Perustopia Book Club discussion

Books in english

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shelby (new)

Shelby (shelby_) | 61 comments Hi everyone! I'm from Spain and I want to read books in english so I don't know if u guys would recommend me some easy english books. Thank you so much!

message 2: by Swati (new)

Swati | 95 comments Percy Jackson and Harry Potter are really good starting points :)

message 3: by Cal (new)

Cal (Cal's Reading Corner) (calsreadingcorner) | 18 comments Percy Jackson and Harry Potter (though, that series gets way tougher to reader) are good^^ if we are sticking to the middle grade/early YA theme, I'd also suggest The Princess Diaries. Divergent is simply written (so is the first Twilight book). Dash and Lily's Book of Dares. 13 Reasons Why. Vampire Academy (books 1 and 2 have easier English, after that they get harder). To All the Boys I've Ever Loved Before is super easy to read. I just finished a book called Carrier of the Mark-- really easy to read too. All of these books have minimal complex words so they're great to start off with. Good luck reading!!

message 4: by Sofi (new)

Sofi Mascaró (toffiladyreader) | 17 comments Laura, I'm from Argentina and I started with Harry Potter, I knew the book by memory so I'd recommend you to read a book you've already read and that you know what happens. It will help you to increase your vocabulary :)

message 5: by maria (new)

maria (maria-blackthorn) Percy Jackson is pretty easy to start of with as well as some Roald Dahl adult books to

message 6: by Rbooks (last edited Oct 02, 2016 06:40AM) (new)

Rbooks | 90 comments Hey there! Have you read any books in English or is this your first time?
My go to recommendation is Percy Jackson for beginner readers. Its easy, short, fun and easy to please. It has humor, romance, action, adventure, and more! Something that can suit most people, also as you read on, the books get more complex with your level.

Theres also the obvious one which is Harry Potter

My next recommendation would be a little more advance, and its a historical fiction, Nightingale . Its important, heartbreaking and teaches us important lessons.

If you like Fantasy, I would redommend Snow like Ashes. Its not really hard to get into and is super intruiging. Now I'm going to warn you though, the second book does not live up to your expectations.

Some contemprory would be Anna and the French kiss , they are really cute and fluffy reads.

So those are my recommendations, let me know if you would like some more.

Happy reading!

message 7: by Shelby (new)

Shelby (shelby_) | 61 comments Thank you so much! I'll try to start with alll the books that you've recommend me and trying to learn how to read in english!

message 8: by Evelina (new)

Evelina Bylund (evelinabylund) | 94 comments I think that The Selection series by Kiera Cass is kind of a quick and easy read, at least for me and I'm swedish

message 9: by Sofía (new)

Sofía The Kasie West's books (especially 'the distance between us' and 'the fill-in boyfriend' they are easy to read at least for me and I'm Mexican (:

message 10: by Kylie (new)

Kylie Lightwood | 134 comments VICTORIA AVEYARD!!!!!! Hey books are so good!!!!!