What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA/MG novel - dead protagonist tries to save his sister; maybe set in Victorian England

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lcooke (new)

Lcooke | 2 comments I think I read this book in 2011-2013 maybe. The setting is a manor house and surrounding estate - maybe Victorian England but maybe not. I think there's a map in the book showing the estate, and there are places where the main character can and cannot go. Main character is a boy - early-mid teens I think. He's killed very early in the book and then realizes his sister is in danger and tries to save her. I might be mixing up a couple of books here, but I think it really is all the same book. Seems like there are other fantastic characters involved - 2 sisters, one of whom is reluctant to help the main character but has some power or object he needs. At one point in the book, when the main character is trying to get into the manor house, the groundskeeper's dogs clearly know the main character is there but the groundskeeper does not. Possibly useless (and maybe inaccurate clue) - I think the cover of the hardback was blue. I'm pretty sure the author is male. Very sketchy details I know, but does any of that ring a bell with anyone?

Apologies in advance if this has already been identified. I searched the SOLVED list a bit but since I don't remember much to search on, I didn't turn up anything.

Thanks!

message 2: by Liz (new)

Liz | 6 comments Other than the fact you think the protagonist is a boy, it sounds a lot like Time Of The Ghost by Dianna Wynne Jones

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34454 comments Mod
The Time of the Ghost by Diana Wynne Jones - Liz's suggestion

message 4: by Lcooke (new)

Lcooke | 2 comments Thanks, but no, The Time of the Ghost isn't it.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38242 comments Mod
Lcooke, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Time of the Ghost (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Diana Wynne Jones (other topics)