Read with Tessa discussion

A Torch Against the Night (An Ember in the Ashes, #2)
This topic is about A Torch Against the Night
Past Reads > A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tessa (new)

Tessa (tessamoui) | 60 comments Mod
And the first October book of the month is... A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir!
After coming in close second in last month's poll, I thought it would be great to read the next instalment in Sabaa Tahir latest series - especially as we read book one a few months back and most absolutely loved it!
I will be updating my progress on the book and posting photos of this month's reads on this account and my Instagram account (@mouireads) throughout the month ♡

For those who've read it, what did you think of the book? Favourite/least favourite part? Favourite/least favourite characters?

message 2: by Rai (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rai (raireads) | 30 comments I just finished this the other day and I loved it! There were so many amazing twists and turns in the plot and so many things worked out so differently than I expected.

My favourite part was definitely the inclusion of Helene's viewpoint as she's easily my favourite character.

Shannon (mrsreadsbooks) I finished this book a few weeks ago and loved it. I also really enjoyed Helene's viewpoint because it gave us such a different look at the story. There were certainly plot twists that I did not see coming, but I really liked how the story went for the most part.

message 4: by Dannii (last edited Oct 04, 2016 01:28AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) I am so excited to read both this and An Ember in the Ashes this month. Although I think I'll buy the paperback copy, to match the first book in the series :) They are just too pretty not to adorn my shelves! Hehe.

MsArdychan I also thought that adding Helene's voice to the narrative added a new depth to the story. It put a human face on why someone might need to go along with a brutal regime. I adore Helene! That poor young woman is in an impossible situation.

Shannon (mrsreadsbooks) I agree, I enjoyed hearing from Helene's point of view, it gives us a whole other side of the story.