Play Book Tag discussion

The Seven Sisters (The Seven Sisters, #1)
This topic is about The Seven Sisters
October 2016: Historical Fiction > The Seven Sisters/Lucinda Riley - 4.5 stars

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments 4.5 stars
A group of sisters gathers at their childhood home when their father passes away. Each of the girls is adopted from a different place and the fathers dying action was to reveal the coordinates of a location that was important to each girls origin story. This book focuses on the story of Maia, the oldest sister whose coordinates take her to Rio. Maia is a translator and decides to meet one of her authors who is also a history buff. As the two begin to investigate her family history, a dual storyline is introduced about Maia's great grandmother.

As a lover of historical fiction, I'm always a sucker for a dual story-line. The historical story was interesting because I don't often read about Rio and also her grandmother travels to Paris and meets the sculpture responsible for the Christ the Redeemer statue. With the recent focus on Rio, this was a fun and timely read. Some of the parts were a bit predictable and there were some loose ends that I'm hoping will get wrapped up later in the series. I am looking forward to continuing the series and hearing the stories of the other sisters.

message 2: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6437 comments So glad you enjoyed your read this month, JoLene. I'm not big on dual story lines so have to admit I'm glad you mentioned it! I always end up comparing them and liking one more than the other . . .

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments That sometimes happens for me too, but often it's nice to get a break. :-D

message 4: by Amy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Amy | 8535 comments I certainly loved the past storyline more than the current one, which was lucky since the past storyline was the far more predominant one in the book. Starting #2, the Storm Sister, today…

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments Yeah -- I agree with Amy. I thought the present story-line was a bit predictable -- especially since the beginning of the present day story is on the book blurb.

I will definitely continue with the series