Read with Tessa discussion

Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
This topic is about Three Dark Crowns
Past Reads > Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tessa (last edited Oct 02, 2016 04:02AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tessa (tessamoui) | 60 comments Mod
This month's surprise new release book is... Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake!
I decided not to post a poll to pick October's BOTM because I really wanted to make sure I included as many YA new releases as I could as "Read with Tessa" books. Therefore, for the next few months, all books picked will be new releases (released in fall/winter 2016); but don't worry if you can't get your hands on all of the books, I will be doing my monthly giveaways so all of you can receive eBook copies of every BOTM chosen! ♡

For those who've read it, what did you think of the book? Favourite/least favourite part? Favourite/least favourite characters?

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) I am so excited for this. I have heard so many great reviews :)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) Megan ••bookslayerReads•• wrote: "Have been waiting on this book! Yay! ;)"

Me too! I was contemplating buying it in a few days so this is perfect :)

Amanda [darjeeling_and_jade] (exploredreamdiscover) | 6 comments I wasn't impressed with Blake's first (I think) novel, so I'm interested in seeing if her style improved from that. It's definitely an intriguing premise! I hope I like this but I suspect that I'm going to swing strongly one way or the other.

message 5: by Rai (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rai (raireads) | 30 comments I'm annoyed that I'm probably not going to get to read this this month. I've been in a really bad reading slump that I've just got out of and so am trying to finish other books first, which means I probably won't get to this in time.

Hopefully I can as I'm really looking forward to reading this one. Fingers crossed!

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) I still haven't manage to get to this, but I am going to Italy tomorrow and this will be my in-flight read. I doubt time and wifi will allow me to write much abroad, but I will add my thoughts here when I am home.

message 7: by Tessa (last edited Oct 23, 2016 08:55AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

I've been in such a book-slump for the past months I decided to just pick this book up and give it a go - best decision ever! I just started reading this and I'm currently on page 109, already feeling like I'm pretty much out of the slump. I had an inkling that I would enjoy this book but I'm surprised how much I'm liking it! I love reading from the different perspectives of the 3 protagonists - how different their upbringings have been and how their lives are now. I don't have a favourite so far, although I'm definitely feeling bad for Katharine, the things she has to go through... Can't wait to see where this story goes!

Hikaoru (hikaoru13) | 4 comments I finally finished this book today. All I can say is that, that was a hella long intro. It picks up the pace around 40 page before the end. *Sigh*

I loved this book, it was different and exciting and got me out of my reading slump! Some of the writing was off at times, especiall some dialogues between individuals of the different areas/cities, it felt as if chunks of the scenes had been edited out or deleted and just a summary of what was said remained. However, the remaining 90% of dialogue was on point and the rest of the writing/story were 5* worthy!
I couldn't choose a favourite queen though, I think they all have traits I liked and disliked. I did feel sorry for Catherine though and what is wrong with Pietyr? - something is definitely up with him...

I can't wait for the sequel to come out!

Maria (sweetautumnreader) | 4 comments Holy Smokes! I just finished this book & omg! How could I have not seen that!? Things make so much more sense now, I'm definitely ready for the sequel!

message 11: by Rai (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rai (raireads) | 30 comments I started this yesterday and I'm really enjoying it so far, although I don't know which queen I prefer yet. From the blurb I was expecting Mirabella to be quite bloodthirsty so I can't lie, I'm a bit disappointed in her character, although I do admit it's a nice twist.

I don't really understand why everyone is claiming that the first 75% of this slow as I'm finding it quite well paced?

Hikaoru (hikaoru13) | 4 comments Rai wrote: "I started this yesterday and I'm really enjoying it so far, although I don't know which queen I prefer yet. From the blurb I was expecting Mirabella to be quite bloodthirsty so I can't lie, I'm a b..."
because i was expecting a fight to the death kind of thing and instead i got backstory for all the queens. it's not that the story isn't nice but not as awesome as expected

MsArdychan I just finished this book, reading it quickly because I couldn't put it down! The ending was surprising and now all the pieces in the puzzle fit!

message 14: by Mara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mara (maraanne) | 4 comments I swung between which sister was my favorite as the story progressed. Felt really bad for all three of them for different reasons. But I think Katherine ended up winning in the end. TOTALLY did not see the twist at the end coming, though. I loved it. I really liked that the plot was a little slower than it could have been; gave a lot of opportunity for world building and character building, as well as just an overall sense of foreshadowing. Definitely my favorite Kendare Blake book.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I read it one day before I joined this group. I loved the twist, the high's and the low's and a new found hatred conceal me. I hate Joseph for going out with mirabella instead of Jules.No book has intrigued me like this book has!

MsArdychan The second book cover was revealed today: One Dark Throne! Here is the facebook page link: https://www.facebook.com/ThreeDarkCro... The release date is set for September 19th, 2017!!!

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

OMG. I can't wait for the next book!

message 18: by Mara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mara (maraanne) | 4 comments Oh my gosh, that's a sinfully gorgeous cover!!

Mara I totally agree with you - this book was definitely one of my favourites and I need the sequel NOW! hehe But I'm opposites in the Josh situation, I'm team Mirabella :P

MsArdychan I hadn't seen it!! Thank you so much for linking it - I'm loving the covers of this series! Need the sequel ASAP

Mara Agree x1000 :)