Obsessed with True Crime discussion

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 11887 comments Another movie I keep meaning to get hold of, this treatment of the Beltway Sniper murders has gotten rave reviews. Again, has anyone seen this one?

message 2: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 11887 comments It won an award, too, I think.

message 3: by Rita (new)

Rita (crimesleuthjunkie) | 1078 comments Fishface wrote: "It won an award, too, I think."

Never heard of it Fishface.

message 4: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 11887 comments Well now you have!

message 5: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 292 comments I hadn't either - now on my list to get to. I will say, when I was in the TC Book club at the National Crime and Punishment Museum, we had a Montgomery County detective who was on the task force come and present a slide presentation he gave to other cops and talk to us about it as well. Actual crime scene photos etc...

message 6: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 11887 comments Wow, was there any new information in there for you? I have to confess I never really followed the beltway Snipers that closely.

message 7: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 292 comments Fishface wrote: "Wow, was there any new information in there for you? I have to confess I never really followed the beltway Snipers that closely."

Well I did since it was our area. my friend Jodie was at the Ponderosa restaurant just an hour or two before the shooting there and the Home Depot one was across the street from my chiropractor.

Now there was information, but after all this time I can't remember what was from that presentation vs. the news etc...

message 8: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 11887 comments And it was all over so fast. Not even a month later they'd caught the guys...

message 9: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 292 comments Fishface wrote: "And it was all over so fast. Not even a month later they'd caught the guys..."

Of course part of that was the boy making a call saying to check out a murder elsewhere. Couldn't NOT take credit.

message 10: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 11887 comments It's the mark of a true terrorist! Gotta get your name in the paper or it's not even worth getting out of bed!