Beta Reader Group discussion

PAID services offered > Spaces available now

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by LoveBeta (last edited Oct 24, 2016 12:24PM) (new)

LoveBeta | 2 comments Have some spaces available this month. Freelance journalist with an MA in Scriptwriting ready to take a look at your work. All genres welcome, although I am a sucker for fantasy.

I use Microsoft Word's track changes to add my comments and I also provide a full report on your novel. Please email for a sample beta read.

https://lovebetablog.wordpress.com/

Kind Regards!

message 2: by Luella (new)

Luella Christie (luellachristie) I used LoveBeta for a novel that was in the rut. I had no idea how to improve it. The service LoveBeta provided was meticulous, detailed and spot-on. He gave me a clear direction of where to take the novel with multiple examples to guide me. If you want to take your manuscript to the next level and want a beta reader that isn't afraid to tell you what works and what doesn't work in your story then look no further than LoveBeta. His service is extremely professional and his prices very reasonable and affordable as well.

-Luella

message 3: by Amber (new)

Amber | 1 comments I was very impressed with this service. Professional and timely and helpful. Peter provided wonderful big picture insights on my novella and has a knack for understanding character and theme. I loved his use of questions ( a list he provides) to inform the writer of the pros and cons of their work. Great experience! Thank you.

message 4: by LoveBeta (last edited Nov 17, 2016 09:15AM) (new)

LoveBeta | 2 comments This week I've submitted reports on a 200k Spec. Fiction and a 70k Young Adult. Both happy clients.

I'm now open for spaces. Can provide an immediate start for the first client.

https://lovebetablog.wordpress.com/

message 5: by Megan (new)

Megan Liran | 4 comments Sheesh, this site was hard to join up on to leave this comment...

I submitted my work out to numerous beta readers, and I have to say, Peter was the most timely and certainly the most thorough. He really did go through and read the book and help me with my specific goals instead of just making comments like "Too much dialogue" or "This doesn't work." He gave me specific suggestions for improvement, and while I didn't implement all of them, I could tell that he really posted what he meant.
Not to mention... he worked fast!

message 6: by H.L. (new)

H.L. Miller | 3 comments I submitted a 60,000 word manuscript and got my report back in less than 2 weeks. I was given helpful advice on character development, story pacing, and ideas for increasing the conflict between characters. I also heard about what worked in the story. Good service to get an honest review. Thanks Peter.

message 7: by Natalia (new)

Natalia Schleifer (natschleifer) | 7 comments Peter is great and he works fast. He's polite, professional and never lies about the story. He wouldn't tell you it's great if it isn't, for example. (He also won't straight out say if it's rubbish or something, he's not rude). Positive criticism is definitely his forte. So if you truly want someone who will work on your story to make it better, talk to him. I have a rather chaotic way of working and he was very accommodating; had a report and comments back in a very timely fashion. I do recommend his services, not only because of the wonderful job he does but because it's also cheaper than say, going to an editor. Similar service (sans full copy editing) for a better price.

message 8: by Cleo (new)

Cleo | 17 comments + Prompt turnaround
+ Encourages questions and provides further help beyond the initial service
+ Professional, structured feedback files
+ Highly useful inside information about publishing
+ Speedy replies
+ Friendly, cordial, witty and helpful
+ Fair price

All praise!