Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Die By the Drop (Shivers and Sins #1)
This topic is about Die By the Drop
Book Issues > Please Combine Illustrator and Author Editions

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kaia (last edited Oct 01, 2016 08:23PM) (new)

Kaia Bennett (kaiabennett) | 24 comments If someone could help me that would be great! I have a book out and I'm the author but for some reason my illustrator is listed by herself on another edition of the same book. It makes it look like there are two copies and her copy has the full title: Die By the Drop (Shivers and Sins Volume 1) as well as some rankings and reviews. Can someone please combine these two into one? Edited to add: They have the same ASIN and are the same book, both are the same 1st edition copy. Not sure how they got split up.

Die By the Drop (Shivers and Sins Volume 1) by Kaia Bennett

Die By the Drop Shivers and Sins Volume 1 by Eden Connor

message 2: by Codex (new)

Codex | 3401 comments You were not listed as the author in the duplicate book record that listed the illustrator (only). This has been partially fixed by adding you as the author.

What remains to be done to fix everything properly is to merge the two copies into a single edition. This will require a superlibrarian because both copies have been added by too many readers. A request to do this has been posted in the appropriate thread, and will be acted on in due course.

➤ Please do not fiddle with the two books before the merge is complete.

message 3: by Kaia (new)

Kaia Bennett (kaiabennett) | 24 comments Codex wrote: "You were not listed as the author in the duplicate book record that listed the illustrator (only). This has been partially fixed by adding you as the author.

What remains to be done to fix everyth..."

Thank you so much for your help. I'm happy to hear it will be fixed so readers won't be confused.

message 4: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7029 comments Got this one, and illustrators / cover designers are not added unless they illustrate inside the book,

message 5: by Kaia (new)

Kaia Bennett (kaiabennett) | 24 comments Thanks Paula. Amazon must have messed that up. She's the editor and cover artist and is listed there. So it must have carried over somehow to Goodreads.

message 6: by Kaia (new)

Kaia Bennett (kaiabennett) | 24 comments Kaia wrote: "Codex wrote: "You were not listed as the author in the duplicate book record that listed the illustrator (only). This has been partially fixed by adding you as the author.

What remains to be done ..."

Question for you. Is there a reason that there are still two versions that are identical? There is only one edition of this book, so are they still being treated as separate books, or are they actually synced up? When I go to my Author Dashboard there are more reviews, ratings, and a different score listed. When I click on the book, both identical versions have less reviews and rankings showing. I wondered if it was showing up as more on my dash because the system was reading more reviews/ratings than I have (a side effect of it reading the book as 2 editions), or if it has yet to catch up to what my dash says. Thanks.

message 7: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19829 comments Looks like only one edition is showing now Kaia. The caching issue on author pages has been very slow indeed in some cases lately. That may be the case with your ratings/reviews also. They would have been merged when the book versions were combined. If they still look incorrect you may want to post in the Feedback group, where there have been other posts about that problem: https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/1

message 8: by Kaia (new)

Kaia Bennett (kaiabennett) | 24 comments Kaia wrote: "Kaia wrote: "Codex wrote: "You were not listed as the author in the duplicate book record that listed the illustrator (only). This has been partially fixed by adding you as the author.

What remain..."

Thank you! I appreciate the help and the heads up about the caching issue. It seems like everything has synced up now. :)