couldn't find anything with fire either.

message 15: by Lusie (new)

Lusie (illusie) I can make a title relay of 2 words with Filippa's book for labor 15, but than we have to forget about the book with fire.

Mystic City (Lusie) - City Lights (Filippa) - ? - ? - ?

message 16: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 38 comments I can start reading The Star-Touched Queen but I'm not sure I can finish it in two days.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Xelly wrote: "I can start reading The Star-Touched Queen but I'm not sure I can finish it in two days."

The book won't work anyway as hyphenated words are counted as one word.

message 18: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 38 comments Pigletto wrote: "Xelly wrote: "I can start reading The Star-Touched Queen but I'm not sure I can finish it in two days."

The book won't work anyway as hyphenated words are counted as one word."

Bummer, thanks

message 19: by Lusie (last edited Oct 03, 2016 01:15AM) (new)

Lusie (illusie) I was looking at Imke's book and I have a romance book that we can use in front of her book, for bonus 15

The Widow's Walk (Lusie) - Walk Through Fire (Imke) - ? - ? - ?

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I have 3 fire books:

Fire & Chasm
Fire & Steel
Fire Spell

if anyone can work off of one of them

message 21: by Lusie (last edited Oct 03, 2016 11:40PM) (new)

Lusie (illusie) I'm currently reading As Night Falls by Jenny Milchman .
Do you want me to read The Widow's Walk by Robert Barclay after this for the title relay bonus 15?

message 22: by Imke (new)

Imke (immie75) I have finished Brighter Than the Sun for bonus labor 21

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Lusie wrote: "I'm currently reading As Night Falls by Jenny Milchman.
Do you want me to read The Widow's Walk by Robert Barclay after this for the title relay bonus 15?"

We don't have a run of 5 books for this and I don't see the point of anyone reading especially for a title relay unless we know we can complete the relay with those books. So, if you can't fill any of the other open spots and this is the book you want to read next then yes go ahead and read it. If not then no.

message 24: by Lusie (new)

Lusie (illusie) Thanks Lori. I only have time for 1 book after the book I'm currently reading. I'll check if there is a book that i can read for 1 of the other challenges

message 25: by Lusie (last edited Oct 05, 2016 04:18AM) (new)

Lusie (illusie) It looks like we don't have a book for stars yet, I'll read Beneath the Moon and the Stars Beneath the Moon and the Stars by Amelia Thorne

message 26: by Chava (last edited Oct 04, 2016 04:40PM) (new)

Chava Lusie wrote: "I was looking at Imke's book and I have a romance book that we can use in front of her book, for bonus 15

The Widow's Walk (Lusie) - Walk Through Fire (Imke) - ? - ..."

I can listen to Fire Them Up! 7 Simple Secrets To Inspire Colleagues, Customers, and Clients;sell Yourself, Your Vision, and Your Values; Communicate with Charisma and Confidence by Carmine Gallo to add to Imke's book

message 27: by Lusie (last edited Oct 05, 2016 04:18AM) (new)

Lusie (illusie) I finished Beneath the Moon and the Stars by Amelia Thorne

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

New bonus:

BONUS LABOR 28

◈ Volunteer for the Games - Read a book where someone works at a non-profit.
◈ Party - Read a book with a party decoration on the cover.
◈ Train - Read a book that's 500-600 pages.
◈ Murder - Read a book with a murder that happens during the book timeline.
◈ Win the Games - Read a book with a medal or trophy on the cover.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Chava wrote: "Lusie wrote: "I was looking at Imke's book and I have a romance book that we can use in front of her book, for bonus 15

The Widow's Walk (Lusie) - Walk Through Fire..."

Someone would have to be able to follow it up with a book beginning with Confidence.

Fire Them Up!: 7 Simple Secrets To: Inspire Colleagues, Customers, and Clients;sell Yourself, Your Vision, and Your Values; Communicate with Charisma and Confidence

message 30: by Bookworm_gem (new)

Bookworm_gem  (gembear) My book Maids of Misfortune has a murder

message 31: by Chava (new)

Chava I have finished NYPD Red
It fits Bonus 28, tasks:
◈ Train - Read a book that's 500-600 pages. (521p)
◈ Murder - Read a book with a murder that happens during the book timeline. (several murders)

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

New tasks:

◈ Talk with the Werewolves - Read a book where the main character is a werewolf.
◈ Talk with the Vampires - Read a book where the main character is a vampire.
◈ Compare the Merits - Read a paranormal romance book.
◈ Consider the Past - Read a book with a ghost.

message 33: by Chava (new)

Chava Finished Fire them up

message 34: by Imke (new)

Imke (immie75) finished walk through fire.

message 36: by Juliana (new)

Juliana Rodrigues (julianamfrodrigues) | 87 comments I'm sorry team, but I couldn't finish my book on time. :(
I had less free time this week then I was expecting.

message 37: by Chava (new)

Chava Juliana wrote: "I'm sorry team, but I couldn't finish my book on time. :(
I had less free time this week then I was expecting."

How's your bubba, Juliana? Growing big? I hope you're coping well with motherhood. The first one is the hardest, I found, it's all smooth sailing by nr 4 :)

message 38: by Juliana (new)

Juliana Rodrigues (julianamfrodrigues) | 87 comments Hei Chava, he is already 4 months old and a great little boy.
I'm enjoying motherhood, but it's tough!! Not thinking on having a second baby any time soon :D
I can't imagine how it is to have 4!!