Real Christian discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Devotionals > October 2016

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aerykah (new)

Aerykah | 3571 comments Mod
Wow. Is it really October already?! I wasn't ready for another new month-- it's too soon! -_-
Anyway... Happy October, y'all! I hope you're all having a lovely beginning of this new month! :)

Here's the thread for October Devotionals.And the current schedule.
Please correct me in a comment or message if I'm wrong. And please let me know if you're no longer able to participate, if you need to switch days... or if you wanna volunteer! ;)

- Sunday: Lee-Lette
- Monday: Andrea
- Tuesday: C. Read
- Wednesday: free
- Thursday: Urs
- Friday: free
- Saturday: Urs

And there are still several "free" days where anyone can share a devotion if they would like to. :)

message 2: by Ursula (new)

Ursula (heyurs) | 238 comments *originally posted at 12:28pm on September thread

Hurt ~*~ Saturday's Devotion

How many times have we prayed, "Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done...?" We all want to do His will. But what do you do when God's will hurts? What do you do when you have to make choices that hurt? And have to continue actively making those decisions? And keep hurting?

I look to Jesus as a model. “In Gethsemane, the holiest of all petitioners prayed three times that a certain cup might pass from Him. It did not." (C.S. Lewis). Despite the pain, He still prayed, "Yet not as I will, but You will."  (Matthew 26:39).

That means aligning our wills with God's will, not trying to change His will to fit ours. Even if it hurts. Because at the end of the day, His way is higher than our ways, and His thoughts higher than our thoughts.  Isaiah 55:8-9.

Elisabeth Elliot has a helpful metaphor about all this --->"Think of the self that God has given as an acorn. It is a marvelous little thing, a perfect shape, perfectly designed for its purpose, perfectly functional. Think of the grand glory of an oak tree. God’s intention when He made the acorn was the oak tree. His intention for us is ‘… the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ.’ Many deaths must go into our reaching that measure, many letting-goes. When you look at the oak tree, you don’t feel that the loss’ of the acorn is a very great loss. The more you perceive God’s purpose in your life, the less terrible the losses seem."

Let's stand firm in our God! Let's be that oak tree!  ♥︎

message 3: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 305 comments Devotional 4 October 2016 / 2 Tishrei 5777 / Rosh Hashanah (2nd Day)

Are You Sleeping?

Romans 13:11-14 “And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.

Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.

But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.”

I am reminded of what Urs wrote in her 29 September 2016 devotional:
“The flesh, that old nature, takes the things of God and perverts and twists them and tries to get us to fulfill a legitimate desire in an illegitimate way.

How will we avoid the flesh taking over? Look at the verse: ‘This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh’ - Galatians 5:16 When you are submitting moment by moment to the Holy Spirit, the flesh will not be in the driver’s seat.”

Please prayerfully consider this passage:
1 John 2:15-17 “Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.”

People have gotten off the intended path because their faith is in the word of men, rather than the Word of God; and they are conformed to this world, rather than the will of God. Sin is the doorway into the darkness, and if you walk in sin (the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and pride) long enough, without repentance, it will lead to a place you really don’t want to be.

False teachers and preachers who claim to be of Christ, are abounding, just as God said it would be like in the final days, and only those who have “eyes to see” and “ears to hear” will understand the truth. Just remember, good and evil are from the same tree, but godliness only comes from the Tree of Life!

God is looking for a holy people that is set apart by Him and for Him, but if we turn a blind eye to sin, or willingly participate in it, we are subject to error and deception; and those who reject Christ and His truth will never be the people that God desires for them to be. And I must say, Woe, woe be unto those who call themselves “Christian,” yet do not follow Christ!

God truly loves His creation, and Jesus Christ, His beloved son, proved it at the cross! And if we are to be pleasing to God, the people of His church must be submitted to the Lord God and His word in all things.
Ephesians 5:26-27 “That He might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, that He might present it to Himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.”

I came across the following letter that I would like to share, and even though it was written over twenty years ago, it is still very relevant for today, and even more so considering the state of the church.
May 19, 1994

To The Editor,

I just couldn’t stop thinking about the man who had lost his three children because he had fallen asleep. I can almost imagine the horror he must have experienced when he found their lifeless little bodies in that old refrigerator. It must have been his darkest hour!

My heart goes out to him and his family and I just pray that they will turn all this over to the Lord, if they haven’t already. The unbearable shame, guilt, anger, and resentment will just destroy their lives completely if it’s allowed to continue.

It may be extremely hard to understand how God could even possibly use this tragic situation and turn it around for His good and the good others, but He can and He will if we would only look at it from His perspective.

As I read the front-page article…describing what happened, the Lord brought to my attention that the condition of most fathers in this country is that they are spiritually asleep, thus they are unable to see the imminent danger their children are in.

If they don’t wake up while there’s still time they will ultimately be responsible for the eternal death of their families; and if they find themselves and their children in outer Darkness separated from God forever, there will be no turning back then.

My hope and prayer is that the pain and sorrow of this family can be eased if they know their situation has sounded an alarm to all of us for the need to humbly submit our whole heart, soul, and body to Almighty God and His Word before it’s too late.

It’s so important for the men and fathers of this country to stand up and be the spiritual leaders that God has ordained that they must be! Should they refuse, they will be held accountable for that decision! And in so doing they will ultimately help contribute to the demise of the United States of America as a Nation that stands for Truth, Justice, and Freedom for All.

Sincerely,
A servant of the Most High God,
C. Read

I greatly desire to direct "lost souls," and those who have veered off the path, to Christ, while He still may be found. I truly love God and His people, and I will continue to keep “Real Christian” members, and visitors, in my prayers!

With the love of Christ,
C. Read
John 12:35-36 “Then Jesus said unto them, Yet a little while is the Light with you. Walk while ye have the Light, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth.

While ye have Light, believe in the Light, that ye may be the children of Light. These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide Himself from them.”

message 4: by Ursula (new)

Ursula (heyurs) | 238 comments  
The Basis for Discernment ~*~ Thursday's Devotion

Hebrews 4:12-13

Since spiritual discernment is the ability to see life from God's perspective, it requires that we know how He thinks and acts. The Bible is His unchanging, infallible revelation of Himself. However, the Lord doesn't simply give us a list of facts about His character and ways. All throughout the pages of Scripture, He illustrates who He is and how He operates.

Although the Bible is ancient, it's not a dead book. It's alive and as fresh as if He were speaking directly to you. The stories may have taken place centuries ago, but the principles and applications are current and relevant. It's our instruction book about how to live. Guidance for decisions and discernment about situations are found from Genesis to Revelation.

God's Word is active and piercing. The words don't simply sit on the page. They penetrate our hearts and judge our thoughts and motives. This convicting quality is why some people don't like to read the Bible. But self-discernment is essential if we don't want to keep making the same mistakes over and over again. Some Christians live on a surface level, never understanding why they react to situations the way they do. But if we'll approach the Word of God with an open spirit, it will bring to light our hidden motives and reveal unrecognized sins.

Spiritual discernment involves seeing not just our circumstances but also ourselves from God's perspective. Have you learned to embrace the piercing sword of Scripture, or have you avoided doing so because it makes you uncomfortable? Remember, God's Word cuts only so that it can heal.

photo 24303085-2993-45d6-87b3-5eb83d6fdd08_zpsziesqlla.jpg

I hope you all will have a wonderful Thursday, and will ponder on how super blessed we all are that we have God's Word to sustain us. To keep us. To help us. To guide us to Him. Amen!  :D  ♥

message 5: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 305 comments Urs wrote: " 

Since spiritual discernment is the ability to see life from God's perspective, it requires that we know how He thinks and acts...."

What a wonderful message! I hope you have a wonderful Thursday too!

C. Read

message 6: by Ursula (last edited Oct 10, 2016 07:57PM) (new)

Hello, Folks! I want to apologize for no devotion yesterday. My power was in and out with hurricane Matthew, but we are so blessed with that. Lots of rain and high winds for three days, but an amazingly beautiful, cool, Fall day today. Thank You, Lord! :D

Saturday's Devotion On Sunday

I'm a people pleaser. I love saying yes, helping people out, and making people happy, even if it ends up being at my expense. But this has gotten me in a lot of trouble. What I've come to realize is that there is no middle ground. No matter what it is, if it's God's will, I'm to say yes. If it's not His will, I'm to say no, no matter how difficult it may be. No matter how rude it may seem. No matter how illogical it is. No matter what people may say. Sometimes you just have to say no.

Nehemiah knew how to do this. When he was rebuilding the wall, he faced a lot of opposition. Sanballat and his gang tried to trick, cajole, criticize, lie, make fun... basically anything they could do to make Nehemiah stop rebuilding. But Nehemiah knew better than that. When Sanballat tried to play nice and asked Nehemiah to come down and at least have a conversation, Nehemiah refused to even come down off the wall. He told them:

So I sent messengers to them, saying, “I am doing a great work, so that I cannot come down. Why should the work cease while I leave it and go down to you?”  Nehemiah 6:3.

Nehemiah knew he was doing something important. A great project. God's will. So he had no problem saying no. Don't you wish you were more like that?

Is there someone or something you need, or might need, to say no to? Have you checked to see if it's God's will for you?

Blessings to you folks for a wonderful next week!

message 7: by Ursula (new)

Ursula (heyurs) | 238 comments C. wrote: "Urs wrote: " 

Since spiritual discernment is the ability to see life from God's perspective, it requires that we know how He thin..."

Well, thank you, Lovey! :D I'm glad it spoke to someone. I did have a good Thursday, and feel very blessed that today is beautiful and full of God's splendor!

I pray you will have a wonderful next week! *hugs*

message 8: by Ursula (new)

Ursula (heyurs) | 238 comments C. wrote: "Devotional 4 October 2016 / 2 Tishrei 5777 / Rosh Hashanah (2nd Day)

Are You Sleeping?
Romans 13:11-14 “And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our s..."

This is absolutely awesome. Forgive me for getting to it so late, but it may just be right on time. I love that you share that what others of us have written, has inspired you to say and share what you do. :) I think it is very important that mentioned the false teachers/teachings. Gosh, that is SO scary to me! When I speak about it to friends, it doesn't always sit well with them, especially when I call out some of the well known charismatic, amazingly convincing "falsers" that are out there. That is why I try to be oh, so careful with what I share and say in any community such as this one. There are so many young Christians that can easily be swayed with one wrong instance.

Oops! Got off on a tangent! x) Thank you, C! I appreciate your efforts around here! ♥

message 9: by Karis (new)

Karis | 739 comments Urs wrote: " 
Hello, Folks! I want to apologize for no devotion yesterday. My power was in and out with hurricane Matthew, but we are so blessed with that. Lots of rain and high winds for three days, but an am..."

I love this devotions, Urs! I studied Nehemiah not to long ago and I'm always struck at his steadfast obedience to God. I am grateful at tour openness at sharing how hard it has been in your own life. This is something that's so hard for so many including myself. We are have "Sanballats" in our life that try to distract us from doing what we know is the right thing to do.

message 10: by Aerykah (new)

Y'all's devotions never cease to amaze me! So appropriate and spot-on. I always enjoy reading them. Keep up the great work, ladies!! :)

message 11: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 305 comments 11 October 2016 / 10 Tishrei 5777 / Holy Day of Atonement

In light of the recent “storms,” for the devotional, I would like to share my poem that I hope will bless the visitors of the “Real Christian” community.

The Storms of this Life
Hurricane Katrina 29 August 2005

My youngest son had just turned three
a month before the storm hit.

My little Justus was trying to be so brave
when his sister took a picture of him
while he stood beside me
in the doorway of our home on that day.

His eyes and face were red from crying,
and he was holding his lips real tight
to keep from getting upset in front of the camera.

He, along with his six-year-old brother,
was absolutely terrified when the trees started falling
all around us during the worst part of the storm.

My little boys became visibly upset
when an over one hundred foot pine tree
fell across our driveway and blocked us in.

They were begging me to call someone for help, and I did,
but the lady at city hall said there was nothing they could do,
and that we just needed to ride out the storm.

When another pine tree went through the roof
and water started pouring into the kitchen and a bedroom,
all seven of my children became quite distressed.

It was then that I realized we could actually die in this storm,
but I also had full confidence that only if it was God's will.

I can honestly say that absolute fear was not with me
on that horribly devastating day,
but a great love and concern for my dear children.

My response to the terror of the storm
was to humbly call upon the Lord,
and His peace was noticeably with us.
I thank God He heard my most earnest plea!

My husband was not able to be with us due to the war,
but soon before he was to arrive home,
my oldest daughter asked my little Justus,
"Are you going to tell daddy
that you were a big boy during the storm?"

He hung his little head and looked to the ground,
and a few moments later,
with an ashamed look on his face,
he looked up and said,
"No, I was little."

That profound statement, from the mouth of my baby,
reminded me just how small we really are
in the sight of God!

We all need the Lord God in our lives,
and He is the only One who can truly help us
in the midst of the Storms of this Life!

God will use trials and tribulations
to show us how we desperately need Him,
and I hope you won't reject Him when He calls!

For those who have turned to God,
and away from sin,
His love will forever live in those
who worship only Him!

The devil wants to lead you into sin,
and fill your heart with hate,
so he can separate you from God,
and those who love Him too.

Satan is the one who wants you dead,
so he can destroy your soul in Hell!
I Am pleading, don't give into his lies and deceit!

Jesus Christ is truly the only way to Heaven,
and He gave His life so we could live
with Him, world without end!
Amen!

In remembrance and
in honor of this Holy Day of Atonement
May Your Name be Inscribed
in the Book of Life!

message 12: by Ursula (new)

Ursula (heyurs) | 238 comments Aerykah wrote: "Y'all's devotions never cease to amaze me! So appropriate and spot-on. I always enjoy reading them. Keep up the great work, ladies!! :)"

Well, thank you, Love! :) I have thrown a few personal ones in there, lately. I appreciate your encouragement, and I am happy that you gather from what I have to share. ♥

message 13: by Ursula (new)

Ursula (heyurs) | 238 comments C. wrote: "11 October 2016 / 10 Tishrei 5777 / Holy Day of Atonement

In light of the recent “storms,” for the devotional, I would like to share my poem that I hope will bless the visitors of the “Real Chris..."

AMEN! :D

This is so wonderful, C! This touched me this morning like a big, "in your face," touch. I love when I recognize when God uses what He may with teaching me something, telling me something, or getting my attention with something. I am reminded how many storms that the Lord has brought me through, and very little I am, and how so very much I need Him every day. All day long! ♥

photo 4213237_zpsquiwewqu.png

Thank you for this awesome devotion! Blessed Wednesday! :)

message 14: by Ursula (new)

Ursula (heyurs) | 238 comments Karis wrote: "Urs wrote: " 
Hello, Folks! I want to apologize for no devotion yesterday. My power was in and out with hurricane Matthew, but we are so blessed with that. Lots of rain and high winds for three day..."

Well, good! I'm glad! You never know how something is going to come at you, and I have quite a few "Sanballats" at work, so I have to really keep my focus, so that I don't let Satan get a foothold. I appreciate this wonderful encouragement--blessed Wednesday! :D

message 15: by Ursula (last edited Oct 15, 2016 04:44PM) (new)

OHMYGOODNESS, It's Friday! YAY!  :D  But I Let Thursday Slip By Me!  :O!  Oops!

Thursday's Devotion On Friday ~*~ The Voice of Conscience from Within

Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.  Psalm 51:10

After David had sinned and done the terrible thing that he had done by committing adultery, he said in Psalm 51:3, For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.  Can you imagine what it would be like for your sin to “ever” be before you? The deed would reverberate through your consciousness unendingly.  You see, the conscience is an inner judge that God puts in you that accuses or excuses you.  It cannot make you do right, but it shows you what is right or what is wrong.  And when your conscience is right, you have tremendous freedom.  A good conscience will do something for you that a sleeping pill could never do.

What is your conscience “telling” you today?  Are you right with God?

Blessings for a rest of your wonderful Friday!  :)

message 16: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 305 comments Urs wrote: "This is so wonderful, C! This touched me this morning like a big, "in your face," touch. I love when I recognize when God uses what He may with teaching me something, telling me something, or getting my attention with something. I am reminded how many storms that the Lord has brought me through, and very little I am, and how so very much I need Him every day. All day long! ♥ ..."

I am so thankful my poem, "The Storms of this Life," was a blessing to you! God bless and keep you and the folks here in the Real Christian community!

message 17: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 305 comments Aerykah wrote: "Y'all's devotions never cease to amaze me! So appropriate and spot-on. I always enjoy reading them. Keep up the great work, ladies!! :)"

Thank you honey! God bless you!

message 18: by Ursula (new)

Reading The Bible ~*~ Saturday's Devotion

How often do you read the Bible? Every day? Every morning? Every week? Do you read it out of obligation? I have to confess that sometimes I do find myself reading just to get that day's portion checked off my list. But then there are days where the Word moves me, teaches me, even to the point of tears. It's an amazing thing to experience and is possible...

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.  Hebrews 4:12.

When you read the Bible, if it doesn't move you, if it doesn't push you, doesn't make you cry, laugh, or feel, you're reading it wrong. The Word is alive and if you let it, it will move you. So whenever I find myself just breezing through the chapter or just glancing over a verse, I make myself stop, go back, and spend the extra few minutes to concentrate and meditate on it.

Are you being moved? If not, why not take a moment today and let the Word move you?

Blessings to all of you wonderful folks!  ♥

message 19: by Lee (new)

Lee (lee-lette) | 871 comments Before I begin, i'd like to apologize for my prolonged absence. Hopefully, i'll be able be more active now. The topic i'm writing on, this Sunday evening is "Turn up the Voltage"

At the annual Youth Crusade at my church held last month, one of the preachers said something that really made me think. He said as Christians, it's not that we're weak why so much bad is happening around us. It's because we need to turn up the voltage. For example, a house is wired with 120 volts, therefore appliances of higher voltages cannot be used in that house. Like us, if we are running on low voltages, the Holy Spirit, which of a higher voltage cannot operate in us.

The Lord wants to use us but if we refuse to worship Him, thus elevating ourselves He won't have anything to work with. We must avail ourselves to Him no matter the circumstance, no matter our situations. No matter what our friends will say, no matter what people will think. We must strive for righteousness. Of course we are gonna make mistakes, but we have Jesus to guide us. Let us not be like the five foolish virgins, let us be wise, ready and waiting.

Not sure if this is the right one but,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWyuf...
Just a reminder that "He walks with us and He talks with us. He tells us, we are His own . . "

Have a good evening everyone.

message 20: by Karis (new)

Karis | 739 comments Thanks both of you, Lee-lette and Urs, for sharing. Both of your devotions tied in well together. I've really been convicted lately on making God the #1 priority of my life. It really morphed into a big battle that I constantly fought until finally I gave it over to God. I've heard of worship as been defined as being preoccupied with God.

That's how we need to worship, with our desires, thoughts, and goals revolving around His perfect will. Then it will truly be said that God talks to us, walks with us, etc. I love that song, bty, Lee. We sing sometimes at church :)

message 21: by Aerykah (new)

@Urs & Lee--

Wow, talk about two convicting devotions! Though I hate to admit it, I haven't been reading my Bible like I should be... and that, in turn, means I haven't been "running on high enough voltage" for the Holy Spirit to be using me as He otherwise could.
Thanks ladies. The conviction hurts, but it's definitely needed & I appreciate y'all sharing what you did. :)

message 22: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 305 comments Tuesday Devotional / 18 October 2016 / 17 Tishrei 5777 / Sukkot

As I was contemplating what to write about for the devotional this week, I came across a newsletter I had written exactly twenty years ago today, albeit according to the Hebrew calendar. Please prayerfully consider this message that I wrote many yesterday’s ago, but is still extremely relevant today.

The Peaceful Eradication of Mankind
30 September 1996 / 17 Tishrei 5757 / Article IV

I believe this nation is headed for the darkest days in the history of these United States of America. There are many reasons why I know this to be true, but last week it became very clear to me that Almighty God has handed this nation over to the Devil. On 26 September 1996, the political leadership in this country ruled that it is perfectly legal, in their view, to brutally murder a defenseless little baby…

[On 26 September 1996, the US Senate failed in their attempt to override the President’s veto of the “Partial Birth Abortion Ban of 1995,” which the US House of Representatives was successful in overriding. Worth noting, seven years later, the law to ban this type of abortion was enacted in 2003, and in 2007 its constitutionality was upheld by the U.S. Supreme Court; however, other very gruesome abortion procedures are still legally sanctioned.]

It is so hard for me to comprehend how the US Government can sanction and condone the horrible killing of the most innocent among us. This particular procedure whereby a healthy full term baby is pulled from the mother's womb by its feet, and just before the head is delivered a pair of scissors is thrust into the back of its head, and then a suction tube is inserted so as to remove its brains in order for this child to be delivered dead, all in the name of freedom of choice, is an ABOMINATION BEFORE THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY!!!

This so called abortion procedure is undeniably one of the most despicable forms of murder; and I cannot imagine that any reasonable person could agree with killing an infant in such a manner. Actually there is really no excuse or justification for killing a baby regardless of what stage of development they are at.

This evil is condoned by a nation that stands for freedom and justice for all! And the Devil has taken such great pleasure in the fact that we as a nation and a people have believed these horrible lies. If you are someone who has had an abortion; or maybe you are the parent or the husband that insisted on it; or you could even be the sister, brother, or friend who helped or encouraged a woman to go through with it—no matter what category you may fall into, we all have, in some way, been affected by the evil agenda of Satan. And I Am convinced that the Devil’s goal at this Time is the peaceful eradication of mankind…

My heart truly goes out to those who are in such a desperate situation where they feel their only recourse is to have their babies killed; but after all that has been revealed about abortion, and especially this horrendous “partial birth” procedure, if you are one that continues in this abdominal sin then you will have no excuse when you stand before Almighty God!

It is such a Time as this that people need to seriously considered where they are going to spend eternity? With the “Creator” of life, or the “Destroyer” of life? With the Holy One or the Wicked One? In Heaven or in Hell? If you haven’t already, you really need to think about it!

I might not personally know you, but I am truly concerned about where you may go when you die; otherwise, I would just remain silent and do nothing. Additionally, those who refuse to be personally involved in the issues of life are also responsible for the deaths, and even though they are convinced that it doesn't affect them, that won't always be.

When the wrath of Almighty God comes down upon this earth there will be no hiding from the Truth then. This Nation, along with all nations, will be held accountable as to what we have done with the commands of Almighty God, and what we do with His son Jesus Christ.

My earnest hope is that those who are in leadership positions will endeavor to right the terrible wrong that took place on one of the Darkest Day in this land. For on that day of 26 September it appeared that the moon and stars were no longer shining due to the earth's shadow, but at the end of this great sign in the sky a full moon emerged shining brightly.

[On the evening of 26 September 1996 / 14 Tishrei 5757 a total lunar eclipse took place just before the Feast of Tabernacles. (See Zechariah 14 to know the importance that God places on this season.)]

In like manner, this world has been so darkened by the wickedness of sin, and at times, it may seem as if there is no Light, only Darkness; but one great Day the LORD will destroy all sin and iniquity with the brightness of His coming. Praise God!

Satan has many methods in which he goes about to accomplish his evil agenda of death and destruction, and it appears that he is winning in this battle for the soul of America and the world; but those who follow Christ must not give in or give up!

This country was founded upon the Word of God and the LORD Jesus Christ, and it would be so easy for God's people to just quit; but I hope you won't! My prayer is that God will give us all a measure of grace to continue in our stand for Truth, Justice, and Freedom for all; especially for those innocent ones who do not yet have a voice to speak out, or should I say cry out!

In closing, I hope you will prayerfully consider this passage:

2 Thessalonians 2:1-17 “Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto Him,

That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of His mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of His coming:

Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Whereunto He called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace,

Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work.”
Amen!

May God abundantly bless and keep you all at the Real Christian community who truly love the Lord God!

With the love of Christ,
C. Read

message 23: by Ursula (new)

Ursula (heyurs) | 238 comments Karis wrote: "Thanks both of you, Lee-lette and Urs, for sharing. Both of your devotions tied in well together. I've really been convicted lately on making God the #1 priority of my life. It really morphed into ..."

This is awesome, Sweetie! I'm glad it touched you in a way to help encourage you with growth. I appreciate you taking the time to let me know this! :)

*hugs*

message 24: by Ursula (new)

Ursula (heyurs) | 238 comments Aerykah wrote: "@Urs & Lee--

Wow, talk about two convicting devotions! Though I hate to admit it, I haven't been reading my Bible like I should be... and that, in turn, means I haven't been "running on high enou..."

How awesome is it that you read them and it made you realize? Not everyone will admit to that! I'm a little glad it hurt, because that means you recognize where you need to work harder! I appreciate you letting me know this! Prayers for you! ♥

message 25: by Ursula (new)

Ursula (heyurs) | 238 comments Lee wrote: "Before I begin, i'd like to apologize for my prolonged absence. Hopefully, i'll be able be more active now. The topic i'm writing on, this Sunday evening is "Turn up the Voltage"

At the annual You..."

It seems as if our great minds were thinking alike! *g* This is a great, convicting devotion, and I appreciate you! It's been a while, but you know what? It was SO right on time for several of us! :D

*lovehugs*

message 26: by Ursula (new)

What Time Is It? Is It God's Time? ~*~ Thursday's Devotion

God has His timing for everything. Even Jesus couldn't do anything He wanted when He wanted because He had to abide by His Father's timing. For example, when Jesus was starting His ministry, His brothers suggested He go to the Feast of Tabernacles, but Jesus turned them down saying, Then Jesus said to them, “My time has not yet come, but your time is always ready. The world cannot hate you, but it hates Me because I testify of it that its works are evil."  (John 7:6-7)

As Christians, we must abide by the Father's timeline. If we were of this world, any time would be the right time to anything. But we have the privilege of calling God our Father, and thus, we need to honor Him by keeping to his timeline. That means doing something right away when He tells us to do it. Or not doing something when He tells us not yet. Or just waiting until whenever He says. It's not always the easiest thing to do, but He's glorified even through our act of waiting.

Are you waiting for something? Take a deep breath and wait some more.  :)

**Hope you folks are having a Thankful Thursday!  ♥

message 27: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 305 comments Hi Urs,

As I was reading your devotional today I am reminded of this wonderful passage from a great prophet of God.

Isaiah 40:25-31 "To whom then will ye liken Me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One.

Lift up your eyes on high, and behold who hath created these things, that bringeth out their host by number: He calleth them all by names by the greatness of His might, for that He is strong in power; not one faileth.

Why sayest thou, O Jacob, and speakest, O Israel, My way is hid from the LORD, and my judgment is passed over from my God?

Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of His understanding.

He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might He increaseth strength.

Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."
Amen!

May the grace of Almighty God be with you all at "Real Christian" community!

With the love of Christ,
C. Read

message 28: by Ursula (new)

Ursula (heyurs) | 238 comments C. wrote: "Hi Urs,

As I was reading your devotional today I am reminded of this wonderful passage from a great prophet of God.

Isaiah 40:25-31 "To whom then will ye liken Me, or shall I be equal? saith the ..."

Great Scripture! Thank you for sharing this and reminding us.

message 29: by Ursula (last edited Oct 21, 2016 05:15PM) (new)

Ursula (heyurs) | 238 comments C. wrote: "Tuesday Devotional / 18 October 2016 / 17 Tishrei 5777 / Sukkot

As I was contemplating what to write about for the devotional this week, I came across a newsletter I had written exactly twenty ye..."

This is good. And deep. I shared it with another friend--she was very touched by it.

Thank you for sharing this wonderful devotion. :)

message 30: by Ursula (new)

What Role Are You Playing ~*~ Saturday's Devotion

If there was one person in history who knew without a doubt that Jesus was the Messiah, I think it would be Mary, mother of Jesus. She experienced His birth with her own body, watched Him as He grew, and watched His ministry every step of the way. But if we look in Luke 2:19, we see that Mary "treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart." She didn't take it upon herself to go tell everyone that the Messiah had come. She didn't try to become one of the apostles. She didn't even try to defend Him when the Pharisees put Him on a false trial; she stood by and watched - she treasured up all these things in her heart.

Why? Why didn't she go spread the word about Jesus? Why wasn't she shouting the Good News from the rooftops?

Because it wasn't her job to do so. God had called her to be a mother, not a preacher. Her role was to make sure that Jesus grew in both wisdom and stature, not to make sure the world knew who He was.

What role has God called you to do? Are you fulfilling that role? Or are you too busy feeling guilty about other things you feel like maybe you ought to do, but really don't need to be doing?

**I hope everyone is having a wonderful Saturday. Blessings to you all!  ♥

message 31: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 305 comments Urs wrote: "C. wrote: "Tuesday Devotional / 18 October 2016 / 17 Tishrei 5777 / Sukkot

Thank you for sharing this wonderful devotion. :)

Your welcome honey! God bless you and your loved ones!

message 32: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 305 comments Urs wrote: " 
What Role Are You Playing ~*~ Saturday's Devotion

If there was one person in history who knew without a doubt that Jesus was the Messiah, I think it would be Mary, mother of Jesus. She experienced..."

A very interesting perspective! :)

message 33: by Lee (last edited Oct 27, 2016 05:14PM) (new)

Lee (lee-lette) | 871 comments Hey guys and gals! I apologize for missing my devotion. Since no one has posted yet, i'll share a little.

I may not have been on this earth for too long but one thing I've learned is, no matter what, be grateful. No matter whatever situation you're faced with, whatever you're struggling with God is with us. And, if some of us even heard half of what some people go through we'd be so much more grateful to God for all He's done.

This is not to say we're better than anybody else, or holier than anybody else. It's not anything we've done. Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

The other week, I had a free session at school -and I was sitting in the art room where there's a christian teacher who offers her advice and facilitates our lunch time bible study's (unfortunately they've been put on a pause)- and a student came to the teacher for some advice. Listening to that girl's story, I was overwhelmed by how much God has done for me and came to the realization that many things I take for granted others would be glad to experience. Since then this song has been on my lips https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfyIz...

Friends, let us look into our lives and just send up all the well deserved praises and honor to our Mighty and Gracious God.
I hope you all have or are having a good week :)

message 34: by Ursula (new)

Ursula (heyurs) | 238 comments Lee wrote: "Hey guys and gals! I apologize for missing my devotion. Since no one has posted yet, i'll share a little.

I may not have been on this earth for too long but one thing I've learned is, no matter wh..."

Thank you, Lovey, for posting this on Thursday for me! :) I got busy at work, and then didn't get home til late, and before I knew it, it was Friday morning. Goodness! :O

*hugs you*

message 35: by Ursula (new)

Spiritually Shortsighted ~*~ Saturday's Devotion

Luke 16:19-31

In Luke 16, Jesus told a story about a rich man who lived for himself and ignored God. After death, he experienced the consequences of his choices--eternal separation from the Lord.

Jesus described him as one who lived in luxury every day (v. 19), providing for himself the best that money could buy but giving little to the poor at his gate. It is important to realize that this man wasn’t judged harshly by God because of his wealth. The heavenly Father is not opposed to our success. Nor was the man separated from the Lord because of his lack of charity toward others. He did not deliberately harm others but, rather, overlooked those in need and focused on himself.

The rich man’s mistake was that he prepared everything for the body but nothing for the soul. Our culture practices a similar style of living. Acquiring material riches and satisfying self is the primary pursuit of many in our world. Having what one wants seems to be the goal whether it’s a struggle to make ends meet or the bank account is overflowing.

Scripture says we were created to be in a relationship with the Father through faith in His Son. The rich man ignored God and paid the ultimate price. Our eternal destiny depends on our decision about Christ.

Despite what our culture thinks, life is not about us. It’s about having a relationship with the Lord. Whoever accepts Christ’s gift of salvation will live eternally with Him in heaven. Those who reject God will suffer. If you know any spiritually shortsighted people, pray that they will trust in Jesus.

*Goodness, I really like this for us today. I hope it helps and encourages us greatly! Have a great upcoming week!  ♥

Used with permission from In Touch Ministries, Inc. (c) 2016 All Rights Reserved.

message 36: by Aerykah (new)

Hey, everyone! I just wanted to pop in right quick & let y'all know that the new Devotionals thread for November is now up! :)
Here's a link-- https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 37: by Ursula (new)

Ursula (heyurs) | 238 comments Aerykah wrote: "Hey, everyone! I just wanted to pop in right quick & let y'all know that the new Devotionals thread for November is now up! :)
Here's a link-- https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/......"

Thank you, Lovey! :D

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.