Doctor Who Book Club - Traveling the Vortex discussion

Book Discussions > Discussion: The Prisoner of the Daleks

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Holly (new)

Holly | 207 comments Mod
Please leave your reviews and comments here for The Prisoner of the Daleks!

message 2: by Holly (new)

Holly | 207 comments Mod
Prisoner of The Daleks was released in 2009, during the Gap year Specials, so the Doctor may be a touch TimeLord victorious.

message 3: by Shaun (new)

Shaun Collins | 18 comments Enjoyed this one more as it went on. My thoughts on the first half were a little meh, but once it really solidified the story it became quite the page turner! A few of the crew reminded me of Absolom Daak.

message 4: by Shaun (new)

Shaun Collins | 18 comments We'll be tackling it on the podcast in some form this month for a more in depth review! www.travelingthevortex.com

message 5: by Erik (new)

Erik Gulbrandsen | 4 comments Just finished this one. I was a little late this month. It was pretty good. Definitely read well and was paced nicely. I think Trevor Baxendale has a firm grasp on where this fits in the timeline of the tenth doctor. The book has a little bit of a "just another Dalek story" feel to it. Not a lot of surprises but the characters grew on me. I think was especially dark and violent at time which reminded more of the New Adventures line than the usual BBC Books novels. It was downright brutal at points but the tone was consistent and seemed appropriate for this story.

Overall good. I enjoyed reading it.

message 6: by Jamieson (new)

Jamieson | 12 comments This was good. A solid story that captures both The Doctor and Daleks well. I listened to the audio (quite a while ago), which was narrated by Nick Briggs who does a much better tenth Doctor than he does a Ninth Doctor. Fun story that plays well to the Daleks' strengths.