Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Archive (general & ongoing) > 2016-October/November/December- What Are You Reading?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 51 (51 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11051 comments Fall is here!

Tell us what new books you are reading! Any gems? Not so great reads?
This is the place to share what you've been able to check off your tbr :)

message 2: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11051 comments I am reading Beneath the Beauty for the October PIFM Challenge :)

message 3: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 20254 comments I started Angel's Devil for the FAC.

message 4: by Amie (new)

Amie (alm0824) | 260 comments I'm finally reading Slave to Sensation Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling, #1) by Nalini Singh by Nalini Singh and loving it! I don't know why I kept putting this one off.

message 5: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 279 comments I'm reading these at the moment:
How to Betray a Dragon's Hero (How to Train Your Dragon, #11) by Cressida Cowell Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) by Marissa Meyer The Railway Children by E. Nesbit Fairy Tail Ending (Ever After High A School Story #6) by Suzanne Selfors

message 6: by Mojca (new)

Mojca | 1413 comments I'm on book two of The Renegade Royals series by Vanessa Kelly.
Loving the series so far.

message 7: by Kath (last edited Oct 06, 2016 08:09AM) (new)

Kath Carter | 11 comments Recently finished Childish Games, absolutely loved it. now I'm currently on Rule. Lets see if i enjoy this series

message 8: by Anna (new)

Anna | 2 comments I just read The Lucky Hat Mine by J V L Bell. It is a great book, it made me write the first ever review in my life! I hope you find it helpful.

message 9: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3562 comments

Finished
The Aeronaut's Windlass (The Cinder Spires, #1) by Jim Butcher Hearts in Darkness (Hearts in Darkness, #1) by Laura Kaye Ready, Scrap, Shoot (Kiki Lowenstein Scrap-n-Craft Mystery, #6) by Joanna Campbell Slan Mister X (Frank Quinn, #5) by John Lutz Bear Meets Girl (Pride, #7) by Shelly Laurenston 14th Deadly Sin (Women’s Murder Club, #14) by James Patterson Captive Spirit (The Dark Crescent Sisterhood, #4) by Anna Windsor What a Ghoul Wants (Ghost Hunter Mystery, #7) by Victoria Laurie A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, #5) by George R.R. Martin The Sleeping Beauty (Five Hundred Kingdoms, #5) by Mercedes Lackey Fighting to Forget (Fighting, #3) by J.B. Salsbury The Art of Duke Hunting (Royal Entourage, #2) by Sophia Nash

Currently Reading The Twelfth Card (Lincoln Rhyme, #6) by Jeffery Deaver Ghost Story (The Dresden Files, #13) by Jim Butcher

message 10: by Katherine (last edited Nov 11, 2016 07:59AM) (new)

Katherine (katkattrinn) | 629 comments 2016 October:

Animal Farm by George Orwell Death's Rival (Jane Yellowrock, #5) by Faith Hunter The Plague by Albert Camus The Stranger by Albert Camus The Sexy One by Lauren Blakely Always on My Mind (Lucky Harbor, #8) by Jill Shalvis Beautiful (Beautiful Bastard, #5) by Christina Lauren Blood Trade (Jane Yellowrock, #6) by Faith Hunter Kindling the Moon (Arcadia Bell, #1) by Jenn Bennett

message 11: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11051 comments I finished One Hot Scot (Scandalous Highlanders, #0.5) by Suzanne Enoch , Wicked to Love (Wicked Lovers, #5.5) by Shayla Black , Shielding Lily by Alexa Riley

message 12: by Dalu (last edited Oct 15, 2016 02:31PM) (new)

Dalu  | 2 comments Hello everyone i just finished reading Match (Coronado Series Book 5) by Lea Hart i'd love if anyone could recommend me a steamy and funny romance novel, i want to laugh and be intrigued about the couple's love story :)

message 14: by Erin (new)

Erin H | 758 comments Finishing both Storm Born (Dark Swan #1) by Richelle Mead and Magic Study (Study, #2) by Maria V. Snyder and enjoying them both. Hoping to get to Night Film by Marisha Pessl !

message 15: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3562 comments Finished Ghost Story (The Dresden Files, #13) by Jim Butcher Thirty-Two and a Half Complications (Rose Gardner Mystery, #5) by Denise Grover Swank Rocked by Love (Gargoyles, #4) by Christine Warren Love in the Light (Hearts in Darkness, #2) by Laura Kaye The Devil Wears Kilts (Scandalous Highlanders, #1) by Suzanne Enoch Tall, Dark & Dead (Garnet Lacey, #1) by Tate Hallaway Edge of Midnight (Susan Wren, #7) by Charlene Weir Shadow on the Sun (Hell's Cross, #3) by David Macinnis Gill Chainsaw Jane by Marie-Jo Fortis Spell Bound (Women of the Otherworld, #12) by Kelley Armstrong

Currently Reading The Twelfth Card (Lincoln Rhyme, #6) by Jeffery Deaver Sentenced to Death (Booktown Mystery, #5) by Lorna Barrett Highland Master (Murray Family, #19) by Hannah Howell

message 16: by Irene (new)

Irene (raenne) | 47 comments I'm reading a lot at the moment...
These are all currently reading: Tangled (Tangled, #1) by Emma Chase Here I Am by Jonathan Safran Foer Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss, #2) by Stephanie Perkins Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris Ser du månen, Daniel by Puk Damsgård The Flirting Games (The Flirting, #1) by Stella Wilkinson

message 17: by PANDA (new)

PANDA  | 1 comments Iv became hooked to a particular set of books within romance.

Romance/paranormal/fantasy/adventure

Almost every book Iv read with this kind of set up has almost always been 4+ stars for me. Some worthy examples being :

•Angelfall series by Susan Ee
• Slumber (The Fade) by Samantha Young
• Touch of Power (Avery of Kazan) by Maria V Snyder
• Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
• Acid by Emma Pass (less romance)

All these books have a mix between romance and dystopian/fantasy.

Powerful heroines who grow as the story progresses, stronger even beyond the expectations that everyone had for them.

Heroines who even though may have moments of 'damsel in distress' they grow backbones and end up becoming just as much as a protector for the men in the books.

Each book has lots of adventure, which I like a lot !! Also very common medieval themes. Not in all though ! (Angelfall/Acid/Under the never sky)

A true, deeply ingrained love. One that blossoms through shared moments, witty banter and deep discussions.

For me, there's something so real about falling in love with a person whom you face life or death situations with.

Each one of these books made me laugh, cry and swoon. They had hilarious banter between the hero and heroine and most of all NO insta lust. In fact most of these books start on a slightly negative vibe for our heroes. It's fun to watch their relationships grow.

Fun, quirky and loveable secondary characters ( especially in touch of power !) so much so that you're just as much invested in them as you are in the main characters.

If anyone has any book suggestions for me that are similar to those I mentioned id be grateful. I can't seem to find any similar to my likes.

message 18: by Amber (new)

Amber | 715 comments For October I have read:

Waiting On You (Blue Heron, #3) by Kristan Higgins Playing with Fire by Tess Gerritsen Cappuccinos, Cupcakes, and a Corpse (Cape Bay Cafe Mystery, #1) by Harper Lin The Fall Guy by James Lasdun Ladies' Night by Mary Kay Andrews The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena

I am currently reading:
Meanwhile, Back in Deadwood (Deadwood #6) by Ann Charles and The Witches Salem, 1692 by Stacy Schiff

message 19: by JoRead (new)

JoRead | 4 comments I'm so jealous and embarrased that so many of you have read so many great books this months and I think I've read like 5 or 6 at tht most!!!

Anywho, I've read Axion Axion by Erin Kellison and Rock God Rock God (Hearts of Metal Book 3) by Brooklyn Ann

Currently reading The Earl
The Earl (Devil's Duke, #2) by Katharine Ashe

message 20: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3562 comments

Finished
Sentenced to Death (Booktown Mystery, #5) by Lorna Barrett Highland Master (Murray Family, #19) by Hannah Howell Stolen A Letter to My Captor by Lucy Christopher The Twelfth Card (Lincoln Rhyme, #6) by Jeffery Deaver Prince of Magic (Children of the Sun, #1) by Linda Winstead Jones Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1) by Jennifer Estep Quicksand (Eve Duncan, #8) by Iris Johansen Not Quite a Wife (Lost Lords, #6) by Mary Jo Putney Total Control by David Baldacci Anyone But You by Jennifer Crusie

Currently Reading Paper, Scissors, Death (Kiki Lowenstein Scrap-n-Craft Mystery, #1) by Joanna Campbell Slan

message 21: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3562 comments Finished Paper, Scissors, Death (Kiki Lowenstein Scrap-n-Craft Mystery, #1) by Joanna Campbell Slan Burn for Me (Hidden Legacy, #1) by Ilona Andrews The Hunter (The Legend Chronicles, #1) by Theresa Meyers

Currently Reading Insidious (FBI Thriller, #20) by Catherine Coulter The Ghoul Next Door (Ghost Hunter Mystery, #8) by Victoria Laurie

Domino (aka Meme) (bryghtstarr) | 409 comments finished Lawless and Bossman. really loved Bossman.
now on to Bad Judgment by Meghan March

message 23: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3562 comments Finished The Ghoul Next Door (Ghost Hunter Mystery, #8) by Victoria Laurie Floating Staircase by Ronald Malfi The Down Home Zombie Blues by Linnea Sinclair The Dreaming A Novel of Australia by Barbara Wood Town in a Lobster Stew (A Candy Holliday Mystery, #2) by B.B. Haywood Insidious (FBI Thriller, #20) by Catherine Coulter Wolf with Benefits (Pride, #8) by Shelly Laurenston The Lazarus Gate (The Apollonian Case Files #1) by Mark A. Latham

Currently Reading Hide Away (Eve Duncan, #20) by Iris Johansen Thirteen (Women of the Otherworld, #13) by Kelley Armstrong

message 24: by Katherine (last edited Dec 31, 2016 03:37PM) (new)

message 25: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3562 comments Finished Thirteen (Women of the Otherworld, #13) by Kelley Armstrong Crash (Crash, #1) by Nicole Williams Rogues by George R.R. Martin No Ghouls Allowed (Ghost Hunter Mystery, #9) by Victoria Laurie The Fire Kimono (Sano Ichiro, #13) by Laura Joh Rowland Hide Away (Eve Duncan, #20) by Iris Johansen The Kingdom of Gods (Inheritance, #3) by N.K. Jemisin Rogue with a Brogue (Scandalous Highlanders, #2) by Suzanne Enoch

Currently Reading Third Degree by Greg Iles Beauty and the Werewolf (Five Hundred Kingdoms, #6) by Mercedes Lackey

message 26: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3562 comments Finished Beauty and the Werewolf (Five Hundred Kingdoms, #6) by Mercedes Lackey Ultimate Weapon (McClouds & Friends, #6) by Shannon McKenna The Keeper of Lost Causes (Department Q, #1) by Jussi Adler-Olsen Sweet Revenge (Sin Brothers, #2) by Rebecca Zanetti Rainshadow Road (Friday Harbor, #2) by Lisa Kleypas Cold Days (The Dresden Files, #14) by Jim Butcher She'll Never Know by Hunter Morgan North Pole Reform School by Jaimie Admans Not Always a Saint (The Lost Lords, #7) by Mary Jo Putney

Currently Reading Third Degree by Greg Iles A Confidential Source by Jan Brogan

Domino (aka Meme) (bryghtstarr) | 409 comments just finished The Shadows (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #13) by J.R. Ward . good read

message 28: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3562 comments Finished A Confidential Source by Jan Brogan Captive Soul (The Dark Crescent Sisterhood, #5) by Anna Windsor One Snowy Knight (The Dragons of Challon, #3) by Deborah MacGillivray Third Degree by Greg Iles Deadly Lies (Deadly, #3) by Cynthia Eden The Fifth Season (The Broken Earth, #1) by N.K. Jemisin Die for You by Lisa Unger Mine (Real, #2) by Katy Evans

Currently Reading Maximum Ride Forever (Maximum Ride, #9) by James Patterson Mad, Bad, and Dangerous in Plaid (Scandalous Highlanders, #3) by Suzanne Enoch

message 29: by Melika (new)

Melika (Shannon42066) | 2 comments For October I have read Insurgent (Divergent, #2) by Veronica Roth
Currently Reading Allegiant (Divergent, #3) by Veronica Roth

message 30: by Chan (last edited Dec 03, 2016 12:06PM) (new)

Chan | 3483 comments My goodness. There are so many great suggestions I feel like I am in book heaven! BOOK UTOPIA!
I am currently reading Against the Cage (picked by the Meet and Greet Challenge) and I am loving it so far.
Against the Cage (Worth the Fight, #1) by Sidney Halston

Domino (aka Meme) (bryghtstarr) | 409 comments finished reading Sugar Rush (Sugar Bowl, #2) by Sawyer Bennett . i'm really loving this trilogy. it ended on a cliffhanger and now i have to wait for my library to get the last book =(
this Sawyer Bennett is great. i'm super glad i picked up her books.
now i'm on to Bound by Flames (Night Prince, #3) by Jeaniene Frost . not bad so far.

message 32: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11051 comments I just finished One Snowy Night (Heartbreaker Bay, #2.5) by Jill Shalvis for the Random List Challenge- very cute.

message 33: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3562 comments Finished Mad, Bad, and Dangerous in Plaid (Scandalous Highlanders, #3) by Suzanne Enoch Cold Cold Heart by Tami Hoag Maximum Ride Forever (Maximum Ride, #9) by James Patterson Night and Day (Eve Duncan, #21) by Iris Johansen Restless Heart (Heart, #2) by Emma Lang One Moonlit Night by Samantha James Skin Game (The Dresden Files, #15) by Jim Butcher

Currently Reading Apprentice in Death (In Death, #43) by J.D. Robb The Apple Orchard (Bella Vista Chronicles, #1) by Susan Wiggs Someone to Watch Over Me (Bow Street Runners, #1) by Lisa Kleypas

Domino (aka Meme) (bryghtstarr) | 409 comments i've finished Bound by Flames and Blurred Lines.
now on to Stuck-Up Suit by Vi Keeland . i read a Vi Keeland book about a month ago and loved it. hope this one is as good.

message 35: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3562 comments Finished Hangman (Special X, #8) by Michael Slade Wicked Witch Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #16) by Leslie Meier Captive Heart (The Dark Crescent Sisterhood, #6) by Anna Windsor Someone to Watch Over Me (Bow Street Runners, #1) by Lisa Kleypas Tutu Deadly (Jenny T. Partridge, #1) by Natalie M. Roberts Alien in the Family (Katherine "Kitty" Katt, #3) by Gini Koch The Witch Is Dead (Ophelia & Abby, #5) by Shirley Damsgaard Apprentice in Death (In Death, #43) by J.D. Robb

Currently Reading The Apple Orchard (Bella Vista Chronicles, #1) by Susan Wiggs Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2) by Leigh Bardugo

Domino (aka Meme) (bryghtstarr) | 409 comments i finished Stuck-Up Suit and i loved it!! didn't want it to end. i'm like a junky. i need another Vi keeland- Penelope Ward novel.
i don't generally like dual author books, but i've enjoyed their books immensely.
to keep my reading streak going i've rented Good Girl (Love Unexpectedly, #2) by Lauren Layne

message 37: by Erin (new)

Erin H | 758 comments I finished The Ghost (Highland Guard, #12) by Monica McCarty and I'm a little sad this series is over. Starting All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven !

message 38: by K (new)

K | 3 comments I've read heaps of books in the last few months.
October: Cross Stitch 5 stars; You Had Me at Christmas 5 stars; Hot Ticket 5 stars; Dirty Sexy Saint 3 stars; Wicked Beat 5 stars; Maizy The Bear Charmer 4 stars; Double Time 3 stars.

November: Returning for Valentine's 2 stars; Breaking Ties 4 stars; Bluestone Homecoming 4 stars; Written in the Scars 5 tearfilled stars; Last Play 3 stars; Capital Bride 2 stars; Caching In 5 stars; One Ride 5 stars

So far in December: Rosolio Red 5 stars & When Cassie Met Thad: Prequel to the One Day at a Wedding Series 3 stars.

Currently reading Crescent Hill, Dragonfly in Amber, Sinners at the Altar and Finding Sam

message 39: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3562 comments Finished
Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2) by Leigh Bardugo Normal by Graeme Cameron Bethany's Heart (Unearthly World #3) by C.L. Scholey The Earth Dragon (Dragon Bound, #4) by Tianna Xander The Fire Dragon (Dragon Bound, #3) by Tianna Xander The Ice Dragon (Dragon Bound, #2) by Tianna Xander The Water Dragon (Dragon Bound, #5) by Tianna Xander The Spirit Dragon (Dragon Bound, #6) by Tianna Xander The Apple Orchard (Bella Vista Chronicles, #1) by Susan Wiggs Web of Lies (Elemental Assassin, #2) by Jennifer Estep

Currently Reading The Final Cut (A Brit in the FBI, #1) by Catherine Coulter I Love This Bar (Honky Tonk, #1) by Carolyn Brown

message 40: by Christa (new)

Christa After staring at the 4 book box set I bought 2 years ago, I'm finally working my way through the Outlander series:

I've finished Outlander (Outlander #1) by Diana Gabaldon which I really enjoyed even though I found it to be a slow read.

I'm about 100 pages into Dragonfly in Amber (Outlander, #2) by Diana Gabaldon and I'm not sure what to think yet.

message 41: by JoAnne (new)

JoAnne | 1062 comments Domino (aka Meme) wrote: "i finished Stuck-Up Suit and i loved it!! didn't want it to end. i'm like a junky. i need another Vi keeland- Penelope Ward novel.
i don't generally like dual author books, but i'v..."

Try Bittersweet (True North, #1) by Sarina Bowen by Sarina Bowen. You'll love it. It's the 1st of a trilogy. Each book focuses on a different couple but they are a group of friends.

message 42: by K (new)

K | 3 comments Crescent Hill by Jackie Y. Wang by Jackie Y. Wang. It is excellent! I gave it 5 stars.
Here's my review:
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 43: by K (new)

K | 3 comments Christa wrote: "After staring at the 4 book box set I bought 2 years ago, I'm finally working my way through the Outlander series:

I've finished Outlander (Outlander #1) by Diana Gabaldonwhich I really enjoyed even though I fo..."

I am reading, too Dragonfly in Amber (Outlander, #2) by Diana Gabaldon . I'm almost 200 pages in and I am loving it.

Domino (aka Meme) (bryghtstarr) | 409 comments i put down Good Girl and am now reading The Baller A Down and Dirty Football Novel by Vi Keeland .
i didn't see how Good Girl connected to the first book in the trilogy and wasn't feeling it, so i started another book. loving The Baller.

message 45: by Elaine (new)

Elaine Howlin (elainehowlinbooks) I'm listening to White Night (The Dresden Files, #9) by Jim Butcher and reading Captured (The Captive, #1) by Erica Stevens Want to get them both finished before the end of the month. I have loads of housework to do so I should definitely get Harry done.

I'm itching to start the January BOM for four different groups. I will just explode on Jan 1st.

Domino (aka Meme) (bryghtstarr) | 409 comments finished The Baller: A Down and Dirty Football Novel and really liked it. now on to Ravished by a Highlander (Children of the Mist, #1) by Paula Quinn

message 47: by K (new)

K | 3 comments I finished Finding Sam Finding Sam by Liz Durano I gave it 4 stars. Here's my review:
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 48: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3562 comments Finished I Love This Bar (Honky Tonk, #1) by Carolyn Brown Compulsion (Max Revere, #2) by Allison Brennan Bite Me (Pride, #9) by Shelly Laurenston The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl from Everywhere, #1) by Heidi Heilig The Rocky Road to Romance (Elsie Hawkins #4) by Janet Evanovich The Current Between Us by Kindle Alexander Priceless (Rylee Adamson, #1) by Shannon Mayer Thirty-Three and a Half Shenanigans (Rose Gardner Mystery #6) by Denise Grover Swank Magic Binds (Kate Daniels, #9) by Ilona Andrews

Currently Reading The Final Cut (A Brit in the FBI, #1) by Catherine Coulter Nightwalker (The World of Nightwalkers, #5) by Jacquelyn Frank

message 49: by K (new)

K | 3 comments I just finished Sinners at the Altar (Sinners on Tour, #6) by Olivia Cunning and gave it 4 stars. Here's my review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Now I've started Alphas & Fairytales A New Year's Eve Anthology by Anne Mercier which I saved especially for New Years.

message 50: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3562 comments Finished 2016 Nightwalker (The World of Nightwalkers, #5) by Jacquelyn Frank Jason (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #23) by Laurell K. Hamilton Remy (Real, #3) by Katy Evans The Likeness (Dublin Murder Squad, #2) by Tana French Men of the Otherworld (Otherworld Stories #1) by Kelley Armstrong Poseidon’s Children (The Legacy of the Gods, #1) by Michael West

Still reading The Final Cut (A Brit in the FBI, #1) by Catherine Coulter

« previous 1