Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Beta reader available for romance, mystery, YA, thriller, historical fiction, fantasy

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (crash95) | 1 comments Hi! I'm a beta reader available to beta read pretty much anything. I try to stay away from erotica because that isn't my thing.

I read pretty fast. I have a turn around time of roughly a week depending on the size of the book, how many books I am currently reading, and if I have anything unexpected happen in my daily life.

I am open to answering any in depth questions that would accompany the reading.

If your books are published and you would like a review, I'm open to that as well. I review on Goodreads and Tumblr!

Message me on here if you're interesting in anything!

message 2: by Jay (new)

Jay Sandlin (jaysandlin) | 5 comments Hello Courtney. I think my historical fiction series will be perfect for you. I have early draft samples ready to send. How would you like to proceed?

message 3: by Teri (new)

Teri Dluznieski (horsewisevt) | 23 comments Hi,

I have an epic (low) fantasy, with YAish aspects. 57k words.

I'm really looking for fresh eyes on it, so that I can figure out if/what it might still need before going to an editor:)

Before the Luck Runs Out

Orphan. Homeless. Half-breed.

For fourteen years Jedda’s home has been in the shadows and alleys of Tatak Rhe- city of the wealthy, powerful, and corrupt. He scrounges for survival, in dirty clothes that don’t keep him warm. Buried in his blood lies the gift of magic: an invisible hand guiding his life. Mostly he relies on his nimble fingers to keep himself fed.

Cold and hungry, he nicks the coin purse of the wrong man. Karrahk, one of the city’s powerful rulers, looks into the bright green eyes of the tawny-skinned waif and sees Jedda’s hidden heritage. He makes a decision that will change a hungry boy’s life forever.

Drawn into the service of a man that most people fear, Jedda begins to learn the deepest and darkest secrets from all over the city. But then his magic awakens, changing everything as he sees the deeper truth about this lord he has served so well. He was grateful to the Karrahk for saving his life. But he realizes his life is in more danger from his saviour than on the streets. Karrahk plays a ruthless game where power is more important than lives. Now he is afraid because he knows too much; his life and the lives of his friends are in danger.

message 4: by Ana (new)

Ana | 28 comments Hi Courtney,

I'm looking for beta readers who enjoy YA to read my contemporary YA novel. It is complete and edited. It's about 60K.

Georgia is getting sick of everyone telling her about college and the importance it holds on her future. All fifteen year old Georgia wants is to be free, in every way. She loses track of time daydreaming and is obsessed with Good&Plenty candy.
But when Georgia witnesses a murder, she has no option but to grow up and start caring about the world around her.

If this sounds like something you'd enjoy, please email me or let me know how you'd like to receive it (Word or Google docs).

Thank you,
Ana
anawrighting@gmal.com
www.anawright.com

message 5: by Brian (new)

Brian Schwarz | 6 comments Hi Courtney,

Looking for a beta for the first few chapters (possibly up to the first 1/3rd) of my YA Thriller.

Here is the logline: When seventeen-year-old Hallie Stone finds a finger in a rusty lunchbox, she learns two things: the famous Geocaching Killer is back, and she has seven days to find her dad.

Let me know if you have any interest. Thank you very much!

Brian

message 6: by Jessie (new)

Jessie Pyne | 12 comments Hi Courtney,
I'm looking for a beta reader for my 90,000 word fantasy novel. Please let me know if you're interested/ have the time.
Thanks

message 7: by Ondřej (new)

Ondřej Hort | 32 comments Hi Courtney, I have some short stories and would appreciate if you looked at them. Genres differ but horror, humor and fantasy prevail. Length is usually 1-3k, but they can be a couple hundred words long just as 11k. Let me know if you're interested and have a wonderful day. :)

Ondřej (just type Ondrej, I don't mind)

message 8: by Claire (new)

Claire | 21 comments Courtney

I have a vampire story. Vampires are people too. Hero is a Medical Examiner. He's living a typical life in the suburbs with his wife and children. Another vampire is searching for him to kill his wife and children for what he perceives he took for him in 800 AD. There is some violence and some language. Not quiet finished but I would like a beta read on the 1st 12 Chapters - 35 pages.
If interested my e-mail is dcymai@aol.com

David Yates

message 9: by Avery (new)

Avery | 9 comments Courtney wrote: "Hi! I'm a beta reader available to beta read pretty much anything. I try to stay away from erotica because that isn't my thing.

I read pretty fast. I have a turn around time of roughly a week dep..."
I have a very short narrative poem (580 words)
And a short story (1650 words)
Simply require your thoughts on the material.
Avery

message 10: by D.J. (new)

D.J. Umber (djumber) | 5 comments Hi Courtney.
A historical fiction set during the roman republic.
Book is complete, and mostly edited, about 85K words.
The main goal of the beta read would be to find any remaining plot holes and tweak the ending.

Email: Danieljumbehr@gmail.com

message 11: by John (new)

John | 1 comments Hi Courtney,

I have a completed YA scifi novel of 117K words.
Looking for someone to give me their view of the novel.

John

Email: ptagasky@gmail.com

message 12: by Karen (new)

Karen (kivrin) | 70 comments Hi Courtney. I have a high fantasy quartet with a bit of romance that I need beta read. I've had several read-throughs of the first book but really need it for books 2-4. That being said, the whole thing is 500,00 words (I know, I know, that's a lot.) But I can give you a synopsis of any of the books if you're interested in reading them. If you'd like I can send you a link to the first book which is on Wattpad, so you can see if it's something that interests you.

message 13: by Velvet (new)

Velvet | 6 comments Howdy, Courtney.

I'm writing a Superhero story for wattpad and I'd like to have someone beta read it before I start publishing chapters, I have a few done by now, just around 9k words as of now.

Here's the sinopsis in case you are interested:

Green Dash and Erick Goodsell have known each other their whole lives, sometimes they even seem to be the same person, they even have the same set of powers. While one lives the life of a superhero the other is just a normal guy. However both of their status are put at risk when secrets of their past start to surface again and make their lives shatter in a million pieces.

Hope it catches your attention

message 14: by Jay (last edited Oct 23, 2016 08:59AM) (new)

Jay Storey (jayallanstorey) | 80 comments Hi, Courtney,

I'm looking for a beta reader for my 75,000 word YA/Science Fiction novel, ‘The Black Heart of the Station’.

Synopsis:

Josh Driscoll, a teenager living in a mysterious underground city known as ‘The Station’, is forced to enroll as a novice monk at Saint Carmine’s, the Station’s resident monastery, as punishment for numerous petty crimes and mischief.

At first desperate to escape, he’s gradually drawn into the monastery’s ancient scriptures, which seem to answer questions about the Station’s origin, now lost in the mists of time. From the scriptures, Josh comes to believe that the ‘Black Heart’, a computer complex of unknown purpose buried in a part of those Station critically damaged centuries ago, is vital to their future survival.

When the governing Council, of which Josh’s own father is a member, announces plans to demolish the Black Heart to open up badly needed living space, Josh forms a movement and leads a desperate battle to stop the demolition.

You can reach me at: jastorey@shaw.ca

Thanks,
Jay

message 15: by Karen (new)

Karen (kivrin) | 70 comments Teri wrote: "Hi,

I have an epic (low) fantasy, with YAish aspects. 57k words.

I'm really looking for fresh eyes on it, so that I can figure out if/what it might still need before going to an editor:)

Before ..."

Hi Teri! I've completed a fantasy quartet and one of my main characters is a cocky young thief. Are you interested in a beta swap? The entire quartet is 500,000 words but the first book is 110,000. The first book has been beta read several times but I just did some rearranging so would like a fresh look on it. It started out as YA but my characters were "too old" to be in a YA novel. Thus said, it has some mature content but not much, especially in the first book.

You can email me at karebaer@gmail.com if you're interested.

message 16: by Nick (new)

Nick Tingley | 6 comments Hi Courtney,

You look pretty swamped with requests, but if you're interested I have a short (30,000 word) mystery novella set in rural Victorian England that I'm looking to have Beta read.

The Butcher of Barclay's Hollow follows the story of Patrick Conroy, a butcher who has reluctantly been drafted in as the local parish constable. When an elderly vicar dies suddenly in the village, Conroy is called on to solve the crime. With the whole village set against him, Conroy discovers that he only has two assets to solve the case - his own intuition and the skills of a young girl.

If you are interested, feel free to message me on nick-tingley@hotmail.co.uk and I will direct you to where you can find it.

Many thanks,
Nick

message 17: by Suleiman (last edited Oct 23, 2016 05:56AM) (new)

Suleiman Ocheni | 8 comments Hey Courtney,

I can see that you have a lot of requests, however, if you are interested I have an 82k word romantic mystery thriller I think would be a good fit for you. If you are interested feel free to send me your e-mail address. Thanks :)