Eleanor & Park Eleanor & Park discussion

Want to Read

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Debbie So excited to be starting this book soon. I've just ordered it and hopefully it will be here this week :) Has anyone else read it?Eleanor & Park

message 2: by Kaitlyn (new) - added it

Kaitlyn Black Debbie wrote: "So excited to be starting this book soon. I've just ordered it and hopefully it will be here this week :) Has anyone else read it?Eleanor & Park"

Yes I have. The ending is the worst. Please let me know when you finish it so we can rant about it together.

Debbie Kaitlyn wrote: "Debbie wrote: "So excited to be starting this book soon. I've just ordered it and hopefully it will be here this week :) Has anyone else read it?Eleanor & Park"

Yes I have. The end..."

I have a few pages left I'm almost crying because I know it will be bad but it can't because everything has been so good. Yes I will hit you up when I'm done because I know I will need to rant it out :)

Debbie Kaitlyn wrote: "Debbie wrote: "So excited to be starting this book soon. I've just ordered it and hopefully it will be here this week :) Has anyone else read it?Eleanor & Park"

Yes I have. The end..."

That ending.
That ******* ending!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was so annoying I couldn't even cry. I was so pissed that it just ended like that, no sequel nothing

message 5: by Kaitlyn (new) - added it

Kaitlyn Black Debbie wrote: "Kaitlyn wrote: "Debbie wrote: "So excited to be starting this book soon. I've just ordered it and hopefully it will be here this week :) Has anyone else read it?Eleanor & Park"

Yes..."

I KNOW RIGHT I WAS SO MAD WHEN I READ THE END!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS

Lisa Personally, I didn't enjoy the book that much at all... I mean I love how Eleanor and Park are wonderfully non-stereotypical, but I absolutely could not connect to them somehow...

Lisa Personally, I didn't enjoy the book that much at all... I mean I love how Eleanor and Park are wonderfully non-stereotypical, but I absolutely could not connect to them somehow...

Keeley In one word.. Crap! Lol I was so looking forward to this book, all my friends loved it. I thought it was boring and I didn't like the end at all.

Lisa That's about how I felt!

Allie I honestly wasn't sure about the book just reading the dust jacket, but it's not one of my favorite books! I think Rowell does a great job in representing some of the realities and anxieties Young Adults experience in one way or another. There's no sugarcoating it. It's also risky because she's writing from different perspectives of the two main characters, but she's also creating bit of the fantasy aura that's just not practical in (most) realities. Overall, though I really enjoyed it, even if it doesn't end the way we all wanted it to.

Cassie Allie - I agree with you. It's hard to find an author that deals with themes like depression or anxiety accurately like Rainbow does. Her characters feel realistic to me, with a touch of that movie romance. You should read some of her other books (I LOVE Fangirl).

I personal liked the ending a lot. Frustrating yes, but it felt real. I saw Rainbow give a talk once, and of course people were asking her about the ending. She had several explanations on why she stays as vague as she does. One of them being, she told someone once and they were disappointed. I think it's not this great mystery that we are making it to be in our heads. Rainbow also pointed out that she felt like we were inside the characters' heads long enough, and she gave them that moment of privacy.

I know not everyone agrees, but the ending made it memorable to me. I like how Rainbow's books don't end with everything planned out and explained, and leave things a little more open. <3