2-3-4 Challenge discussion

Archives - Monthly Reading Plans > Mary Beth's Reading Plan October 2016

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary Beth (last edited Nov 01, 2016 02:19PM) (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments My list for Oct. Is going to consist of a lot of scary reads.
Rapture in Death
Murder on St. Mark's Place★★★★
A Grave Matter★★★★
A Study in Death★★★★
A Pressing Engagement★★★
Harvest Home dnf
Grave Peril (The Dresden Files, #3) by Jim Butcher ★★★★★
Speaks the Nightbird
The Magpies★★★★
The Truth Factory★★★
Community
A Suitable Vengeance★★★
Bloody Mary★★★★
Beyond Reach
The Pawn
Bury Your Dead
Red Light
Her Last Breath★★★★★
The Dead Will Tell★★∝★
When Maidens Mourn★★★★★
What Darkness Brings★★★★
The Tomb (Adversary Cycle, #2)★★★★★
A Hidden Secret★★★★
As Death Draws Near★★★★
After the Storm★★★★

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2416 comments That is an awesome list, Mary Beth!

message 3: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments Thanks Kris!

message 4: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments Thanks Stephanie!

message 5: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinmy) | 2243 comments Beyond Reach is a favorite of mine. Can't wait to hear what you think of it.

message 6: by Angela (new)

Angela | 749 comments Great list Mary Beth.

message 7: by Mary Beth (last edited Oct 02, 2016 08:25PM) (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments Robin wrote: "Beyond Reach is a favorite of mine. Can't wait to hear what you think of it."

Robin after reading Faithless I am really excited to plunge into Beyond Reach and I dont have to wait for it because I have the book.

Thanks Angela!

message 8: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 10631 comments Mod
Mary Beth, Beyond Reach is amazing. Be prepared to want to binge through the whole book in one sitting.

message 9: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2204 comments I like your scary theme for October. I think I will need to find a scary book for me at the end of the month.

message 10: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1631 comments Love your list, Mary Beth. You've got some really suspenseful books this month. Perfect for October!

message 11: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments Jonetta wrote: "Mary Beth, Beyond Reach is amazing. Be prepared to want to binge through the whole book in one sitting."

I cant wait to get to this one! I am goung to get three buddy reads out of the way, then I plan on binge reading it.

message 12: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments I love scary hooks Laura, when it has a mystery and thriller with it.

Thanks Veronica!

message 13: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2204 comments Mary wrote: "I love scary hooks Laura, when it has a mystery and thriller with it.

Thanks Veronica!"

A friend of mine told me that Salems Lot (Steven King) is the scariest book she's ever read (thrillers are all she reads) Have you read it? I tried it and couldn't get into it.

message 14: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinmy) | 2243 comments I read it many many many years ago. It was scary but I've read worse.

message 15: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments I read it many many years ago and I really dont remember it. I might have to pick it up again!

message 16: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 4125 comments Mod
Glad you are enjoying the Gaslight mysteries, Mary Beth. They are great fun.

message 17: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments I agree Lauren and I just finished A Grave Matter and loved it also. I also found out that I have all the audio books for Lady Darby so I decided to binge read these.

Thanks so much Lauren, because you recommended these series to me.

message 18: by Lauren (new)

Sure thing, Mary Beth. I love historical mysteries :0)

Have you read the Lady Julia series by Deanna Raybourn?

message 19: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments You just reminded me of that series. Thank you! I read the first book in June. I need to get to that series. I really liked the first book. I love historicsl mysteries also but would of never of thought thst I would love them. I just started reading them this year, since I read St. Sebastian Cyr. I love that serirs.

message 20: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments I finished The Truth Factory- Smoky Barrett #5 This book was my least favorite- 3.5 stars.

message 21: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments Naaaw! You are a wonderful buddy reader. I can understand on this one. I was really disapointed about it. We can still discuss. I just had to finish it because of curiousity, otherwise I would be still reading it.

message 22: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments Binge reading through the Lady Darby Series. I just finished A Study in Death

message 23: by Mary Beth (last edited Oct 10, 2016 07:56PM) (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments The series reminds me a lot like St. Sebastian Cyr! It is really good!

Just put The Truth Factory aside and if you want to read it you can if not dont. I had to pass in a BR last month where I didnt like the book and DNF it and had to cancel the BR Lol! We hate when we have to cancel a BR but we have to enjoy what we are reading. So I understand.

message 24: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments No Problem :) I totally understand.

message 25: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments I finished book #4.5 A Pressing Engagement in the Lady Darby Series. It was a novella but was too short. I did liked it so gave it 3 stars.

message 26: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments Finished A Suitable Vengeance and wasnt a favorite!

message 27: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments Harvest home was really slow for me so I DNFed it.

message 28: by Lauren (new)

Mary wrote: "I love historicsl mysteries also but would of never of thought thst I would love them. "

Its a subgenre that I've read in the past but only recently rediscovered and I'm hooked.

message 29: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments I am hooked also Lauren! I just finished When Maidens Mourn and when I finished I was going to give it 4.5 stars but when I read the authors note of true facts about the historical story I had to give it 5 stars.

message 30: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments I also finished Grave Peril Grave Peril (The Dresden Files, #3) by Jim Butcher and I was really surprised how much I loved it! I love this series. Another 5 star.

message 32: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments Finished The Dead Will Tell. I just loved this book and love this series.

message 33: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments Finished What Darkness Brings and really enjoyed it.

message 34: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments I finished The Tomb (Adversary Cycle, #2) and it was a fantastic surprise. It fit every genre and was just what I needed.