Play Book Tag discussion

His Bloody Project: Documents Relating to the Case of Roderick Macrae
This topic is about His Bloody Project
Archive: Other Books > His Bloody Project - Graeme Macrae Burnet 4/5

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole D. (last edited Oct 02, 2016 12:48PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nicole D. | 1482 comments This is historical fiction, but I read it in September, so posting it here.

This was an interesting book. Parts of it dragged, and parts moved - overall though, I thought it was interesting and original.

It's Scotland in the late 1700's - there has been a murder and a confession. The prisoner is asked to write out his story, which he does with a literary skill far beyond his station. Most of the story is told through this diary which gives a good overview of the time and place. After the diary there are multiple methods and points of view which told the story. So the story in itself was nothing to write home about, but the way in which it was told was.

It was well done. I appreciate the nod it got from the Booker team, but can't say I'll be rushing off to recommend it to people.

message 2: by Susie (new) - added it

Susie | 4488 comments The cover alone makes me want to read this!

Nicole D. | 1482 comments Susie wrote: "The cover alone makes me want to read this!"

I loved the title, in fact all of us on the "shadow panel" did. It was good, and I can see why it made the lists.