The Banned Books Club discussion

Carrie > Carrie

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

midnightreadingg (httpsreadandbleedwordpresscom) | 42 comments Mod
Can't wait to start reading this!!

message 2: by Tom (new)

Tom Mathews | 35 comments I started this one last night. It starts out with some pretty nasty bullying that is almost physically painful to read. It's scientific study format is unlike any Stephen King I have read.

message 3: by Lois (new)

Lois (loiszuger) | 1 comments I've already read this book, so I'll be passing on it this month, but I'm excited to see what you guys think! It was my first Stephen King book and I enjoyed it. Because it was one of his first works, the writing style was a bit different than his later novels, but I still thought it was interesting. It's definitely different than your average horror/thriller novel!

message 4: by Robert (new)

Robert | 11 comments What an awesome book !! A must-read...always.

message 5: by Robert (new)

Robert | 11 comments Loretta wrote: "Robert wrote: "What an awesome book !! A must-read...always."

Is the book better than the movie Robert? Did you see the movie?"

Hi Loretta, most movies adapted from SK novels follow the book lines esp if King himself is involved in some way in production and\or film directing. I saw the original movie with Sissy Spacek and no actress depicts Carrie as she does....straight from the book!

message 6: by Robert (new)

Robert | 11 comments Loretta wrote: "Oh my! I've never read this book! I've seen the original movie with John Travolta, too many times (it seems so silly to me now!). Don't know if I would really want to read the book. Fun fact though..."
Most banned books are the best reads ever!

message 7: by Robert (new)

Robert | 11 comments Loretta wrote: "Robert wrote: "Loretta wrote: "Robert wrote: "What an awesome book !! A must-read...always."

Is the book better than the movie Robert? Did you see the movie?"
Hi Loretta, most movies adapted from ..."

My copy of Joyland is still gathering proverbial dust in my office....can't get a chance to start reading it. Perhaps you would like the JFK novel by SK ?!