Support for Indie Authors discussion

Fun > Halloween! - costumes anyone?

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by M.L. (last edited Oct 01, 2016 10:40AM) (new)

M.L. | 1102 comments Hi, October 1! costumes anyone? Do you dress up for Halloween?Undecided or a new character from your favorite book or movie? Care to share a pic?

Tara Woods Turner M.L. wrote: "Hi, October 1! costumes anyone? Do you dress up for Halloween?Undecided or a new character from your favorite book or movie? Care to share a pic?"

I love dressing up for Halloween - arrested development ha ha. Don't know how to post pics here and, yeah...that's probably for the best ;)

message 3: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) I'm headed to a part where the theme is 'games.' My husband is going to be Door #3. I'm thinking of being a Big Game Hunter because pun costumes are the best costumes. If I can actually pull it off, I'll share. ;)

message 4: by Charles (new)

Charles McGarry (goodreadscomcharles-mcgarry) This will be the first year since I was younger that I have dressed up for halloween. I will be cosplaying as Gambit from the X-Men. The best part is that I can reuse it for ComicCon next summer, hehe.

message 5: by N.L. (new)

N.L. LaFoille (nllafoille) | 20 comments Lol, Christina, Door #3 is hilarious!

I made a Captain America costume for a Comic Con a while back, so I'll be good ole Lady Cap again this year. Might as well get as much use out of it as I can!

My daughter is going as The Hulk :)

message 6: by Riley, Viking Extraordinaire (new)

Riley Amos Westbrook (sonshinegreene) | 1510 comments Mod
Umm...have you seen my profile? I mean, I don't know if I'll be Deadpool this year specifically (I can't help but find it fitting, and funny, thinking of an obese Deadpool, would fit in the comic book world perfectly.) or if I'm going to do my own thing. #OptionsAreNice

message 7: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Jensen (kdragon) | 468 comments I'm thinking about dressing up when I hand out candy, although I haven't decided what I'll be. If I could just find my stupid wizard's hat I'd be a wizard, but the dang thing vanished on me. I had no idea it was actually magic :/

message 8: by Jane (new)

Jane Jago | 888 comments Mostly I just stay as myself. I reckon that's scary enough for anybody...

message 9: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Jensen (kdragon) | 468 comments Anybody consider dressing up as one of your characters, and handing someone a hard copy of your book when someone asks you who you're supposed to be? ;)

message 10: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) Melissa wrote: "Anybody consider dressing up as one of your characters, and handing someone a hard copy of your book when someone asks you who you're supposed to be? ;)"

Since my characters are mostly human, it wouldn't be much fun, but I will admit, if I was younger and thought I could get away with it, I did consider dressing as one of CB Archer 's characters just to shake up the game theme. ;)

message 11: by Dwayne, Head of Lettuce (new)

Dwayne Fry | 4283 comments Mod
I have not dressed up for Halloween in a long time. Over the years I have been an old man, a hippie, a cannibalistic clown, the Mad Hatter, a frumpy housewife and a few other things. The other day when I was visiting my parents, we found a photo of me in my teen years dressed as a greaser. I do not remember doing that. But, I looked pretty cool.

message 12: by G.G. (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 2491 comments Christina wrote: "Since my characters are mostly human, it wouldn't be much fun, but I will admit, if I was younger and thought I could get away with it, I did consider dressing as one of CB Archer 's characters just to shake up the game theme. ;)"

Easy costume if you'd go as Anders. Mostly naked but definitely with a bare butt! :P

message 13: by T.L. (new)

T.L. Clark (tlcauthor) | 727 comments You need some sort of night elf ranger buttless trousers though ;-)

I love dressing up. Sadly not many of my friends do so I've not had many takers for my proposed party ;-(

I saw some call chicken wire outlines if dresses, painted with glow in the dark paint (mwah haha).

I had an awesome vampire costume once; lush red velvet.

message 14: by P.S. (last edited Oct 04, 2016 03:23PM) (new)

P.S. Meraux | 2 comments Hi, I'm new to the SIA group, just wanted to add my two cents.
I'm torn between being Regina the Evil Queen or the Bride of Frankenstein. I've made costumes for both. Just worried about having a possible headache from the headgear. My Evil Queen has a tiara with lots of dangling-bling that could get heavy after a while. But my BOF uses bun sponges to create the required bouffant. #TotallyTraditional
or I could be a witch...I have a truly awesome hat.
I would share a pic but don't know how here

message 15: by C.B., Beach Body Moderator (new)

C.B. Archer | 1090 comments Mod
It's a good thing I checked in here! :D
There is a lot of gold in here!

@Christina: Thigh-high boots, a mini skirt, a bustier, and some purple hair colouring and you would be set! I think you have more than enough spunk to be Lissa.

@GG: I will admit this: accidentally running into an Anders cosplay at a convention is on my 'top list of things I want to happen in my writing career'. It really is a time saving costume! (I always imagine him in the website style, with a lil' vest, and the modestly loincloth.

@TL: A Roodg costume would be something to behold! I think Christina could pull that off as well. The most important thing is the Capslock after all, and I know she can do it!

@General: I always dress up! Especially if I have to work. Last year I was a glampire. Seriously, so much glitter!

message 16: by T.L. (new)

T.L. Clark (tlcauthor) | 727 comments Ooh Melissa; I could dress up as a balerina or a spy and hand out a copy of my book!! :O

Love you CB! <3
Glampire; pmsl. I can totally imagine that!!!

xx

message 17: by M.L. (new)

M.L. | 1102 comments That's a good idea - drop a book in a trick or treat bag! :) I love glitter!