Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

2016 Challenge Archive > The Happiest Place on Earth Quarterly Challenge - September 15 through December 14, 2016

Comments Showing 1-50 of 116 (116 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by MountainKat, Moderator (last edited Sep 08, 2016 05:55PM) (new)

MountainKat | 17588 comments The Happiest Place on Earth Quarterly Challenge
September 15 through December 14, 2016

"To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world."
— Walter E. Disney, July 17, 1955

Disneyland first opened in July 1955. Over the years, it has undergone many expansions and renovations, with more in the works, to become the park you can visit today and again tomorrow. As Disneyland concludes the Diamond Celebration for it's 60th Anniversary, we can only dream about what will be waiting for us in the future!

But let's be honest, while the sights and history are nice, when we go to Disneyland it's all about the rides! For this challenge, we will start at the beginning and grow like Disneyland grew. =)

Disney Beginner: Level One - Opening Day Rides (11 books)

Disney Fan: Level Two - All '50s Rides (19 books)

Disney Lover: Level Three - Add the '60s and '70s (26 books)

Extreme Disney Addict: Level Four - Add the next decade - or two, even three! (29, 33 or 36 books)

Micky Mouse Forever! - Bonus Level - Add in another park! Can be added to any level. (1 to 5 additional books)

Opening Day Rides:
Autopia - The original road trip ride! Read a road trip romance or a book with any mode of transport on cover.
Disneyland Railroad - Travel throughout Disneyland on this railroad! Read a book where travel is part of the story or one that has a long distance romance.
Jungle Cruise - Wild river adventure! Read a book with an outdoorsy MC or one with wildlife on the cover.
King Arthur Carrousel - Ride a regal steed as inspired by the Knights of the Round Table! Read a historical romance or a book featuring nobility.
Mad Tea Party - Round and round you go, how fast - only you know! Read a silly or funny story.
Main Street Cinema - Enter a classic movie palace and see some early Disney animation! Read a book with an artist or star as a prominent character.
Mark Twain Riverboat - Cruise the Rivers of America on a steam powered paddle wheeler! Read a book set in US.
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride - Take a manic drive over the English countryside creating mayhem in your wake! Read a book with a bad boy hero or a character who has a troubled past.
Peter Pan's Flight - Take a flight over London with Peter Pan! Read a book set in England or a fantasy of any sort.
Snow White's Scary Adventures - Follow Snow White as she flees the Evil Queen! Read a book with a kind character or one where the characters find true love.
Storybook Land Canal Boats - Take a 'mini' boat tour of fairytale lands! Read an anthology or a book with a character who is bigger than life.

'50s:
Casey Jr. Circus Train - "I think I can, I think I can..." Read a book where a character has to overcome some sort of issue/struggle.
Dumbo the Flying Elephant - "If you believe in yourself, anything is possible!" Read a book with a character who has to believe in themself.
Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island - On an island in the Rivers of America is a secret hideaway where any adventure can happen! Read a book set on an island or any tropical setting or on cover.
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes - Paddle your way around Tom Sawyer's Island! Read a book with a body of water as setting or in story or one with water on the cover.
Alice in Wonderland - Journey down the Rabbit Hole on a Disneyland exclusive, this ride is not found in any other Disney park! Read a stand alone romance, one not in a series.
Sailing Ship Columbia - This ship is based on ship that discovered the Columbia River and was first American ship to circumnavigate the globe. Read a book takes place in two countries or one with something round on the cover.
Disneyland Monorail - The first transportation of its kind in America and styled with the popular space age look of the time! Read a futuristic romance or one with a geek/nerd character.
Matterhorn Bobsleds - Ride an Alpine Sled around the famous Matterhorn. Read a book set in Europe.

'60s and '70s:
'60s
Enchanted Tiki Room - Enjoy a musical celebration where topical birds and flowers come to life! Read a book with flowers or birds on the cover, or one with a singer as a character.
The Disneyland Story presenting Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln - See Abraham Lincoln come to life! Read a book featuring a politician or any other public servant.
it's a small world - You know the song, sing along! Read a book with children in the story.
Pirates of the Caribbean - "Yo Ho, Yo Ho, a Pirate's Life for Me!" Read a book set in Caribbean, on an island or pirates, thieves or a crime in story.
Haunted Mansion - Ride your Doom Buggie though a mansion haunted by 999 spirits! Read a PNR or a book with a mansion on the cover.
'70s
Hyperspace Mountain - Fly through space fighting evil! Read a sci-fi romance or good vs evil story.
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - The wildest ride in the west! Read a western romance or a book set in the west.

'80s:
Pinocchio's Daring Journey - Will Pinocchio find his way home to Gepetto? Read a book that has redemption of a character as part of story.
Star Tours: The Adventures Continue - Take a ride through space with some of your favorite droids! Read a book that features technology in it.
Splash Mountain - Remember Br'er Rabbit? Ride a log through scenes from Songs of the South before taking a big plunge! Read a book set in the south.

'90s:
Astro Orbitor - Pilot your own rocket ship over Tomorrowland! Read a book with a pilot or plane in the story, or one with a planet on the cover.
Gadget's Go Coaster - Ride a roller coaster created by an inventive mouse! Read a book with a clever character.
Indiana Jones Adventure - Careen through the Temple of Forbidden Eye with Indiana Jones! Read a book that is an adventure or one where the MCs go on an adventure.
Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin - Follow Roger Rabbit through the wacky streets of Toontown and he tries to get a kidnapped Jessica Rabbit back! Read a Romantic Suspense.

2000s:
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - Visit Hundred Acre Wood with Winnie and friends! Read a book that has good friends as characters.
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters - Battle for the highest score as you help Buzz Lightyear defeat the Evil Emperor Zurg! Read a book with a competitive character, or one with green, blue or toys on the cover.
Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage - Take an underwater journey featuring characters from Finding Nemo while the seagulls perched on a buoy make their familiar call of "Mine! Mine! Mine!" Read a book about family or one with a possessive hero.

Micky Mouse Forever! - Bonus Level

Disney California Adventure: Disney added a second park to the California resort in 2001, for the bonus read a book for any or all of California Adventure 'E ticket' rides. (Up to 5 bonus books)
If you are too young to know what an 'E ticket' is, google it! California Adventure may be too new to have ever had 'E tickets', but these rides would have had them if they had been around back in the day!
California Screamin' - It's your classic rollercoaster - one of the smoothest I've ever ridden! Read a story that turns you upside down or leaves you feeling that way.
Grizzly River Run - Whitewater raft down a California river! Read a book with animals animals or shifters in the story or on the cover.
Radiator Springs Racers - Race, literally, through the deserts of Cars Land! Read a book featuring sports or an athlete.
Soarin' Around the World - Take an airborne flight over the wonders of the world! Read a beautiful or epic story.
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror - Travel through the Hollywood Tower Hotel where five unlucky souls disappeared on Halloween many years ago! Read a scary story or one with scary characters. Or read a book that takes place in a hotel.

**There is no minimum page requirement for this challenge. Audiobooks and rereads are allowed.**

message 2: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

message 3: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

message 4: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

message 5: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

message 6: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

message 7: by Bookchaser (last edited Dec 14, 2016 08:02PM) (new)

Bookchaser | 1837 comments The Happiest Place on Earth Quarterly Challenge
Duration: September 15, 2016 - December 14, 2016
Level: Extreme Disney Addict + Mickey Mouse Forever!

**There is no minimum page requirement for this challenge. Audiobooks and rereads are allowed.**

36/36 Completed + 4/5 Bonus

Opening Day Rides:
01. Autopia: Read a road trip romance or a book with any mode of transport on cover.
Don't Let Go by Jaci Burton - 11/25/16
02. Disneyland Railroad: Read a book where travel is part of the story or one that has a long distance romance.
Getting Lucky by Susan Andersen - 11/09/16
03. Jungle Cruise: Read a book with an outdoorsy MC or one with wildlife on the cover.
Best of My Love by Susan Mallery - 11/05/16
04. King Arthur Carrousel: Read a historical romance or a book featuring nobility.
No One But You by Leigh Greenwood - 11/23/16
05. Mad Tea Party: Read a silly or funny story.
Turbo Twenty-Three by Janet Evanovich - 11/17/16
06. Main Street Cinema: Read a book with an artist or star as a prominent character.
Rock Wedding by Nalini Singh - 11/14/16
07. Mark Twain Riverboat: Read a book set in US.
Sugar Creek by Toni Blake - 10/23/16
08. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride: Read a book with a bad boy hero or a character who has a troubled past.
A Convenient Proposition by Cindy Gerard - 09/30/16
09. Peter Pan's Flight: Read a book set in England or a fantasy of any sort.
The Ice Princess by Elizabeth Hoyt - 12/14/16
10. Snow White's Scary Adventures: Read a book with a kind character or one where the characters find true love.
Hope Springs on Main Street by Olivia Miles - 10/11/16
11. Storybook Land Canal Boats: Read an anthology or a book with a character who is bigger than life.
A Regency Christmas IV by Mary Balogh - 12/08/16

Don't Let Go (Hope, #6) by Jaci Burton Getting Lucky (Marine, #2) by Susan Andersen Best of My Love (Fool's Gold, #20) by Susan Mallery No One But You by Leigh Greenwood Turbo Twenty-Three (Stephanie Plum, #23) by Janet Evanovich Rock Wedding (Rock Kiss, #4) by Nalini Singh Sugar Creek (Destiny, #2) by Toni Blake A Convenient Proposition by Cindy Gerard The Ice Princess (Princes Trilogy, #3.5) by Elizabeth Hoyt Hope Springs on Main Street (Briar Creek, #3) by Olivia Miles A Regency Christmas IV by Mary Balogh

1950s:
12. Casey Jr. Circus Train: Read a book where a character has to overcome some sort of issue/struggle.
Dogwood Hill by Sherryl Woods - 09/23/16
13. Dumbo the Flying Elephant: Read a book with a character who has to believe in him/herself.
Red's Hot Honky-Tonk Bar by Pamela Morsi - 09/22/16
14. Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island: Read a book set on an island or any tropical setting or on cover.
Just Good Friends by Rosalind James ~ 12/04/16
15. Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes: Read a book with a body of water as setting or in story or one with water on the cover.
Spellbound Falls by Janet Chapman - 10/18/16
16. Alice in Wonderland: Read a stand alone romance, one not in a series.
Playing By The Baby Rules by Michelle Celmer - 11/01/16
17. Sailing Ship Columbia: Read a book that takes place in two countries or one with something round on the cover.
Rules for a Proper Governess by Jennifer Ashley - 10/03/16
18. Disneyland Monorail: Read a futuristic romance or one with a geek/nerd character.
Stargazer by Colby Hodge - 11/30/16
19. Matterhorn Bobsleds: Read a book set in Europe.
The Stolen Mackenzie Bride by Jennifer Ashley - 11/01/16

Dogwood Hill (Chesapeake Shores, #12) by Sherryl Woods Red's Hot Honky-Tonk Bar by Pamela Morsi Just Good Friends (Escape to New Zealand, #2) by Rosalind James Spellbound Falls (Spellbound Falls #1) by Janet Chapman Playing By The Baby Rules (Silhouette Desire, #1566) by Michelle Celmer Rules for a Proper Governess (MacKenzies & McBrides, #7) by Jennifer Ashley Stargazer (Oasis, #1) by Colby Hodge The Stolen Mackenzie Bride (MacKenzies & McBrides, #8) by Jennifer Ashley

1960s:
20. Enchanted Tiki Room: Read a book with flowers or birds on the cover, or one with a singer as a character.
Meet Me at Midnight by Suzanne Enoch - 10/16/16
21. The Disneyland Story presenting Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln: Read a book featuring a politician or any other public servant.
Cure for the Common Breakup by Beth Kendrick - 10/15/16
22. It's a Small World: Read a book with children in the story.
His Baby Surprise by Lisa Childs - 09/24/16
23. Pirates of the Caribbean: Read a book set in Caribbean, on an island or pirates, thieves or a crime in story.
Pirates by Linda Lael Miller - 09/28/16
24. Haunted Mansion: Read a PNR or a book with a mansion on the cover.
Parallel Seduction by Deidre Knight - 10/21/16

Meet Me at Midnight (With This Ring, #2) by Suzanne Enoch Cure for the Common Breakup (Black Dog Bay, #1) by Beth Kendrick His Baby Surprise (Harlequin American Romance, #1301) by Lisa Childs Pirates by Linda Lael Miller Parallel Seduction (Midnight Warriors, #3) by Deidre Knight

1970s:
25. Hyperspace Mountain: Read a sci-fi romance or good vs evil story.
Luck of the Gaian: A Gaian Story by Janet Miller - 09/28/16
26. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad: Read a western romance or a book set in the west.
A Wanted Man by Linda Lael Miller - 09/28/16

Luck of the Gaian A Gaian Story (Gaian Stories) by Janet Miller A Wanted Man (Stone Creek, #2) by Linda Lael Miller

1980s:
27. Pinocchio's Daring Journey: Read a book that has redemption of a character as part of story.
A Mother's Homecoming by Tanya Michaels - 09/29/16
28. Star Tours: The Adventures Continue: Read a book that features technology in it.
Bad Wolf by Jennifer Ashley - 11/26/16
29. Splash Mountain: Read a book set in the south.
Playing for Keeps by LuAnn McLane - 10/30/16

A Mother's Homecoming by Tanya Michaels Bad Wolf (Shifters Unbound, #7.5) by Jennifer Ashley Playing for Keeps (Cricket Creek, #1) by Luann McLane

1990s:
30. Astro Orbitor: Read a book with a pilot or plane in the story, or one with a planet on the cover.
Come Fly With Me by Addison Fox - 11/14/16
31. Gadget's Go Coaster: Read a book with a clever character.
Draw Me Close by Nicole Michaels - 11/08/16
32. Indiana Jones Adventure: Read a book that is an adventure or one where the MCs go on an adventure.
The Knight by Juliana Garnett - 12/13/16
33. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin: Read a Romantic Suspense.
Her Lone Wolf by Paige Tyler - 11/05/16

Come Fly With Me (Alaskan Nights, #2) by Addison Fox Draw Me Close (Hearts and Crafts, #3) by Nicole Michaels The Knight by Juliana Garnett Her Lone Wolf (X-Ops, #2) by Paige Tyler

2000s:
34. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: Read a book that has good friends as characters.
Let Me Be the One by Bella Andre - 11/21/16
35. Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters: Read a book with a competitive character, or one with green, blue or toys on the cover.
Parallel Desire by Deidre Knight - 10/28/16
36. Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage: Read a book about family or one with a possessive hero.
Three Reasons to Wed by Helen Lacey - 12/05/16

Let Me Be the One (San Francisco Sullivans, #6; The Sullivans, #6) by Bella Andre Parallel Desire (Midnight Warriors, #4) by Deidre Knight Three Reasons to Wed ( The Cedar River Cowboys #1) by Helen Lacey

Mickey Mouse Forever! - Bonus Level ~ Disney California Adventure: (Up to 5 bonus books)

B1. California Screamin': Read a story that turns you upside down or leaves you feeling that way.
Once and Again by Elisabeth Barrett - 10/05/16
B2. Grizzly River Run: Read a book with animals or shifters in the story or on the cover.
Lion Eyes by Jennifer Ashley - 11/15/16
B3. Radiator Springs Racers: Read a book featuring sports or an athlete.
Just for Now by Rosalind James - 12/11/16
B4. Soarin' Around the World: Read a beautiful or epic story.
Shards of Hope by Nalini Singh ~ 11/30/16
B5. The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror: Read a scary story or one with scary characters. Or read a book that takes place in a hotel.
Leopard's Fury by Christine Feehan - (Currently Reading)

Once and Again (Return to Briarwood, #1) by Elisabeth Barrett Lion Eyes (Shifters Unbound, #7.25) by Jennifer Ashley Just for Now (Escape to New Zealand, #3) by Rosalind James Shards of Hope (Psy-Changeling, #14) by Nalini Singh XXX Leopard's Fury (Leopard People, #9) by Christine Feehan XXX

message 8: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 17588 comments Me too! I plan to start with Extreme Disney Addict and see where it goes from there!

message 9: by Cher (last edited Oct 19, 2016 12:19AM) (new)

Cher | 57 comments I'm in!! Love the theme.. I missed the PTP sign up so I'm not going to miss this. I'm a Disney Fan for now.

9/18 Completed

Opening Day Rides:
Autopia: The Mother Road Sep 21
Disneyland Railroad:
Jungle Cruise: Nobody But You
King Arthur Carrousel: Royally Screwed
Mad Tea Party:The Consequence of Revenge
Main Street Cinema:Airhead Oct 03
Mark Twain Riverboat:
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride:
Peter Pan's Flight: The Little Bookshop of Lonely Hearts - Set in England Sep 17
Snow White's Scary Adventures:
Storybook Land Canal Boats: Between Hearts: A Romance Anthology

The Mother Road by Meghan Quinn Airhead (Airhead, #1) by Meg Cabot The Little Bookshop of Lonely Hearts by Annie Darling

'50s:
Casey Jr. Circus Train: Beautiful Disaster - Character has to overcome some sort of issue Sep 16
Dumbo the Flying Elephant:
Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island:Island Time Oct 06
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes:Sweet Little Lies Oct 16
Alice in Wonderland:Every Other Saturday Sep 27
Sailing Ship Columbia:
Disneyland Monorail:The Fix Up
Matterhorn Bobsleds:

Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1) by Jamie McGuire Island Time by Susan Wiggs Sweet Little Lies (Heartbreaker Bay, #1) by Jill Shalvis Every Other Saturday by M.J. Pullen

'60s
Enchanted Tiki Room:
The Disneyland Story presenting Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln:
It's a Small World:
Pirates of the Caribbean:
Haunted Mansion:

'70s
Hyperspace Mountain:
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad:

'80s:
Pinocchio's Daring Journey:
Star Tours: The Adventures Continue:
Splash Mountain:

'90s:
Astro Orbitor:
Gadget's Go Coaster:
Indiana Jones Adventure:
Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin:

2000s:
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh:
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters:
Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage: Everywhere and Every Way - 15/09 book about family / possessive hero.
Everywhere and Every Way (Billionaire Builders, #1) by Jennifer Probst

Mickey Mouse Forever! - Bonus Level
California Screamin':
Grizzly River Run:
Radiator Springs Racers:The Goal Sep 29
Soarin' Around the World:
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror:

The Goal (Off-Campus, #4) by Elle Kennedy

message 10: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 6458 comments I'm in! I'll go with Extreme Disney Addict and hopefully will get to the bonus, too.

message 11: by ~Melissa~ (last edited Sep 08, 2016 05:33PM) (new)

~Melissa~ | 1830 comments The Happiest Place on Earth Quarterly Challenge ~
September 15 ~ December 14, 2016
Disney Lover: 25
0/25 read
Opening Day Rides:

Autopia - The original road trip ride! Read a road trip romance or a book with any mode of transport on cover.
Disneyland Railroad - Travel throughout Disneyland on this railroad! Read a book where travel is part of the story or one that has a long distance romance.
Jungle Cruise - Wild river adventure! Read a book with an outdoorsy MC or one with wildlife on the cover.
King Arthur Carrousel - Ride a regal steed as inspired by the Knights of the Round Table! Read a historical romance or a book featuring nobility.
Mad Tea Party - Round and round you go, how fast - only you know! Read a silly or funny story.
Main Street Cinema - Enter a classic movie palace and see some early Disney animation! Read a book with an artist or star as a prominent character.
Mark Twain Riverboat - Cruise the Rivers of America on a steam powered paddle wheeler! Read a book set in US.
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride - Take a manic drive over the English countryside creating mayhem in your wake! Read a book with a bad boy hero or a character who has a troubled past.
Peter Pan's Flight - Take a flight over London with Peter Pan! Read a book set in England or a fantasy of any sort.
Snow White's Scary Adventures - Follow Snow White as she flees the Evil Queen! Read a book with a kind character or one where the characters find true love.
Storybook Land Canal Boats - Take a 'mini' boat tour of fairytale lands! Read an anthology or a book with a character who is bigger than life.

'50s:
Casey Jr. Circus Train - "I think I can, I think I can..." Read a book where a character has to overcome some sort of issue/struggle.
Dumbo the Flying Elephant - "If you believe in yourself, anything is possible!" Read a book with a character who has to believe in themself.
Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island - On an island in the Rivers of America is a secret hideaway where any adventure can happen! Read a book set on an island or any tropical setting or on cover.
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes - Paddle your way around Tom Sawyer's Island! Read a book with a body of water as setting or in story or one with water on the cover.
Alice in Wonderland - Journey down the Rabbit Hole on a Disneyland exclusive, this ride is not found in any other Disney park! Read a stand alone romance, one not in a series.
Sailing Ship Columbia - This ship is based on ship that discovered the Columbia River and was first American ship to circumnavigate the globe. Read a book takes place in two countries or one with something round on the cover.
Disneyland Monorail - The first transportation of its kind in America and styled with the popular space age look of the time! Read a futuristic romance or one with a geek/nerd character.
Matterhorn Bobsleds - Ride an Alpine Sled around the famous Matterhorn. Read a book set in Europe.

'60s and '70s:
'60s
Enchanted Tiki Room - Enjoy a musical celebration where topical birds and flowers come to life! Read a book with flowers or birds on the cover, or one with a singer as a character.
The Disneyland Story presenting Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln - See Abraham Lincoln come to life! Read a book featuring a politician or any other public servant.
it's a small world - You know the song, sing along! Read a book with children in the story.
Pirates of the Caribbean - "Yo Ho, Yo Ho, a Pirate's Life for Me!" Read a book set in Caribbean, on an island or pirates, thieves or a crime in story.
Haunted Mansion - Ride your Doom Buggie though a mansion haunted by 999 spirits! Read a PNR or a book with a mansion on the cover.
'70s
Hyperspace Mountain - Fly through space fighting evil! Read a sci-fi romance or good vs evil story.
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - The wildest ride in the west! Read a western romance or a book set in the west.

message 12: by Sandra (last edited Dec 02, 2016 05:24PM) (new)

Sandra | 707 comments I'm in!

Opening Day Rides:
✔Autopia - I Love How You Love Me - Bella Andre - 1 OCT
✔Disneyland Railroad - Finding My Prince Charming - J.S. Cooper - 23 SEPT
✔Jungle Cruise - Fall Dark - Zoe York - 5 OCT
✔King Arthur Carrousel - Taming My Prince Charming - J.S. Cooper - 23 SEPT
✔Mad Tea Party - Dying For Danish - Leighann Dobbs - 16 SEPT
✔Main Street Cinema - Playing with Her Heart - Lauren Blakely - 6 NOV
✔Mark Twain Riverboat - Spark - Deborah Bladon - 19 SEPT
✔Mr. Toad's Wild Ride - The Madam - M. Robinson - 23 SEPT
✔Peter Pan's Flight - The Devil Rides Out - Paul O'Grady - 22 OCT
✔Snow White's Scary Adventures - Love Thy Enemy - Katie Reus - 18 SEPT
✔Storybook Land Canal Boats - The Wolf of Wall Street - Jordan Belfort - 30 NOV

I Love How You Love Me (Seattle Sullivans #5; The Sullivans #13) by Bella Andre Finding My Prince Charming (Finding My Prince Charming, #1) by J.S. Cooper Fall Dark (SEALs Undone, #7) by Zoe York Taming My Prince Charming (Finding My Prince Charming, #2) by J.S. Cooper Dying for Danish (Lexy Baker #2) by Leighann Dobbs Playing with Her Heart (Caught Up in Love, #5) by Lauren Blakely Spark (Heat #2) by Deborah Bladon The Madam (VIP, #2) by M. Robinson The Devil Rides Out by Paul O'Grady Love Thy Enemy (Red Stone Security #13) by Katie Reus The Wolf of Wall Street by Jordan Belfort

'50s:
✔Casey Jr. Circus Train - MVP - M. Robinson - 25 SEPT
✔Dumbo the Flying Elephant - Beefcake and Retakes - Judi Fennell - 24 SEPT
✔Pirate's Lair - The Supermodel's Best Friend - Gretchen Galway - 28 SEPT
✔Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes - Carter - Adrienne Bell - 29 OCT
✔Alice in Wonderland - You Own Me - Shiloh Walker - 15 SEPT
✔Sailing Ship Columbia - Catching the Bad Guy - Marie Astor - 15 SEPT
✔Disneyland Monorail - Imperfect Chemistry - Mary Frame - 4 OCT
✔Matterhorn Bobsleds - Keeping My Prince Charming - J.S. Cooper - 23 SEPT

MVP (VIP, #3) by M. Robinson Beefcake & Retakes (BeefCake, Inc. Book 3) by Judi Fennell The Supermodel's Best Friend by Gretchen Galway Carter (The Sinner Saints, #1) by Adrienne Bell You Own Me by Shiloh Walker Catching the Bad Guy (Janet Maple #2) by Marie Astor Imperfect Chemistry (Imperfect, #1) by Mary Frame Keeping My Prince Charming (Finding My Prince Charming, #3) by J.S. Cooper

'60s
✔Enchanted Tiki Room - Hope Springs - Jayne Rylon - 20 SEPT
✔The Disneyland Story - Capitol Submission - Skylar Cross - 19 SEPT
✔it's a small world - Beefcakes & Mistakes - Judi Fennell - 19 SEPT
✔Pirates of the Caribbean - Deadly Disco in Las Vegas - A.R. Winters - 17 SEPT
✔Haunted Mansion - Wickham Hall: Part One - Hidden Treasures - Cathy Bramley - 30 SEPT

Hope Springs (Compass Girls, #2) by Jayne Rylon Capitol Submission by Skylar Cross Beefcake & Mistakes (BeefCake, Inc #2) by Judi Fennell Deadly Disco in Las Vegas (Tiffany Black Mysteries #6) by A.R. Winters Wickham Hall Part One - Hidden Treasures by Cathy Bramley

'70s
✔Hyperspace Mountain - Bad Guys Don't Win - Marie Astor - 25 SEPT
✔Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - Riding High - Vicki Lewis Thompson - 26 NOV

Bad Guys Don't Win (Janet Maple Series Book 4) by Marie Astor Riding High (Sons of Chance, #14) by Vicki Lewis Thompson

'80s:
✔Pinocchio's Daring Journey - Blackmailing the Billionaire - Melody Anne - 27 NOV
✔Star Tours - Bowie - Adrienne Bell - 7 NOV
✔Splash Mountain - Slow Heat in Heaven - Sandra Brown - 17 OCT

Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5) by Melody Anne Bowie (The Sinner Saints, #5) by Adrienne Bell Slow Heat in Heaven by Sandra Brown

'90s:
✔Astro Orbitor - Love at First Flight - Marie Force - 28 OCT
✔Gadget's Go Coaster - Rhys - Adrienne Bell - 29 OCT
✔Indiana Jones Adventure - Honeymoon for One - Lily Zante - 3 DEC
✔Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin - Winters Heat - Cristin Harber - 18 OCT

Love at First Flight by Marie Force Rhys (The Sinner Saints, #2) by Adrienne Bell Honeymoon for One (Honeymoon #1) by Lily Zante Winters Heat (Titan, #1) by Cristin Harber

2000s:
✔The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - Summer Fling - Mari Carr - 20 SEPT
✔Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters - Reasonable Doubt: Volume 1 - Whitney G. - 27 SEPT
✔Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage - Mastered by His Touch - Skylar Cross - 24 SEPT

Summer Fling (Compass Girls, #3) by Mari Carr Reasonable Doubt Volume 1 (Reasonable Doubt, #1) by Whitney G. Mastered by His Touch (Mastered by His Touch, #1) by Skylar Cross

✔California Screamin' - Fantasy Lover - Sherrilyn Kenyon - 19 SEPT
✔Grizzly River Run - Loving Her - Kelly Lucille - 20 NOV
✔Radiator Springs Racers - Forever Pucked - Helena Hunting - 25 SEPT
✔Soarin' Around the World - Caught Up in Us - Lauren Blakely - 15 SEPT
✔The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror - The Vigilante's Lover - Annie Winters - 15 OCT

Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunterverse #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Loving Her (Keeping Her #2) by Kelly Lucille Forever Pucked (Pucked, #4) by Helena Hunting Caught Up in Us (Caught Up in Love, #1) by Lauren Blakely The Vigilante's Lover (The Vigilantes, #1) by Annie Winters

message 13: by Tammie (last edited Nov 16, 2016 05:44PM) (new)

Tammie | 1604 comments I'll be working toward Mickey Forever!!!!

The Happiest Place on Earth Quarterly Challenge
Completed:
35/35
Bonus: 5/5

Opening Day Rides:
Autopia – US to Columbia Two Roads, Lili St. Germain ★★★★ 10/16
Disneyland Railroad - travel part of story Me Before You, Jojo Moyes ★★★★ 9/29
Jungle Cruise – outdoorsy MC - Can't Help Falling in Love, Bella Andre ★★★ 9/15
King Arthur Carrousel, Historical - When He Was Wicked, Julia Quinn ★★★★ 10/11
Mad Tea Party – Christmas from Hell, R.L.Mathewson ★★★ 10/26
Main Street Cinema - MCs composer/lyricist - Waiting For Nick ★★★ 10/2
Mark Twain Riverboat - Five Miles, Lili St. Germain ★★★★ 10/14
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride - Mister Black, P.T. Michelle ★★★ 9/27
Peter Pan's Flight - Set in England On the Way to the Wedding, Julia Quinn ★★★★ 10/4
Snow White's Scary Adventures – Considering Kate, Nora Roberts ★★★ 10/3
Storybook Land Canal Boats, lyrical stories of Japanese women - The Buddha in the Attic, Julie Otsuka ★★★★ 10/11
Two Roads (Gypsy Brothers, #6) by Lili St. Germain Me Before You (Me Before You, #1) by Jojo Moyes Can't Help Falling in Love (San Francisco Sullivans, #3; The Sullivans, #3) by Bella Andre When He Was Wicked (Bridgertons, #6) by Julia Quinn Christmas from Hell (Neighbor from Hell, #7) by R.L. Mathewson Waiting For Nick (Stanislaskis #5) by Nora Roberts Five Miles (Gypsy Brothers, #3) by Lili St. Germain Mister Black (In the Shadows, #1) by P.T. Michelle On the Way to the Wedding (Bridgertons, #8) by Julia Quinn Considering Kate (The Stanislaskis Those Wild Ukrainians #6) by Nora Roberts The Buddha in the Attic by Julie Otsuka

'50s:
Casey Jr. Circus Train – Overcome issue - Don't Let Go, Jaci Burton ★★★★ 9/24
Dumbo the Flying Elephant – Viscount of Vice, Shana Galen ★★★ 10/7
Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island, Tropical Setting on Cover – Diamond Bay, Linda Howard ★★★★ 11/16
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes – Set on water/cruise ship Playing the Odds, Nora Roberts ★★★★ 9/23
Alice in Wonderland – Overload, Linda Howard ★★★ 10/10
Sailing Ship Columbia – Lybia/US Mackenzie's Pleasure, Linda Howard ★★★★ 10/16
Disneyland Monorail (librarian) – I Only Have Eyes for You, Bella Andre ★★★★ 10/6
Matterhorn Bobsleds, Pemberly Lake in England – Pemberley Lake: A Pride and Prejudice Novella, Dona Lewis ★★★ 10/5

'60s
Enchanted Tiki Room' Flowers on cover – First Lady, Susan Elizabeth Phillips ★★★★ 11/5
The Disneyland Story presenting Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, Cop – Blind Alley, Iris Johansen ★★★★ 10/25
it's a small world-children - More Pleasure than Pain, Kristen Ashley ★★★★ 10/17
Pirates of the Caribbean, Crime – Seven Sons, Lili St. Germain ★★★ 10/14
Haunted Mansion PNR – The Flame, Christopher Rice ★★★★ 10/31
Don't Let Go (Hope, #6) by Jaci Burton Viscount of Vice (Covent Garden Cubs, #0.5) by Shana Galen Diamond Bay by Linda Howard Playing the Odds (The MacGregors, #1) by Nora Roberts Overload by Linda Howard Mackenzie's Pleasure (Mackenzie Family, #3) by Linda Howard I Only Have Eyes for You (San Francisco Sullivans, #4; The Sullivans, #4) by Bella Andre Pemberley Lake A Pride and Prejudice Novella (The Pemberley Assignations, #1) by Dona Lewis First Lady by Susan Elizabeth Phillips Blind Alley (Eve Duncan, #5) by Iris Johansen More Pleasure than Pain (Chaos, #3.5) by Kristen Ashley Seven Sons (Gypsy Brothers, #1) by Lili St. Germain The Flame (Desire Exchange, #0.5) by Christopher Rice

'70s
Hyperspace Mountain, Good vs Evil – The Admiral's Bride, Suzanne Brockmann ★★★★★ 10/7
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - Western A Real Cowboy Never Says No, Stephanie Rowe ★★★★ 9/28

'80s:
Pinocchio's Daring Journey, Redemption – Six Brothers, Lili St. Germain ★★★★ 10/14
Star Tours: The Adventures Continue – Technology Gone - Part Three ★★★ 10/2
Splash Mountain - set in Kentucky - The Angels' Share, J.R.Ward ★★★★ 9/18

'90s:
Astro Orbitor – MC is Pilot - Animal Magnetism, Jill Shalvis ★★★★ 9/21
Gadget's Go Coaster, Clever MC – Dead Aim, Iris Johansen ★★★★ 10/13
Indiana Jones Adventure - Never Never: Part Two. ★★★★ 10/8
Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin, Suspense - One Love, Lili St. Germain ★★★★ 10/16

2000s:
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh – Never Never: Part Three. Colleen Hoover ★★★★ 10/8
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, competitive – Let Me Be the One, Bella Andre ★★★★ 10/21
Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage - Family - Convincing Alex, Nora Roberts ★★★★ 9/17
The Admiral's Bride (Tall, Dark & Dangerous, #7) by Suzanne Brockmann A Real Cowboy Never Says No (Wyoming Rebels, #1) by Stephanie Rowe Six Brothers (Gypsy Brothers, #2) by Lili St. Germain Gone - Part Three (Gone #3) by Deborah Bladon The Angels' Share (The Bourbon Kings, #2) by J.R. Ward Animal Magnetism (Animal Magnetism, #1) by Jill Shalvis Dead Aim (Eve Duncan, #4.5) by Iris Johansen Never Never Part Two (Never Never, #2) by Colleen Hoover One Love (Gypsy Brothers, #7) by Lili St. Germain Never Never Part Three (Never Never, #3) by Colleen Hoover Let Me Be the One (San Francisco Sullivans, #6; The Sullivans, #6) by Bella Andre Convincing Alex (The Stanislaskis, #4) by Nora Roberts

Disney California Adventure:

California Screamin' - Never Never, Colleen Hoover ★★★★ 9/21
Grizzly River Run, Animals-Horses – A Real Cowboy Rides a Motorcycle ★★★★ 10/23
Radiator Springs Racers, MC Hockey – Alex, Sawyer Bennett ★★★★ 10/9
Soarin' Around the World, Beautiful – Always on My Mind, Bella Andre ★★★★★ 10/27
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror - Four Score, Lili St. Germain ★★★★ 10/15
Never Never (Never Never, #1) by Colleen Hoover A Real Cowboy Rides a Motorcycle (Wyoming Rebels #3) by Stephanie Rowe Alex (Cold Fury Hockey, #1) by Sawyer Bennett Always on My Mind (San Francisco Sullivans, #8; The Sullivans, #8) by Bella Andre Four Score (Gypsy Brothers, #4) by Lili St. Germain

message 14: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 17588 comments ~Melissa~ wrote: "Too funny ~ it goes with PtP :D

I'm in! ~ I'll figure out my level later"

That was intentional! We thought it would add to the fun. =)

message 15: by Rachel C. (last edited Dec 11, 2016 09:14PM) (new)

Rachel C. (rachelus) | 578 comments Not sure how many I'll be able to read, so I'll work up throught the levels and see how far I can get :)

The Happiest Place On Earth (Quarterly Challenge)
Duration: September 15 - December 14, 2016
Level: TBD

Complete = 33 (+ 1)

Opening Day Rides:

Autopia - Animal Magnetism by Jill Shalvis (there's a plane on the cover; Animal Magnetism (Animal Magnetism, #1) by Jill Shalvis ) - 10/1/16

Disneyland Railroad - The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever by Julia Quinn (both Turner and Miranda travel to various places over the course of the storyline, including Edinburgh, London, Kent, etc.) - 9/19/16

Jungle Cruise - Tempting Danger by Eileen Wilks (Rule is definitely outdoorsy due to his werewolf nature) - 9/16/16

King Arthur Carrousel - Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLean - 10/7/16

Mad Tea Party - You Slay Me by Katie MacAlister - 10/4/16

Main Street Cinema - The Leopard Prince by Elizabeth Hoyt (Harry whittles wood into animal figurines a.k.a. he's an artist) - 10/9/16

Mark Twain Riverboat - Hottest Mess by J. Kenner (takes place in NYC and LA) - 9/22/16

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride - Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione (Eidolon is definitely a bad boy hero of sorts and Tayla has a troubled past) - 9/18/16

Peter Pan's Flight - The Duke Is Mine by Eloisa James (takes place in England) - 10/17/16

Snow White's Scary Adventures - Mystery Man by Kristen Ashley (I'd argue that Cabe and Gwen find true love) - 9/26/16

Storybook Land Canal Boats - Maverick by Lora Leigh (Risa is definitely bigger than life; she overcomes a lot and handles things with a surprising aplomb) - 11/17/16

'50s:

Casey Jr. Circus Train - Sweetest Taboo by J. Kenner (Dallas and Jane have to overcome the views of society/family and Dallas has to rescue Jane from a kidnapping multiple times) - 10/8/16

Dumbo the Flying Elephant - Vengeance in Death by J.D. Robb (Eve is a cop who must believe in herself and her capabilities in order to carry out her job) - 10/11/16

Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island -Crimson Death by Laurell K. Hamilton (partially set in Ireland, which is an island) - 11/8/16

Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes - The Lullaby Sky by Carolyn Brown (Hannah, Travis, Sophie and friends go down to the river and catch catfish during the the story) - 10/12/16

Alice in Wonderland - I See You by Molly McAdams - 10/26/16

Sailing Ship Columbia - The Year of Living Scandalously by Julia London (takes place in England and Ireland) - 10/22/16

Disneyland Monorail - Holiday in Death by J.D. Robb (both furturistic and has multiple somewhat geeky/nerdy computer guys) - 10/16/16

Matterhorn Bobsleds - What a Gentleman Wants by Caroline Linden (set in England) - 10/23/16

'60s and '70s:
'60s
Enchanted Tiki Room - Christmas Unplugged by Joy Nash (Emma, Casey's sister, is an aspiring Broadway actress and is also a singer) - 11/18/16

The Disneyland Story presenting Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln - Born of Silence by Sherrilyn Kenyon (Darling is Governor of Caron) - 11/30/16

It's a small world - Visions of Heat by Nalini Singh (Vaughn and Faith interact/influence the survival of multiple children/cubs during the story) - 10/29/16

Pirates of the Caribbean - Caressed by Ice by Nalini Singh (there are multiple crimes throughout the story: bombing buildings, treason, murder, etc.) - 11/12/16

Haunted Mansion - A Demon and His Psycho by Eve Langlais - 10/26/16

'70s
Hyperspace Mountain - Silver Borne by Patricia Briggs (good v. evil story) - 11/3/16

'80s:

Pinocchio's Daring Journey - Conflict of Interest by Teresa Michaels - 10/24/16

Star Tours: The Adventures Continue - Morning Star by Pierce Brown (technology-based war is a big theme) - 12/6/16

Splash Mountain - Never Never by Colleen Hoover (set in Louisiana) - 9/23/16

'90s:

Astro Orbitor - Never Let You Go by Monica Murphy (Will flies back to Katie suddenly during the story, using a private plane) - 11/20/16

Gadget's Go Coaster - Scandal in Spring by Lisa Kleypas (Matthew is very clever and a brilliant businessman) - 12/10/16

Indiana Jones Adventure - Careen through the Temple of Forbidden Eye with Indiana Jones! Read a book that is an adventure or one where the MCs go on an adventure.

Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin - Follow Roger Rabbit through the wacky streets of Toontown and he tries to get a kidnapped Jessica Rabbit back! Read a Romantic Suspense.

2000s:

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - My Best Friend's Stepfather by Opal Carew (Adam and Ashley are good friends) - 12/11/16

Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters - The Beast by J.R. Ward (blue on cover) - 11/28/16

Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage - Heartless by Kat Martin (Justin is very possessive) - 11/13/16

California Screamin' - It's your classic rollercoaster - one of the smoothest I've ever ridden! Read a story that turns you upside down or leaves you feeling that way.

Grizzly River Run - River Marked by Patricia Briggs (shapeshifters in story) - 12/11/16

Radiator Springs Racers - Race, literally, through the deserts of Cars Land! Read a book featuring sports or an athlete.

Soarin' Around the World - Take an airborne flight over the wonders of the world! Read a beautiful or epic story.

The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror - Travel through the Hollywood Tower Hotel where five unlucky souls disappeared on Halloween many years ago! Read a scary story or one with scary characters. Or read a book that takes place in a hotel.

message 16: by Creative Caprice (last edited Nov 02, 2016 02:05AM) (new)

Creative Caprice | 29 comments I'm in and going to go for broke with Mickey Mouse Forever!

Duration: 09/15/16-12/14/16
Completed: 13/35
Bonus: 0/5

Opening Day Rides: 6/11

Autopia - The original road trip ride! Read a book with any mode of transport on cover.
Warm Food Cold Body by S.Y. Robins 10/31/16 ** Warm Food Cold Body by S.Y. Robins

Disneyland Railroad Read a book where travel is part of the story.
Murder on the Minneapolis by Anita Davison 10/07/16 ****

Mark Twain Riverboat: Read a book set in the US.
First to Fall by Olivia Blake 09/29/16 ***

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride Read a book with a bad boy hero.
The Bad Boy Next Door by Lexxie Couper 10/18/16 ***

Peter Pan's Flight: Read a fantasy of any sort.
Rose Boy by Michael-Scott Earle 09/30/16 *****

Storybook Land Canal Boats: Read a book with a character who's bigger than life.
Dating in the Apocalypse: Sarah: "The One" by Christopher John Chater 09/27/16 ****

50s: 1/8

Casey Jr. Circus Train: Read a book where a character has to overcome some kind of issue/struggle.
Nidhöggr by M.L. Larson 09/29/16

'60s and '70s: 4/7
'60s:

Enchanted Tiki Room Read a book with a singer as a character.
Venom by Kristen Middleton 10/12/16 ***

The Disneyland Story presenting Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Read a book featuring a politician.
A Cup of Murder by Cam Larson 10/17/16 ***

It's a small world - You know the song, sing along! Read a book with children in the story.
Secondhand Spirits by Juliet Blackwell 10/31/16 ****

Pirates of the Caribbean: Read a book with pirates in the story.
I Remember My First Time: A Sword and Sorcery Story by Dylan Doose 09/30/16

'80s: 1/3

Splash Mountain: Read a book set in the South
The Curse of the Bridal Chamber by Hunter Murphy 09/18/16 **

2000s: 1/3

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - Visit Hundred Acre Wood with Winnie and friends! Read a book that has good friends as characters.
Going Through the Notions by Cate Price 10/30/16 ***

message 17: by Raine (last edited Sep 08, 2016 12:01AM) (new)

Raine | 177 comments Wow, great challenge: I'm in. I will be aiming for Disney Lover but I'm not sure I'll make it. I will post as I go.

The Happiest Place On Earth (Quarterly Challenge)
Duration: September 15 - December 14, 2016
Level: TBD

Complete = 0 (+ 0)

Disney Beginner: Level One - Opening Day Rides (10 books)

Disney Fan: Level Two - All '50s Rides (18 books)

Disney Lover: Level Three - Add the '60s and '70s (25 books)

Extreme Disney Addict: Level Four - Add the next decade - or two, even three! (28, 32 or 35 books)

Micky Mouse Forever! - Bonus Level - Add in another park! Can be added to any level. (1 to 5 additional books)

Opening Day Rides:
Autopia - Read a road trip romance or a book with any mode of transport on cover.
Disneyland Railroad - Read a book where travel is part of the story or one that has a long distance romance.
Jungle Cruise -Read a book with an outdoorsy MC or one with wildlife on the cover.
King Arthur Carrousel - Read a historical romance or a book featuring nobility.
Mad Tea Party - Read a silly or funny story.
Main Street Cinema - Read a book with an artist or star as a prominent character.
Mark Twain Riverboat - Read a book set in US.
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride - Read a book with a bad boy hero or a character who has a troubled past.
Peter Pan's Flight - Read a book set in England or a fantasy of any sort.
Snow White's Scary Adventures - FRead a book with a kind character or one where the characters find true love.
Storybook Land Canal Boats - T Read an anthology or a book with a character who is bigger than life.

'50s:
Casey Jr. Circus Train - " Read a book where a character has to overcome some sort of issue/struggle.
Dumbo the Flying Elephant - Read a book with a character who has to believe in themself.
Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island - Read a book set on an island or any tropical setting or on cover.
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes - Read a book with a body of water as setting or in story or one with water on the cover.
Alice in Wonderland - Read a stand alone romance, one not in a series.
Sailing Ship Columbia - Read a book takes place in two countries or one with something round on the cover.
Disneyland Monorail - Read a futuristic romance or one with a geek/nerd character.
Matterhorn Bobsleds - Read a book set in Europe.

'60s and '70s:
'60s

Enchanted Tiki Room - Read a book with flowers or birds on the cover, or one with a singer as a character.
The Disneyland Story presenting Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln - Read a book featuring a politician or any other public servant.
it's a small world - Read a book with children in the story.
Pirates of the Caribbean - Read a book set in Caribbean, on an island or pirates, thieves or a crime in story.
Haunted Mansion - Read a PNR or a book with a mansion on the cover.
'70s
Hyperspace Mountain - Read a sci-fi romance or good vs evil story.
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - Read a western romance or a book set in the west.

'80s:
Pinocchio's Daring Journey - Read a book that has redemption of a character as part of story.
Star Tours: The Adventures Continue - Read a book that features technology in it.
Splash Mountain - Read a book set in the south.

'90s:
Astro Orbitor - Read a book with a pilot or plane in the story, or one with a planet on the cover.
Gadget's Go Coaster -Read a book with a clever character.
Indiana Jones Adventure - Read a book that is an adventure or one where the MCs go on an adventure.
Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin - Read a Romantic Suspense.

2000s:
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - Read a book that has good friends as characters.
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters - Read a book with a competitive character, or one with green, blue or toys on the cover.
Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage - Read a book about family or one with a possessive hero.

Disney California Adventure: Disney added a second park to the California resort in 2001, for the bonus read a book for any or all of California Adventure 'E ticket' rides. (Up to 5 bonus books)

California Screamin' - Read a story that turns you upside down or leaves you feeling that way.
Grizzly River Run - Read a book with animals animals or shifters in the story or on the cover.
Radiator Springs Racers - Read a book featuring sports or an athlete.
Soarin' Around the World - Read a beautiful or epic story.
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror - Read a scary story or one with scary characters. Or read a book that takes place in a hotel.

message 18: by Calila (last edited Nov 11, 2016 01:15AM) (new)

Calila | 2744 comments I'm in.

Mickey Mouse Forever: 41/41

Opening Day Rides: 11/11
Autopia - The original road trip ride! Read a road trip romance or a book with any mode of transport on cover. - Stranded by Lies 09/22/16 ★★★★★
Disneyland Railroad - Travel throughout Disneyland on this railroad! Read a book where travel is part of the story or one that has a long distance romance. - Scorpion 09/20-21/16 ★★★★
Jungle Cruise - Wild river adventure! Read a book with an outdoorsy MC or one with wildlife on the cover. - How to Wish Upon a Star 10/31-11/01/16 ★★★★
King Arthur Carrousel - Ride a regal steed as inspired by the Knights of the Round Table! Read a historical romance or a book featuring nobility. - Cold-Hearted Rake 09/28-29/16 ★★
Mad Tea Party - Round and round you go, how fast - only you know! Read a silly or funny story. - Glen & Tyler's Scottish Troubles 09/16-17/16 ★★★★
Main Street Cinema - Enter a classic movie palace and see some early Disney animation! Read a book with an artist or star as a prominent character. - Fall For Me 11/05-6/16 ★★★★
Mark Twain Riverboat - Cruise the Rivers of America on a steam powered paddle wheeler! Read a book set in US. - Little Boy Dead 10/14/16 ★★★★
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride - Take a manic drive over the English countryside creating mayhem in your wake! Read a book with a bad boy hero or a character who has a troubled past. - Come What May 09/26-27/16 ★★
Peter Pan's Flight - Take a flight over London with Peter Pan! Read a book set in England or a fantasy of any sort. - Wishbone 10/26-27/16 ★★★★★
Snow White's Scary Adventures - Follow Snow White as she flees the Evil Queen! Read a book with a kind character or one where the characters find true love. - A New Beginning 09/29/16 ★★★
Storybook Land Canal Boats - Take a 'mini' boat tour of fairytale lands! Read an anthology or a book with a character who is bigger than life. - Aced 11/09-10/16 ★★★★

'50s: 8/8
Casey Jr. Circus Train - "I think I can, I think I can..." Read a book where a character has to overcome some sort of issue/struggle. - Syrah 09/18-19/16 ★★
Dumbo the Flying Elephant - "If you believe in yourself, anything is possible!" Read a book with a character who has to believe in themself. - In the Fire 09/15-16/16 ★★★★
Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island - On an island in the Rivers of America is a secret hideaway where any adventure can happen! Read a book set on an island or any tropical setting or on cover. - What Remains 10/13-14/16 ★★★★
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes - Paddle your way around Tom Sawyer's Island! Read a book with a body of water as setting or in story or one with water on the cover. - A Cup of Tea and a Few Broken Rules 10/18/16 ★★★★
Alice in Wonderland - Journey down the Rabbit Hole on a Disneyland exclusive, this ride is not found in any other Disney park! Read a stand alone romance, one not in a series. - Sweetwater 09/30/16 ★★★★
Sailing Ship Columbia - This ship is based on ship that discovered the Columbia River and was first American ship to circumnavigate the globe. Read a book takes place in two countries or one with something round on the cover. - As You Wish 09/21-22/16 ★★★★
Disneyland Monorail - The first transportation of its kind in America and styled with the popular space age look of the time! Read a futuristic romance or one with a geek/nerd character. - Slave For Two 10/08/16 ★★★★
Matterhorn Bobsleds - Ride an Alpine Sled around the famous Matterhorn. Read a book set in Europe. - Angel and the Assassin 10/08/16 ★★

'60s and '70s: 7/7
'60s
Enchanted Tiki Room - Enjoy a musical celebration where topical birds and flowers come to life! Read a book with flowers or birds on the cover, or one with a singer as a character. - Integrity 10/05/16 ★★★
The Disneyland Story presenting Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln - See Abraham Lincoln come to life! Read a book featuring a politician or any other public servant. - Some Kind of Magic 09/29/16 ★★★
It's a small world - You know the song, sing along! Read a book with children in the story. - The Last Thing He Needs 09/24/16 ★★★★
Pirates of the Caribbean - "Yo Ho, Yo Ho, a Pirate's Life for Me!" Read a book set in Caribbean, on an island or pirates, thieves or a crime in story. - Enemies of the State 10/01-02/16 ★★★★
Haunted Mansion - Ride your Doom Buggie though a mansion haunted by 999 spirits! Read a PNR or a book with a mansion on the cover. - The V Unit 09/19-20/16 ★★
'70s
Hyperspace Mountain - Fly through space fighting evil! Read a sci-fi romance or good vs evil story. - Song of the Navigator 09/24/16 ★★★★
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - The wildest ride in the west! Read a western romance or a book set in the west. - Sonny's Salvation 09/23/16 ★★

'80s: 3/3
Pinocchio's Daring Journey - Will Pinocchio find his way home to Gepetto? Read a book that has redemption of a character as part of story. - A Calling for Pleasure 10/01/16 ★★★★★
Star Tours: The Adventures Continue - Take a ride through space with some of your favorite droids! Read a book that features technology in it. - The Good Fight 11/01-02/16 ★★★
Splash Mountain - Remember Br'er Rabbit? Ride a log through scenes from Songs of the South before taking a big plunge! Read a book set in the south. - The Telling 09/25-26/16 ★★★

'90s: 3/4
Astro Orbitor - Pilot your own rocket ship over Tomorrowland! Read a book with a pilot or plane in the story, or one with a planet on the cover. - How to Repair a Mechanical Heart 09/22-23/16 ★★★★
Gadget's Go Coaster - Ride a roller coaster created by an inventive mouse! Read a book with a clever character. - Heart Scarab 10/06-07/16 ★★★★
Indiana Jones Adventure - Careen through the Temple of Forbidden Eye with Indiana Jones! Read a book that is an adventure or one where the MCs go on an adventure. - Fish and Ghosts 11/02-03/16 ★★★★★
Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin - Follow Roger Rabbit through the wacky streets of Toontown and he tries to get a kidnapped Jessica Rabbit back! Read a Romantic Suspense. - The Mystery of Nevermore 10/22/16 ★★★★

2000s: 3/3
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - Visit Hundred Acre Wood with Winnie and friends! Read a book that has good friends as characters. - As You Are 10/03-04/16 ★★
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters - Battle for the highest score as you help Buzz Lightyear defeat the Evil Emperor Zurg! Read a book with a competitive character, or one with green, blue or toys on the cover. - Unintended 10/04-05/16 ★★★
Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage - Take an underwater journey featuring characters from Finding Nemo while the seagulls perched on a buoy make their familiar call of "Mine! Mine! Mine!" Read a book about family or one with a possessive hero. - Everything He Needs 09/25/16 ★★★★★

Micky Mouse Forever! - Bonus Level : 5/5
If you are too young to know what an 'E ticket' is, google it! California Adventure may be too new to have ever had 'E tickets', but these rides would have had them if they had been around back in the day!
California Screamin' - It's your classic rollercoaster - one of the smoothest I've ever ridden! Read a story that turns you upside down or leaves you feeling that way. - Resistance 10/17-19/16 ★★★
Grizzly River Run - Whitewater raft down a California river! Read a book with animals animals or shifters in the story or on the cover. - Off Course 10/09-10/16 ★★★★
Radiator Springs Racers - Race, literally, through the deserts of Cars Land! Read a book featuring sports or an athlete. - Chasing the King of the Mountains 10/02/16 ★★
Soarin' Around the World - Take an airborne flight over the wonders of the world! Read a beautiful or epic story. - A Boy and His Dragon 10/11-12/16 ★★★★
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror - Travel through the Hollywood Tower Hotel where five unlucky souls disappeared on Halloween many years ago! Read a scary story or one with scary characters. Or read a book that takes place in a hotel. - My Bloody Valentine 09/21/16 ★★★★

message 19: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 18614 comments I'm in too - probably to Level 2, but I need to see what my books look like :D

message 20: by Calila (new)

Calila | 2744 comments @MountainKat, I count 11 under Opening Day, not 10.

message 21: by JC (last edited Dec 04, 2016 03:48PM) (new)

JC (jmnc) | 311 comments I'm in - Disney Beginner (10 books)

11/11 complete

Drunken Fireworks Finished 12/3/16 ~ 3 stars

Writing Toward Home: Tales and Lessons to Find Your Way Finished 11/11/16 ~ 4 stars

Alvin Journeyman Finished 11/6/16 ~ 3 stars

Peter Pan Finished 9/18/16 ~ 5 stars

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter Finished
9/24/16 ~ 3 stars

Me Before You Finished 10/2/16 ~ 4 stars

Odd Thomas: You Are Destined To Be Together Forever Finished 10/6/16 ~ 2 stars

The Amulet of Samarkand Finished 10/9/16 ~ 4 stars

Thrice the Brinded Cat Hath Mew'd Finished 10/16/16 ~ 4 stars

Three Sisters, Three Queens Finished 10/23/16 ~ 3 stars

The Splendour Falls Finished 10/23/16 ~ 3 stars

Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith Me Before You (Me Before You, #1) by Jojo Moyes Odd Thomas You Are Destined To Be Together Forever by Dean Koontz The Amulet of Samarkand (Bartimaeus, #1) by Jonathan Stroud Thrice the Brinded Cat Hath Mew'd (Flavia de Luce, #8) by Alan Bradley Three Sisters, Three Queens (The Plantagenet and Tudor Novels, #8) by Philippa Gregory The Splendour Falls by Susanna Kearsley Alvin Journeyman (Tales of Alvin Maker, #4) by Orson Scott Card Writing Toward Home Tales and Lessons to Find Your Way by Georgia Heard Drunken Fireworks by Stephen King

4/5 completed

Calico Joe Finished 12/4/16 ~ 3 stars

The Firebird Finished 11/20/16 ~ 4 stars

Grizzly River Run - Whitewater raft down a California river! Read a book with animals animals or shifters in the story or on the cover.
The One and Only Ivan Finished 11/13/16 ~ 3 stars

The Taming of the Queen Finished 11/27/16 ~ 3 stars

The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate The Firebird (Slains, #2) by Susanna Kearsley The Taming of the Queen (The Plantagenet and Tudor Novels, #11) by Philippa Gregory Calico Joe by John Grisham

message 22: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 17588 comments Calila wrote: "@MountainKat, I count 11 under Opening Day, not 10."

Hahaha - and apparently I can't count! I'll update that...

message 23: by Ethel (last edited Dec 11, 2016 09:17PM) (new)

Ethel | 739 comments The Happiest Place on Earth Quarterly Challenge

Duration: September 15 through December 14, 2016

Levels
Extreme Disney Addict: Level Four - Add the next decade - or two, even three! (29, 33 or 36 books)

33 + 1/ 33 + 1 read

Done!

Opening Day Rides:
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride: Imperfectly Criminal by Mary Frame [15.9.]
Mark Twain Riverboat: How To Kill Your Boss by Krissy Daniels [25.9.]
Disneyland Railroad: Restraint by Charlotte Stein [2.10.]
Snow White's Scary Adventures: The Liar by Nora Roberts [15.10.]
King Arthur Carrousel: Vendela by Kaari Utrio [18.10.]
Main Street Cinema: Inside Out by Lauren Dane [23.10.]
Jungle Cruise: The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer by Jennifer Lynch [25.10.]
Peter Pan's Flight: Little Miss Independent by Julia Templeton [1.11.]
Storybook Land Canal Boats: Suite 269 by Christine Zolendz [6.11.]
Autopia: Death Comes to Pemberley by P.D. James [16.11.]
Mad Tea Party: First Position by Quenby Olson [1.12.]

'50s:
Casey Jr. Circus Train: Charged by Jay Crownover [2.10.]
Sailing Ship Columbia: Fall Hard by Zoe York [6.10.]
Dumbo the Flying Elephant: Jane's Gift by Karen Erickson [8.10.]
Alice in Wonderland: Moonshine by Regina Bartley [10.10.]
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes: Low Pressure by Sandra Brown [17.10.]
Disneyland Monorail: Taking Him by Jackie Ashenden [27.10.]
Matterhorn Bobsleds: Beneath the Major's Scars by Sarah Mallory [2.11.]
Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island: Artistic License by Elle Pierson [3.11.]

'60s and '70s:
The Disneyland Story presenting Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln: The Other Sister by Leanne Davis [20.10.]
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Autobiography of F.B.I. Special Agent Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes by Scott Frost [27.10.]
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad: His to Protect by Stacey Lynn [7.11.]
Hyperspace Mountain: Wayward by Blake Crouch [19.11.]
it's a small world: The Ice Princess by Camilla Läckberg [20.11.]
Enchanted Tiki Room: Marilyn Monroe: Unseen Archives by Marie Clayton [24.11.]
Haunted Mansion: The Preacher by Camilla Läckberg [28.11.]

'80s:
Pinocchio's Daring Journey: American Vampire, Volume 1 by Scott Snyder [1.12.]
Star Tours: The Adventures Continue: Yes, Please by Willow Summers [3.12.]
Splash Mountain: Animus by Ophelia Bell [3.11.]

'90s:
Indiana Jones Adventure: Descended by Rose Devereux [4.12.]
Gadget's Go Coaster: Zero Factor by Stacy Gail [8.12.]
Astro Orbitor: The Billionaire's Voice by J.S. Scott [9.12.]
Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin: A Quick Bite by Lynsay Sands [10.12.]

2000s:
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - Visit Hundred Acre Wood with Winnie and friends! Read a book that has good friends as characters.
- Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters - Battle for the highest score as you help Buzz Lightyear defeat the Evil Emperor Zurg! Read a book with a competitive character, or one with green, blue or toys on the cover.
- Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage - Take an underwater journey featuring characters from Finding Nemo while the seagulls perched on a buoy make their familiar call of "Mine! Mine! Mine!" Read a book about family or one with a possessive hero.

California Screamin': The Seventh Scroll by Wilbur Smith [11.12.]

message 24: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 10679 comments I'm in!
Duration: September 15 through December 14, 2016

0/11 Read

Opening Day Rides:

.•*¨`*•✿ ✿•*¨`*•. Christine .•*¨`*•✿ ✿•*¨`*• | 443 comments The Happiest Place on Earth Quarterly Challenge

** No min page requirement **

Extreme Disney Addict Completed 36/36
Micky Mouse Forever! Completed 5/5

Autopia - Read a road trip romance

Backstage Pass (Sinners on Tour, #1) by Olivia Cunning by Olivia Cunning - 18/09/2016

Disneyland Railroad - Read a book where travel is part of the story

Wicked Beat (Sinners on Tour, #4) by Olivia Cunning by Olivia Cunning - 04/10/2016

Jungle Cruise - Read a book with wildlife on the cover.

The Wallflower (Halle Pumas, #1) by Dana Marie Bell by Dana Marie Bell - 21/09/2016

Any Duchess Will Do (Spindle Cove, #4) by Tessa Dare by Tessa Dare - 15/09/2016

Mad Tea Party - Read a silly or funny story.

Steel Beauty (Halle Pumas, #4; Poconos Pack, #0.5) by Dana Marie Bell by Dana Marie Bell - 22/09/2016

Main Street Cinema - Read a book with a star as a prominent character.

Double Time (Sinners on Tour, #5) by Olivia Cunning by Olivia Cunning - 06/10/2016

Mark Twain Riverboat - Read a book set in US.

Sweet Dreams (Halle Pumas, #2) by Dana Marie Bell by Dana Marie Bell - 21/09/2016

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride - Read a book with a bad boy hero or a character who has a troubled past.

Hot Ticket (Sinners on Tour, #3) by Olivia Cunning by Olivia Cunning - 20/09/2016

Peter Pan's Flight - Read a book set in England

Lord Dashwood Missed Out (Spindle Cove, #4.5) by Tessa Dare by Tessa Dare - 16/09/2016

Snow White's Scary Adventures - Read a book with a kind character or one where the characters find true love.

Seducing the Viscount by Alexandra Ivy by Alexandra Ivy - 14/10/2016

Storybook Land Canal Boats - Read an anthology

Bayou Heat Collection Two (Bayou Heat, #7-12) by Alexandra Ivy by Alexandra Ivy - 11/11/2016

Casey Jr. Circus Train - Read a book where a character has to overcome some sort of issue/struggle.

To Have and to Hold by Nalini Singh by Nalini Singh - 21/09/2016

Dumbo the Flying Elephant - Read a book with a character who has to believe in themselves.

Bound To Her Bear (Bear Bluff Clan, #1) by Harmony Raines by Harmony Raines - 16/09/2016

Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island - Read a book set on an island

Follow (Social Media, #1) by J.A. Huss by J.A. Huss - 24/09/2016

Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes - Read a book water on the cover.

The Witness by Nora Roberts by Nora Roberts - 09/10/2016

Seeing Me Naked by Liza Palmer by Liza Palmer - 11/10/2016

Sailing Ship Columbia - Read a book with something round on the cover.

Witchling (Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon #1) by Yasmine Galenorn by Yasmine Galenorn - 23/09/2016

Disneyland Monorail - Read a futuristic romance

C791 (Cyborgs More Than Machines, #1) by Eve Langlais by Eve Langlais - 02/10/2016

One King's Way (On Dublin Street, #6.5) by Samantha Young by Samantha Young - 30/09/2016

'60s and '70s: 6/6
Enchanted Tiki Room - Read a book with a singer as a character.

Rock Hard (Sinners on Tour, #2) by Olivia Cunning by Olivia Cunning - 19/09/2016

The Disneyland Story presenting Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln - Read a book with children in the story.

A Crooked Kind of Perfect by Linda Urban by Linda Urban - 15/10/2016

Pirates of the Caribbean - Read a book set on an island

Honor-Bound Groom (Wed At Any Price #1) by Yvonne Lindsay by Yvonne Lindsay - 22/10/2016

Haunted Mansion - Read a PNR

Runaway Vampire (Argeneau, #23) by Lynsay Sands by Lynsay Sands - 10/10/2016

Hyperspace Mountain - Read a sci-fi romance

F814 (Cyborgs More Than Machines, #2) by Eve Langlais by Eve Langlais - 02/10/2016

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - Read a book set in the west.

Don't Walk Away (DreamMakers #3) by Vivian Arend by Vivian Arend - 15/11/16

Pinocchio's Daring Journey - Read a book that has redemption of a character as part of story.

Unforgiven (Walkers Ford, #1) by Anne Calhoun by Anne Calhoun - 01/10/2016

Star Tours: Read a book that features technology in it.

B785 (Cyborgs More Than Machines, #3) by Eve Langlais by Eve Langlais - 02/10/2016

Splash Mountain - Read a book set in the south.

Nauti Temptress (Nauti, #7; Nauti Girls, #1) by Lora Leigh by Lora Leigh - 17/10/2016

'90s: 4/4

Astro Orbitor - Read a book with a pilot or plane in the story

Immortal Nights (Argeneau, #24) by Lynsay Sands by Lynsay Sands - 10/10/2016

Gadget's Go Coaster - Read a book with a clever character.

Do You Want to Start a Scandal (Spindle Cove, #5) by Tessa Dare by Tessa Dare - 08/10/2016

Indiana Jones Adventure - Read a book that is an adventure or one where the MCs go on an adventure.

The Daredevil Snared (The Adventurers Quartet, #3) by Stephanie Laurens by Stephanie Laurens - 07/10/2016

Targeted (Deadly Ops, #1) by Katie Reus by Katie Reus - 13/10/2016

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - Read a book that has good friends as characters.

Undercover (Federation Chronicles, #1) by Lauren Dane by Lauren Dane - 15/10/2016

Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters - Read a book with green on the cover.

Doctor Bear (Bear Bluff Clan, #2) by Harmony Raines by Harmony Raines - 16/09/2016

Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage - Read a book with a possessive hero.

Close Liaisons (The Krinar Chronicles #1) by Anna Zaires by Anna Zaires - 01/10/2016

Micky Mouse Forever! - Bonus Level 5/5 (any or all)

California Screamin' - Read a story that turns you upside down or leaves you feeling that way.

Replica (Replica, #1) by Lauren Oliver by Lauren Oliver - 04/11/2016

Grizzly River Run - Read a book with shifters in the story or on the cover.

Cat Of A Different Color (Halle Pumas, #3) by Dana Marie Bell by Dana Marie Bell - 21/09/2016

Fighting Dirty (Ultimate, #4) by Lori Foster by Lori Foster - 17/11/2016

Soarin' Around the World - Read a beautiful story.

To Beguile a Beast (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #3) by Elizabeth Hoyt by Elizabeth Hoyt - 19/11/2016

The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror - Read a scary story

Mercury Striking (Scorpius Syndrome, #1) by Rebecca Zanetti by Rebecca Zanetti - 21/10/2016

message 26: by Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (last edited Sep 09, 2016 02:46PM) (new)

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1051 comments Disney Beginner: Level One - Opening Day Rides (11 books)

message 27: by Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (last edited Nov 05, 2016 04:59PM) (new)

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1051 comments Opening Day Rides:

Autopia - The original road trip ride! Read a road trip romance or a book with any mode of transport on cover. The Angels' Share, j.r. ward...finished~09.15.2016 ★★★★
Jungle Cruise - Wild river adventure! Read a book with an outdoorsy MC or one with wildlife on the cover. Magic Binds, ilona andrews...finished~10.08.2016 ★★★★
King Arthur Carrousel - Ride a regal steed as inspired by the Knights of the Round Table! Read a historical romance or a book featuring nobility. The Lure of the Moonflower, lauren willig...finished~09.28.2016 ★★★★
Main Street Cinema - Enter a classic movie palace and see some early Disney animation! Read a book with an artist or star as a prominent character. The Diva Paints the Town, krista davis...finished~10.23.2016 ★★★★Mark Twain Riverboat - Cruise the Rivers of America on a steam powered paddle wheeler! Read a book set in US.
Peter Pan's Flight - Take a flight over London with Peter Pan! Read a book set in England or a fantasy of any sort. Maisie Dobbs, jacqueline winspear...finished~10.14.2016 ★★★★

The Angels' Share (The Bourbon Kings, #2) by J.R. Ward Magic Binds (Kate Daniels, #9) by Ilona Andrews The Lure of the Moonflower (Pink Carnation #12) by Lauren Willig The Diva Paints the Town (A Domestic Diva Mystery, #3) by Krista Davis Maisie Dobbs (Maisie Dobbs, #1) by Jacqueline Winspear

message 28: by Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (last edited Oct 09, 2016 07:31AM) (new)

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1051 comments '50s:

Casey Jr. Circus Train - "I think I can, I think I can..." Read a book where a character has to overcome some sort of issue/struggle Gone With the Witch, heather blake...finished~10.07.2016 ★★★★

Gone With the Witch (A Wishcraft Mystery #6) by Heather Blake

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1051 comments '60s and '70s:
'60s
'70s

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1051 comments '80s:
Pinocchio's Daring Journey - Will Pinocchio find his way home to Gepetto? Read a book that has redemption of a character as part of story.
Star Tours: The Adventures Continue - Take a ride through space with some of your favorite droids! Read a book that features technology in it.
Splash Mountain - Remember Br'er Rabbit? Ride a log through scenes from Songs of the South before taking a big plunge! Read a book set in the south.

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1051 comments '90s: 0/4

Astro Orbitor - Read a book with a pilot or plane in the story, or one with a planet on the cover.

Gadget's Go Coaster - Read a book with a clever character.

message 32: by Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (last edited Nov 05, 2016 05:00PM) (new)

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1051 comments 2000s:

Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters - Read a book with a competitive character, or one with green, blue or toys on the cover. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, j.k. rowling...finished~10.04.2016 ★★★★★

Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage - Read a book about family or one with a possessive hero.

Micky Mouse Forever! - Bonus Level 0/0-5 (any or all)

Grizzly River Run - Read a book with animals animals or shifters in the story or on the cover.

Soarin' Around the World - Read a beautiful or epic story.

The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror - Read a scary story or one with scary characters. Or read a book that takes place in a hotel. Oh Say Can You Fudge, nancy coco...finished~11.05.2016

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6) by J.K. Rowling Oh Say Can You Fudge (Candy-Coated, #3) by Nancy CoCo

message 33: by Amber (last edited Nov 26, 2016 05:17PM) (new)

Amber | 715 comments Disney Lover: Level Three - Add the '60s and '70s (26 books)

10/26

Opening Day Rides:
Autopia - Read a road trip romance or a book with any mode of transport on cover.

Disneyland Railroad - Read a book where travel is part of the story or one that has a long distance romance.

Jungle Cruise - Read a book with an outdoorsy MC or one with wildlife on the cover.

Main Street Cinema - The Fall Guy - James Lasdun 10/21/16

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride - No One Knows - J.T. Ellison 9/29/16

Snow White's Scary Adventures - Waiting On You - Kristan Higgins 10/7/16

'50s:
Casey Jr. Circus Train - Playing with Fire - Tess Gerritsen 10//7/16

Dumbo the Flying Elephant -Ladies' Night - Mary Kay Andrews 10/27/16

Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes - The Woman in Cabin 10 - Ruth Ware 9/25/16

Sailing Ship Columbia - Cappuccinos, Cupcakes, and a Corpse - Harper Lin 10/11/16

Disneyland Monorail - Read a futuristic romance or one with a geek/nerd character.

'60s and '70s:
'60s
Enchanted Tiki Room - Good as Gone - Amy Gentry 11/26/16

The Disneyland Story presenting Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln - You know the song, sing along! Read a book with children in the story.

Pirates of the Caribbean - "Yo Ho, Yo Ho, a Pirate's Life for Me!" - The Couple Next Door - Shari Lapena 10/29/16

'70s

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - Meanwhile, Back in Deadwood - Ann Charles 11/18/16

The Fall Guy by James Lasdun No One Knows by J.T. Ellison Waiting On You (Blue Heron, #3) by Kristan Higgins Playing with Fire by Tess Gerritsen Ladies' Night by Mary Kay Andrews The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware Cappuccinos, Cupcakes, and a Corpse (Cape Bay Cafe Mystery, #1) by Harper Lin Good as Gone by Amy Gentry The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena Meanwhile, Back in Deadwood (Deadwood #6) by Ann Charles

message 34: by Sarah (last edited Nov 28, 2016 05:38PM) (new)

Sarah | 53 comments The Happiest Place on Earth Quarterly Challenge - September 15 through December 14, 2016

11/11

1. Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island - On an island in the Rivers of America is a secret hideaway where any adventure can happen! Read a book set on an island or any tropical setting or on cover. Can't Hold Back 11/8/16

2. Snow White's Scary Adventures - Follow Snow White as she flees the Evil Queen! Read a book with a kind character or one where the characters find true love. What Once Was Perfect 11/6/16

3. Casey Jr. Circus Train - "I think I can, I think I can..." Read a book where a character has to overcome some sort of issue/struggle. One Special Night 11/21/16

4. Sailing Ship Columbia - This ship is based on ship that discovered the Columbia River and was first American ship to circumnavigate the globe. Read a book takes place in two countries or one with something round on the cover. Southern Comfort 9/22/16

5. The Disneyland Story presenting Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln - See Abraham Lincoln come to life! Read a book featuring a politician or any other public servant. Can't Help Falling in Love 10/13/16

6. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - The wildest ride in the west! Read a western romance or a book set in the west. Luke 10/22/16

7. Splash Mountain - Remember Br'er Rabbit? Ride a log through scenes from Songs of the South before taking a big plunge! Read a book set in the south. Slow Hand Luke 10/8/16

8. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin - Follow Roger Rabbit through the wacky streets of Toontown and he tries to get a kidnapped Jessica Rabbit back! Read a Romantic Suspense. Forgotten Sins 11/8/16

9. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - Visit Hundred Acre Wood with Winnie and friends! Read a book that has good friends as characters. Until Fountain Bridge 9/21/16

10. Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters - Battle for the highest score as you help Buzz Lightyear defeat the Evil Emperor Zurg! Read a book with a competitive character, or one with green, blue or toys on the cover. Love is a Battlefield 10/10/16

11. Pirates of the Caribbean - "Yo Ho, Yo Ho, a Pirate's Life for Me!" Read a book set in Caribbean, on an island or pirates, thieves or a crime in story. Trouble in High Heels 11/27/16

message 35: by iReadFluff (last edited Nov 26, 2016 06:54AM) (new)

iReadFluff (lovelee8) I'm going for Disney Fan plus the bonus!

7/19 read (Disney fan)
2/5 read (bonus)

Opening Day Rides:
The Angels' Share10/7/16****
The Angels' Share (The Bourbon Kings, #2) by J.R. Ward

Hook, Line and Murder 10/17/16***
Hook, Line and Murder (Murder, She Wrote, #46) by Jessica Fletcher

The Boy Is Back 10/21/16****
The Boy Is Back by Meg Cabot

Nauti and Wild 10/14/16***
Nauti and Wild (Nauti, #6; Wild Riders, #4) by Lora Leigh

'50s:

On the Island10/5/16****
On the Island (On the Island, #1) by Tracey Garvis-Graves

Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor 10/1/16****
Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor (Friday Harbor, #1) by Lisa Kleypas

First Frost9/30/16*** (the apple is round)
First Frost (Waverley Family, #2) by Sarah Addison Allen

The Goal9/28/16****
The Goal (Off-Campus, #4) by Elle Kennedy

Trick or Treachery10/9/16****
Trick or Treachery (Murder, She Wrote, #14) by Jessica Fletcher

**There is no minimum page requirement for this challenge. Audiobooks and rereads are allowed.

message 36: by Unidragonfrag (new)

Unidragonfrag This sounds fun! I think I'll go with beginner, for now :)

message 37: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 17588 comments Yep, you can always add more if you finish early! =)

message 38: by ☘KathyD☘ (new)

☘KathyD☘ | 1879 comments i LOVE it!!! and i am so IN!!! going to go for extreme addict...since it fits me so well!!!

message 39: by Susan (last edited Dec 14, 2016 08:34AM) (new)

Susan (scoutmomskf) | 1621 comments I'm in for extreme. Hopefully my reading time will be adequate as we complete our big move to Germany :-)

36/36 + 4/5 bonus

Opening Day Rides:
1. Autopia - The original road trip ride! Read a road trip romance or a book with any mode of transport on cover.
A Cowboy's Claim - Marin Thomas (HAR #1591 - Apr 2016) (rodeos all over US) - Sept 28
2. Disneyland Railroad - Travel throughout Disneyland on this railroad! Read a book where travel is part of the story or one that has a long distance romance.
Triple Threat - Jennifer LaBrecque (HB - Mar 2009) (TN/NC) - Sept 19
3. Jungle Cruise - Wild river adventure! Read a book with an outdoorsy MC or one with wildlife on the cover.
The Plains of Passage - Jean Auel (Crown - Sept 1990) - Sept 15
4. King Arthur Carrousel - Ride a regal steed as inspired by the Knights of the Round Table! Read a historical romance or a book featuring nobility.
Stolen Encounters with the Duchess - Julia Justiss (HH #1296 - Sept 2016) (nobility) - Sept 27
5. Mad Tea Party - Round and round you go, how fast - only you know! Read a silly or funny story.
Something Sweeter - Candis Terry (Avon - June 2014) (fun story) - Nov 21
6. Main Street Cinema - Enter a classic movie palace and see some early Disney animation! Read a book with an artist or star as a prominent character.
Ms. Bravo and the Boss - Christine Rimmer (HSE #2503 - Oct 2016) (writer) - Sept 26
7. Mark Twain Riverboat - Cruise the Rivers of America on a steam powered paddle wheeler! Read a book set in US.
Cassandra - Marie Ferrarella (Pinnacle - Aug 1998) (Virginia) - Nov 1
8. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride - Take a manic drive over the English countryside creating mayhem in your wake! Read a book with a bad boy hero or a character who has a troubled past.
Rescuing the Cowboy - Cathy McDavid (HWR #1615 - Oct 2016) (ex-con) - Sept 22
9. Peter Pan's Flight - Take a flight over London with Peter Pan! Read a book set in England or a fantasy of any sort.
What to Do with a Duke - Sally MacKenzie (Zebra - Aug 2015) (England) - Oct 26
10. Snow White's Scary Adventures - Follow Snow White as she flees the Evil Queen! Read a book with a kind character or one where the characters find true love.
Her Summer with the Marine - Susan Meier (Entangled - Aug 2014) - Nov 22
11. Storybook Land Canal Boats - Take a 'mini' boat tour of fairytale lands! Read an anthology or a book with a character who is bigger than life.
Western Christmas Proposals: Christmas Dance with the Rancher\Christmas in Salvation Falls\The Sheriff's Christmas Proposal - Carla Kelly, Kelly Boyce, Carol Arens (HH #1299 - Oct 2016) (anthology) - Nov 5

'50s:
12. Casey Jr. Circus Train - "I think I can, I think I can..." Read a book where a character has to overcome some sort of issue/struggle.
Killer Countdown - Amelia Autin (HRS #1909 - Aug 2016) (overcome diagnosis) - Sept 15
13. Dumbo the Flying Elephant - "If you believe in yourself, anything is possible!" Read a book with a character who has to believe in themselves.
The Rancher's One-Week Wife - Kathie DeNosky (HD #2467 - Sept 2016) (Karly) - Oct 12
14. Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island - On an island in the Rivers of America is a secret hideaway where any adventure can happen! Read a book set on an island or any tropical setting or on cover.
The Boss's Baby Arrangement - Catherine Mann (HD #2468 - Sept 2016) (Key Largo) - Oct 11
15. Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes - Paddle your way around Tom Sawyer's Island! Read a book with a body of water as setting or in story or one with water on the cover.
The Warrior's Captive Bride - Jenna Kernan (HH #1295 - Sept 2016) (water on cover) - Sept 30
16. Alice in Wonderland - Journey down the Rabbit Hole on a Disneyland exclusive, this ride is not found in any other Disney park! Read a stand alone romance, one not in a series.
Unwrapping the Rancher's Secret - Lauri Robinson (HH #1304 - Nov 2016) - Nov 15
17. Sailing Ship Columbia - This ship is based on ship that discovered the Columbia River and was first American ship to circumnavigate the globe. Read a book takes place in two countries or one with something round on the cover.
Safe in His Sight - Regan Black (HRS #1914 - Sept 2016) (round light on cover) - Sept 21
18. Disneyland Monorail - The first transportation of its kind in America and styled with the popular space age look of the time! Read a futuristic romance or one with a geek/nerd character.
Her Secret Christmas Agent - Geri Krotow (HRS #1925 - Dec 2016) (chemistry teacher) - Nov 9
19. Matterhorn Bobsleds - Ride an Alpine Sled around the famous Matterhorn. Read a book set in Europe.
The Scottish Prisoner - Diana Gabaldon (Delacorte - Dec 2011) (England/Ireland) - Oct 17

'60s and '70s:
'60s
20. Enchanted Tiki Room - Enjoy a musical celebration where topical birds and flowers come to life! Read a book with flowers or birds on the cover, or one with a singer as a character.
A Man To Hold On To - Marilyn Pappano (Forever - Feb 2014) (flowers) - Oct 19
21. The Disneyland Story presenting Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln - See Abraham Lincoln come to life! Read a book featuring a politician or any other public servant.
Into Dust - B.J. Daniels (HQN - Aug 2016) (horse on cover) - Sept 18
22. It's a small world - You know the song, sing along! Read a book with children in the story.
Texas Rebels: Jude - Linda Warren (HAR #1589 - Apr 2016)
23. Pirates of the Caribbean - "Yo Ho, Yo Ho, a Pirate's Life for Me!" Read a book set in Caribbean, on an island or pirates, thieves or a crime in story.
Stockyard Snatching - Barb Han (HI #1655 - Aug 2016) (kidnapping) - Sept 26
24. Haunted Mansion - Ride your Doom Buggie though a mansion haunted by 999 spirits! Read a PNR or a book with a mansion on the cover.
His Princess of Convenience - Rebecca Winters (HR #4503 - Jan 2016) (villa) - Nov 4

'70s
25. Hyperspace Mountain - Fly through space fighting evil! Read a sci-fi romance or good vs evil story.
Agent Zero - Lilith Saintcrow (HRS #1865 - Sept 2015) - Dec 8
26. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - The wildest ride in the west! Read a western romance or a book set in the west.
Texas Rebels: Phoenix - Linda Warren (HWR #1606 - Aug 2016) (in the west) - Sept 23

'80s:
27. Pinocchio's Daring Journey - Will Pinocchio find his way home to Gepetto? Read a book that has redemption of a character as part of story.
The Traitor - Grace Burrowes (Sourcebooks Casablanca - Aug 2014) (R) - Nov 18
28. Star Tours: The Adventures Continue - Take a ride through space with some of your favorite droids! Read a book that features technology in it.
Agent Gemini - Lilith Saintcrow (HRS #1877 - Dec 2015) - Dec 8
29. Splash Mountain - Remember Br'er Rabbit? Ride a log through scenes from Songs of the South before taking a big plunge! Read a book set in the south.
Love Me If You Dare - Toni Blake (Avon - Jan 2015) (Florida) - Oct 3

'90s:
30. Astro Orbitor - Pilot your own rocket ship over Tomorrowland! Read a book with a pilot or plane in the story, or one with a planet on the cover.
Cold Case Recruit - Jennifer Morey (HRS #1913 - Sept 2016) (pilot) - Oct 24
31. Gadget's Go Coaster - Ride a roller coaster created by an inventive mouse! Read a book with a clever character.
Billionaire Boss, M.D. - Olivia Gates (HD #2471 - Sept 2016) - Nov 22
32. Indiana Jones Adventure - Careen through the Temple of Forbidden Eye with Indiana Jones! Read a book that is an adventure or one where the MCs go on an adventure.
The Importance of Being Alice - Katie MacAlister (Signet - Jan 2015) - Dec 6
33. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin - Follow Roger Rabbit through the wacky streets of Toontown and he tries to get a kidnapped Jessica Rabbit back! Read a Romantic Suspense.
The Pregnant Colton Bride - Marie Ferrarella (HRS #1907 - Aug 2016) (RS) - Oct 4

2000s:
34. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - Visit Hundred Acre Wood with Winnie and friends! Read a book that has good friends as characters.
The Watson Brothers - Lori Foster (Zebra - April 2016) - Good With His Hands - Oct 7
35. Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters - Read a book with a competitive character, or one with green, blue or toys on the cover.
An Unlikely Daddy - Rachel Lee (HSE #2492 - Aug 2016) (blue shirt on cover) - Sept 19
36. Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage - Read a book about family or one with a possessive hero.
Suddenly a Father - Michelle Major (HSE #2408 - June 2015) - Oct 3

1. California Screamin' - Read a story that turns you upside down or leaves you feeling that way.
Wild Child - Molly O'Keefe (Bantam - Nov 2013) - Dec 1
2. Grizzly River Run - Read a book with animals animals or shifters in the story or on the cover.
Her Texas Ranger Hero - Rebecca Winters (HWR #1611 - Sept 2016) (horses) - Oct 8
3. Radiator Springs Racers - Read a book featuring sports or an athlete.
High Country Baby - Joanna Sims (HSE #2481 - June 2016) (bullrider) - Dec 10
4. Soarin' Around the World - Read a beautiful or epic story.
Written in My Own Heart's Blood - Diana Gabaldon (Delacorte - June 2014) - Oct 17
5. The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror - Read a scary story or one with scary characters. Or read a book that takes place in a hotel.

A Cowboy's Claim (Cowboys of the Rio Grande, #3) by Marin Thomas Triple Threat by Jennifer LaBrecque The Plains of Passage (Earth's Children, #4) by Jean M. Auel Stolen Encounters with the Duchess by Julia Justiss Something Sweeter (Sweet, Texas, #3) by Candis Terry Ms. Bravo and the Boss by Christine Rimmer Cassandra (Moonlight, #4) by Marie Ferrarella Rescuing the Cowboy by Cathy McDavid What to Do with a Duke (Spinster House, #1) by Sally MacKenzie Her Summer with the Marine (The Donovan Brothers, #1) by Susan Meier Western Christmas Proposals Christmas Dance with the Rancher\Christmas in Salvation Falls\The Sheriff's Christmas Proposal by Carla Kelly Killer Countdown (Man on a Mission #6) by Amelia Autin The Rancher's One-Week Wife by Kathie DeNosky The Boss's Baby Arrangement (Billionaires and Babies, #73) by Catherine Mann The Warrior's Captive Bride by Jenna Kernan Unwrapping the Rancher's Secret by Lauri Robinson Safe in His Sight (Escape Club Heroes #1) by Regan Black Her Secret Christmas Agent (Silver Valley P.D.) by Geri Krotow The Scottish Prisoner (Lord John Grey, #3) by Diana Gabaldon A Man To Hold On To (Tallgrass, #2) by Marilyn Pappano Into Dust (The Montana Hamiltons, #5) by B.J. Daniels Texas Rebels Jude by Linda Warren Stockyard Snatching (Cattlemen Crime Club #1) by Barb Han His Princess of Convenience (Vineyards of Calanetti, #7) by Rebecca Winters Agent Zero by Lilith Saintcrow Texas Rebels Phoenix by Linda Warren The Traitor (Captive Hearts, #2) by Grace Burrowes Agent Gemini (Harlequin Romantic Suspense) by Lilith Saintcrow Love Me If You Dare (Coral Cove, #2) by Toni Blake Cold Case Recruit (Cold Case Detectives #3) by Jennifer Morey Billionaire Boss, M.D. (The Billionaires of Blackcastle #5) by Olivia Gates The Importance of Being Alice (Ainslie Brothers, #1) by Katie MacAlister The Pregnant Colton Bride (The Coltons of Texas, #8) by Marie Ferrarella The Watson Brothers (Watson Brothers #1-3) by Lori Foster An Unlikely Daddy by Rachel Lee Suddenly a Father (Crimson, Colorado) by Michelle Major

Bonus
Wild Child (Boys of Bishop, #1) by Molly O'Keefe Her Texas Ranger Hero by Rebecca Winters High Country Baby by Joanna Sims Written in My Own Heart's Blood (Outlander, #8) by Diana Gabaldon 5

message 40: by ❀~Amy~❀ (last edited Dec 01, 2016 05:49AM) (new)

❀~Amy~❀ (ajpayne75) | 546 comments The Happiest Place on Earth Quarterly Challenge
9/15/16 - 12/14/16
Level:
Micky Mouse Forever! - (41 books)

41/41 read

Opening Day Rides:
Utopia - The original road trip ride! Read a road trip romance or a book with any mode of transport on cover. Will & Patrick Wake Up Married ~ 10/2/16~ ★★
Disneyland Railroad - Travel throughout Disneyland on this railroad! Read a book where travel is part of the story or one that has a long distance romance. The Melody Thief ~ 9/27/16 ~ ★★★
Jungle Cruise - Wild river adventure! Read a book with an outdoorsy MC or one with wildlife on the cover. The Bride Says Maybe ~ 10/7/16 ~ ★★★
King Arthur Carrousel - Ride a regal steed as inspired by the Knights of the Round Table! Read a historical romance or a book featuring nobility. Hellion ~ 9/26/16 ~ ★★★
Mad Tea Party - Round and round you go, how fast - only you know! Read a silly or funny story. Elements of Retrofit ~ 9/21/16 ~ ★★★★★
Main Street Cinema - Enter a classic movie palace and see some early Disney animation! Read a book with an artist or star as a prominent character. On the Right Track ~ 9/26/16 ~ ★★★1/2
Mark Twain Riverboat - Cruise the Rivers of America on a steam powered paddle wheeler! Read a book set in US. Fatal Shadows ~ 10/18/16 ~ ★★★★
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride - Take a manic drive over the English countryside creating mayhem in your wake! Read a book with a bad boy hero or a character who has a troubled past. Off Sides ~ 9/19/16 ~ ★★
Peter Pan's Flight - Take a flight over London with Peter Pan! Read a book set in England or a fantasy of any sort. Mending Noel ~ 9/18/16 ~ ★★★★
Snow White's Scary Adventures - Follow Snow White as she flees the Evil Queen! Read a book with a kind character or one where the characters find true love. Love Means... No Shame ~ 9/19/16 ~ ★★★★
Storybook Land Canal Boats - Take a 'mini' boat tour of fairytale lands! Read an anthology or a book with a character who is bigger than life. The Heart of Frost ~ 9/18/16 ~ ★★★★

'50s:
Casey Jr. Circus Train - "I think I can, I think I can..." Read a book where a character has to overcome some sort of issue/struggle. Social Skills ~ 9/21/16 ~ ★★★★★
Dumbo the Flying Elephant - "If you believe in yourself, anything is possible!" Read a book with a character who has to believe in them self. Big Love ~ 9/30/16 ~ ★★★★
Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island - On an island in the Rivers of America is a secret hideaway where any adventure can happen! Read a book set on an island or any tropical setting or on cover. Conduct Unbecoming ~ 9/22/16 ~ ★★★
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes - Paddle your way around Tom Sawyer's Island! Read a book with a body of water as setting or in story or one with water on the cover. There's Something About Ari ~ 9/24/16 ~ ★★★1/2
Alice in Wonderland - Journey down the Rabbit Hole on a Disneyland exclusive, this ride is not found in any other Disney park! Read a stand alone romance, one not in a series. What Remains ~ 10/4/16 ~ ★★★★★
Sailing Ship Columbia - This ship is based on ship that discovered the Columbia River and was first American ship to circumnavigate the globe. Read a book takes place in two countries or one with something round on the cover. Blind Space ~ 10/2/16~ ★★★1/2
Disneyland Monorail - The first transportation of its kind in America and styled with the popular space age look of the time! Read a futuristic romance or one with a geek/nerd character. Maps ~ 10/5/16 ~ ★★
Matterhorn Bobsleds - Ride an Alpine Sled around the famous Matterhorn. Read a book set in Europe. From All of Us to All of You ~ 9/19/16 ~ ★★★

'60s and '70s:
'60s
Enchanted Tiki Room - Enjoy a musical celebration where topical birds and flowers come to life! Read a book with flowers or birds on the cover, or one with a singer as a character. Short Stay ~ 10/22/16 ~ ★★★★
The Disneyland Story presenting Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln - See Abraham Lincoln come to life! Read a book featuring a politician or any other public servant. Dogwood Days ~ 10/11/16 ~ ★★
It's a small world - You know the song, sing along! Read a book with children in the story. Genie in a Beanie ~ 9/20/16 ~ ★★★
Pirates of the Caribbean - "Yo Ho, Yo Ho, a Pirate's Life for Me!" Read a book set in Caribbean, on an island or pirates, thieves or a crime in story. Holding Strong ~ 9/30/16 ~ ★★★
Haunted Mansion - Ride your Doom Buggie though a mansion haunted by 999 spirits! Read a PNR or a book with a mansion on the cover. Wicked ~ 10/5/16 ~ ★★★★
'70s
Hyperspace Mountain - Fly through space fighting evil! Read a sci-fi romance or good vs evil story. Hainted ~ 9/25/16 ~ ★★★★★
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - The wildest ride in the west! Read a western romance or a book set in the west. Collide ~ 10/14/16 ~ ★★★★★

'80s:
Pinocchio's Daring Journey - Will Pinocchio find his way home to Gepetto? Read a book that has redemption of a character as part of story. Everneath ~ 9/28/16 ~ ★★★★
Star Tours: The Adventures Continue - Take a ride through space with some of your favorite droids! Read a book that features technology in it. Fish and Ghosts ~ 10/12/16 ~ ★★★1/2
Splash Mountain - Remember Br'er Rabbit? Ride a log through scenes from Songs of the South before taking a big plunge! Read a book set in the south. Torn ~ 10/6/16 ~ ★★★1/2

'90s:
Astro Orbitor - Pilot your own rocket ship over Tomorrowland! Read a book with a pilot or plane in the story, or one with a planet on the cover. Evertrue ~ 10/23/16 ~ ★★1/2
Gadget's Go Coaster - Ride a roller coaster created by an inventive mouse! Read a book with a clever character. Lime Gelatin and Other Monsters ~ 10/15/16 ~ ★★★★
Indiana Jones Adventure - Careen through the Temple of Forbidden Eye with Indiana Jones! Read a book that is an adventure or one where the MCs go on an adventure. A Dangerous Thing ~ 10/22/16 ~ ★★★★
Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin - Follow Roger Rabbit through the wacky streets of Toontown and he tries to get a kidnapped Jessica Rabbit back! Read a Romantic Suspense. Fish & Chips ~ 11/7/16 ~ ★★★★★

2000s:
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - Visit Hundred Acre Wood with Winnie and friends! Read a book that has good friends as characters. City of Ashes ~ 10/17/16 ~ ★★★★★
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters - Battle for the highest score as you help Buzz Lightyear defeat the Evil Emperor Zurg! Read a book with a competitive character, or one with green, blue or toys on the cover. Into You ~ 10/17/16 ~ ★★★★
Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage - Take an underwater journey featuring characters from Finding Nemo while the seagulls perched on a buoy make their familiar call of "Mine! Mine! Mine!" Read a book about family or one with a possessive hero. It's a Wonderful Fireman ~ 10/15/16 ~ ★★★★

California Screaming' - It's your classic rollercoaster - one of the smoothest I've ever ridden! Read a story that turns you upside down or leaves you feeling that way. Everbound ~ 10/17/16 ~ ★★★★★
Grizzly River Run - Whitewater raft down a California river! Read a book with animals or shifters in the story or on the cover. Holiday Sparks ~ 11/16/16 ~ ★★★★
Radiator Springs Racers - Race, literally, through the deserts of Cars Land! Read a book featuring sports or an athlete. Tough Love ~ 10/10/16 ~ ★★★
Soarin' Around the World - Take an airborne flight over the wonders of the world! Read a beautiful or epic story. Dance With Me ~ 11/7/16 ~ ★★★★
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror - Travel through the Hollywood Tower Hotel where five unlucky souls disappeared on Halloween many years ago! Read a scary story or one with scary characters. Or read a book that takes place in a hotel. Dance with the Devil ~ 10/8/16 ~ ★★★★

message 41: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 279 comments I'll do this too, it sound really good!

message 42: by MyzanM (last edited Dec 04, 2016 11:38PM) (new)

MyzanM | 317 comments I'm in for Disney Lover...
Though I suppose I will end up in the Extreme.... which I did!

COMPLETED!

Progress: 36/36 + 5

✔️Autopia - Read a road trip romance or a book with any mode of transport on cover. Too Hard to Handle, Oct.8 (motorcycle on cover)

✔️Disneyland Railroad - Read a book where travel is part of the story or one that has a long distance romance. The Vaticinator Oct.10 (they travel to Siberia and back during the book)

✔️Jungle Cruise - Read a book with an outdoorsy MC or one with wildlife on the cover. Alaska, with Love, Sept. 19 (Josh is outdoorsy typ of person who helps out at a wilderness reserve as a vacation)

✔️King Arthur Carrousel - Read a historical romance or a book featuring nobility. Claimed, Oct.3

✔️Mad Tea Party - Read a silly or funny story. Love for the Cold-Blooded, or The Part-Time Evil Minion's Guide to Accidentally Dating a Superhero, Oct.21

✔️Main Street Cinema - Read a book with an artist or star as a prominent character. Eversea Sept.23

✔️Mark Twain Riverboat - Read a book set in US.The Tycoon's Revenge Sept.17

✔️Mr. Toad's Wild Ride - Read a book with a bad boy hero or a character who has a troubled past. Seven Day Fiancé Sept.20 (MC is a bad boy in the sence that he's a womanizer)

✔️Peter Pan's Flight - Read a book set in England or a fantasy of any sort. The Wanderers, Oct.27

✔️Snow White's Scary Adventures - Read a book with a kind character or one where the characters find true love.Untrained Fascination, Oct.10

✔️Storybook Land Canal Boats - Read an anthology or a book with a character who is bigger than life. Dirty English, Oct.30

✔️Casey Jr. Circus Train - Read a book where a character has to overcome some sort of issue/struggle. The Vaticinator, Oct.10

✔️Dumbo the Flying Elephant - Read a book with a character who has to believe in themselves. Protecting Caroline Sept.27 (Caroline needs to believe in herself)

✔️Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island - Read a book set on an island or any tropical setting or on cover. Maid for Love Sept.26 (Set on fictional Gansett Island)

✔️Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes - Read a book with a body of water as setting or in story or one with water on the cover. Forever, Oct.21

✔️Alice in Wonderland - Read a stand alone romance, one not in a series. The Wall of Winnipeg and Me, Nov.10

✔️Sailing Ship Columbia - Read a book takes place in two countries or one with something round on the cover. Blind Landing, Sept.27 (set in USA & Brazil + olympic rings on cover)

✔️Disneyland Monorail - Read a futuristic romance or one with a geek/nerd character. Dracon, Oct.10

✔️Matterhorn Bobsleds - Read a book set in Europe. The Preacher, Sept 25 (Set in Sweden)

'60s and '70s: 6/6

✔️Enchanted Tiki Room - Read a book with flowers or birds on the cover, or one with a singer as a character. The Color Purple, Oct.10

✔️The Disneyland Story presenting Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln - Read a book with children in the story. The Ice Twins, Sept 16

✔️Pirates of the Caribbean - Read a book set in Caribbean, on an island or pirates, thieves or a crime in story. Miss Smilla's Feeling For Snow, Sept 16

✔️Haunted Mansion - Read a PNR or a book with a mansion on the cover. Theirs, Sept 18 (PNR)

✔️Hyperspace Mountain - Read a sci-fi romance or good vs evil story. Ja'Rael's Lioness, Sept.17 (Sci-Fi romance)

✔️Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - Read a western romance or a book set in the west. The Cowboy's E-Mail Order Bride, Nov.22

✔️Pinocchio's Daring Journey - Read a book that has redemption of a character as part of story. UnBonded, Nov.8

✔️Star Tours - Read a book that features technology in it. Venomous, Nov.2

✔️Splash Mountain - Read a book set in the south. Howl For It, Nov.27

'90s: 4/4

✔️Astro Orbitor - Read a book with a pilot or plane in the story, or one with a planet on the cover. Anything but Minor, Sept.30 (Alice is a pilot)

✔️Gadget's Go Coaster - Read a book with a clever character. The Girl Who Saved the King of Sweden, Nov.7

✔️Indiana Jones Adventure - Read a book that is an adventure or one where the MCs go on an adventure. Unexplored, Sept.27 (Treasure hunting)

✔️Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin - Read a Romantic Suspense. The Liar, Oct.12

✔️The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - Read a book that has good friends as characters. Team: Bear, Oct.25

✔️Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters - Read a book with a competitive character, or one with green, blue or toys on the cover. An Ace in the Tiebreak, Sept.29 (Robin is a professional tennisplayer and participates in turnaments during the book)

✔️Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage - Read a book about family or one with a possessive hero. Claimed, Oct.3 (Sorvar is prossessive)

Micky Mouse Forever! - Bonus Level 5/0-5 (any or all)

✔️California Screamin' - Read a story that turns you upside down or leaves you feeling that way. Björnstad, Oct.19

✔️Grizzly River Run - Read a book with animals animals or shifters in the story or on the cover. Ours, Sept.18

✔️Radiator Springs Racers - Read a book featuring sports or an athlete. Safety Net, Oct.20

✔️Soarin' Around the World - Read a beautiful or epic story. Rebel Queen, Oct.8

✔️The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror - Read a scary story or one with scary characters. Or read a book that takes place in a hotel. Warrior of the Nile, Nov.24

message 43: by Lily (last edited Dec 14, 2016 11:29AM) (new)

Lily (lilygcs) | 200 comments Micky Mouse Forever! - Sept 15th - Dec 14th

36/36 ~ finished Dec 12th

Opening Day Rides
Autopia - Fight the Tide by Keira Andrews ~ 9/24/16 ~ 4★
Disneyland Railroad - His Favorite Color Is Blood: Coffin Nails MC by K.A. Merikan ~ 11/26/16 ~ 4★
Jungle Cruise - Commitment Ranch by B.A. Tortuga ~ 10/3/16 ~ 3.5★
King Arthur Carrousel - Such a Dance by Kate McMurray ~ 10/23/16 ~ 4★
Mad Tea Party - Damned If You Do by Marie Sexton ~ 10/18/16 ~ 3.5★
Main Street Cinema - Selfie by Amy Lane ~ 11/29/16 ~ 4★
Mark Twain Riverboat - Liar by Jane Seville ~ 10/29/16 ~ 3★
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride - Guns n' Boys: Swamp Blood by K.A. Merikan ~ 12/8/16 ~ 4★
Peter Pan's Flight - Custom Fit by Josephine Myles ~ 10/10/16 ~ 3.5★
Snow White's Scary Adventures - How to Wish Upon a Star by Eli Easton ~ 9/29/19 ~ 4★
Storybook Land Canal Boats - Dogtags and Cowboy Boots: A Collection by Sean Michael ~ 11/10/16 ~ 3★

'50s
Casey Jr. Circus Train - Spindrift by Jules Jones ~ 9/30/16 ~ 3.5★
Dumbo the Flying Elephant - The Understatement of the Year by Sarina Bowen ~ 12/12/16 ~ 3.5★
Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island - Close to You by Skylar M. Cates ~ 10/31/16 ~ 4★
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes - Aced by Ella Frank & Brooke Blaine ~ 10/2/16 ~ 4★
Alice in Wonderland - With All My Heart by Quinn Anderson ~ 10/30/16 ~ 3★
Sailing Ship Columbia - Duke in Hiding by M.J. O'Shea ~ 10/11/16 ~ 3★
Disneyland Monorail - Guardian by Sierra Riley ~ 10/6/16 ~ 3.5★
Matterhorn Bobsleds - Cold Fusion by Harper Fox ~ 12/3/16 ~ 3.5★

'60s
Enchanted Tiki Room - Chasing the Swallows by John Inman ~ 9/26/16 ~ 3.5★
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln - Engaged To Win by Aubrey Cullens ~ 11/4/16 ~ 3.5★
It's a Small World - Devoted by Sierra Riley ~ 11/3/16 ~ 3.5★
Pirates of the Caribbean - Smoke & Mirrors by Charlie Cochet ~ 11/13/16 ~ 5★
Haunted Mansion - Fae For All by Lisa Oliver ~ 9/16/16 ~ 3.5★

'70s
Hyperspace Mountain - Mending the Rift by Chris T. Kat ~ 11/26/16 ~ 3.5★
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - Finding Home by Sloane Kennedy ~ 9/26/16 ~ 3.5★

'80s
Pinocchio's Daring Journey - Scars and Secrets by Avril Ashton ~ 11/22/16 ~ 4★
Star Tours: The Adventures Continue - Salvation by Sloane Kennedy 11/6/16 ~ 4★
Splash Mountain - Down South by C.E. Kilgore ~ 11/25/16 ~ 3.5★

Mark Twain Riverboat - Unraveling Josh by Edie danford ~ 9/22/16 ~ 3.5★
Matterhorn Bobsleds - Rented Heart by Garrett Leigh ~ 10/13/16 ~ 3.5★

California Screamin' - Life, Some Assembly Required by Kaje Harper ~ 9/17/16 ~ 4★
Grizzly River Run - Watching Out For Fangs by Lisa Oliver ~ 10/14/16 ~ 3.5★
Radiator Springs Racers - Save of the Game by Avon Gale ~ 11/28/16 ~ 4★
Soarin' Around the World - A Second Harvest by Eli Easton ~ 10/10/16 ~ 4★
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror - My Zombie Fiancé by T. Strange ~ 10/22/16 ~ 3.5★

message 44: by Katherine (last edited Oct 04, 2016 06:11AM) (new)

Katherine | 279 comments ★✩★✩★ The Happiest Place on Earth. ★✩★✩★ 15th Sep - 14th Dec 2016. Part 1.
Extreme Disney Addict + Bonus Level. Read: 19/19

Opening Day Rides:
Autopia: Yowamushi Pedal, Go! Vol. 1 20/9/16
Disneyland Railroad: Jem and the Holograms Vol. 1: Showtime 23/9/16
Jungle Cruise: Lumberjanes #21 23/9/16
King Arthur Carrousel: The Indomitable Eve: A Montana Romance Novella 24/9/16
Mad Tea Party: KAZUAKI-KUN's BOOK 22/9/16
Main Street Cinema: Let's Call The Whole Thing Off 2/10/16
Mark Twain Riverboat: Hopelessly Devoted to You 3/10/16
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride: Kick-Ass 2 #1 15/9/26
Peter Pan's Flight: A World Without Princes 28/9/16
Snow White's Scary Adventures: All for You 18/9/16
Storybook Land Canal Boats: Kick-Ass 2 n. 2 21/9/16

'50s:
Casey Jr. Circus Train: The Sworn Sword: The Graphic Novel 18/9/16
Dumbo the Flying Elephant: Lumberjanes #17 20/9/16
Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island: Lumberjanes #18 21/9/16
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes: Bold New Horizons 22/9/16
Alice in Wonderland: My Big Curvy Dating Dilemma: A BBW Curvy Romance 4/10/16
Sailing Ship Columbia: Lumberjanes #29 4/10/16
Disneyland Monorail: Lumberjanes #19 22/9/16
Matterhorn Bobsleds: Zom-B Family 15/9/16

Book's Read:
Kick-Ass 2 #1 by Mark Millar Yowamushi Pedal, Go! Vol. 1 by Wataru Watanabe All for You (Laurel Heights, #8.5) by Kate Perry Kick-Ass 2 n. 2 by Mark Millar Lumberjanes #21 by Shannon Watters Jem and the Holograms Vol. 1 Showtime (Jem and the Holograms #1) by Kelly Thompson KAZUAKI-KUN's BOOK by Hato Moa The Indomitable Eve A Montana Romance Novella by Merry Farmer The Sworn Sword The Graphic Novel by Ben Avery Lumberjanes #17 by Shannon Watters Lumberjanes #18 by Shannon Watters Bold New Horizons (Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow, #12) by Rob Kidd Lumberjanes #19 (Lumberjanes #19 19) by Shannon Watters A World Without Princes (The School for Good and Evil, #2) by Soman Chainani My Big Curvy Dating Dilemma A BBW Curvy Romance (My Big Curvy Life Book 1) by Lorna Souther Zom-B Family (Zom-B, #9) by Darren Shan Let's Call The Whole Thing Off by Jill Steeples Hopelessly Devoted to You by Jill Steeples Lumberjanes #29 by Shannon Watters

message 45: by Katherine (last edited Oct 04, 2016 06:13AM) (new)

Katherine | 279 comments ★✩★✩★ The Happiest Place on Earth. ★✩★✩★ 15th Sep - 14th Dec 2016. Part 2.
Extreme Disney Addict + Bonus Level. Read: 10/10

'60s
Enchanted Tiki Room: Jem and The Holograms #1 22/9/16
The Disneyland Story presenting: iZombie, Vol. 4: Repossession 22/9/16
It's a small world: Lumberjanes #20 22/9/16
Pirates of the Caribbean: Poseidon's Peak 19/9/16
Haunted Mansion: Her Fallen Angel 3/10/16

'70s
Hyperspace Mountain: Marauder Cygnus 3/10/16
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad: Married to Maggie 4/10/16

'80s:
Pinocchio's Daring Journey: The Cold King 4/10/16
Star Tours: The Adventures Continue: Lumberjanes #26 29/9/16
Splash Mountain: Lumberjanes #27 29/9/16

Book's Read:
Poseidon's Peak (Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow, #11) by Rob Kidd Jem and The Holograms #1 (Jem and the Holograms, #1) by Kelly Thompson iZombie, Vol. 4 Repossession (iZombie #4) by Chris Roberson Lumberjanes #20 by Shannon Watters Lumberjanes #26 by Shannon Watters Lumberjanes #27 (Lumberjanes, #27) by Shannon Watters Her Fallen Angel (Her Angel, #2) by Felicity Heaton Marauder Cygnus (Mating Wars #1) by Aya Morningstar Married to Maggie (Texas Boys Falling Fast) by Jan Romes The Cold King by Amber Jaeger

message 46: by Katherine (last edited Oct 04, 2016 06:18AM) (new)

Katherine | 279 comments ★✩★✩★ The Happiest Place on Earth. ★✩★✩★ 15th Sep - 14th Dec 2016. Part 3.
Extreme Disney Addict + Bonus Level. Read: 12/12

'90s:
Astro Orbitor: Moon & Madly (A Retelling of the Little Mermaid): A Grimm Diary 4/10/16
Gadget's Go Coaster: Lumberjanes #21 25/9/16
Indiana Jones Adventure: Lumberjanes #28 4/10/16
Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin: Keeping Kylee 4/10/16

2000s:
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: Lumberjanes #22 25/9/16
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters: Lumberjanes #23 25/9/16
Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage: Jem and the Holograms (2015-): Holiday Special 23/9/16

California Screamin': Lumberjanes #25 27/9/16
Grizzly River Run: When an Alpha Purrs 4/10/16
Radiator Springs Racers: Yowamushi Pedal, Go! Vol. 2 4/10/16
Soarin' Around the World: Lumberjanes #24 27/9/16
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror: Wizards 3/10/16

Book's Read:
Jem and the Holograms (2015-) Holiday Special by Kelly Thompson Lumberjanes #21 by Shannon Watters Lumberjanes #22 by Shannon Watters Lumberjanes #23 (Lumberjanes, #23) by Shannon Watters Lumberjanes #24 by Shannon Watters Lumberjanes #25 by Shannon Watters Moon & Madly (A Retelling of the Little Mermaid) A Grimm Diary by Cameron Jace Lumberjanes #28 by Shannon Waters Keeping Kylee by Jan Romes When an Alpha Purrs (A Lion's Pride, #1) by Eve Langlais Yowamushi Pedal, Go! Vol. 2 by Wataru Watanabe Wizards (PhD Phantasy Degree #8) by Hee-Joon Son

message 47: by Breann (last edited Sep 23, 2016 08:32AM) (new)

Breann | 0 comments Me! I'll try Extreme Disney Addict

Read: 3/?

Opening Day Rides:
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride: Memory in Death 9/18 ★★★★☆
Peter Pan's Flight: The Best Man 9/16 ★★★★☆

'50s:

'60s
Pirates of the Caribbean: Open Waters 9/15 ★★★☆☆
'70s

'80s:

'90s:
Astro Orbitor - Pilot your own rocket ship over Tomorrowland! Read a book with a pilot or plane in the story, or one with a planet on the cover.
Gadget's Go Coaster - Ride a roller coaster created by an inventive mouse! Read a book with a clever character.

2000s:
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters - Battle for the highest score as you help Buzz Lightyear defeat the Evil Emperor Zurg! Read a book with a competitive character, or one with green, blue or toys on the cover.
Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage - Take an underwater journey featuring characters from Finding Nemo while the seagulls perched on a buoy make their familiar call of "Mine! Mine! Mine!" Read a book about family or one with a possessive hero.

message 48: by Becky (last edited Dec 12, 2016 11:52AM) (new)

Becky (fibrobabe) | 1384 comments What the hell. Micky Mouse Forever!

38/41

Opening Day Rides:
Autopia - The original road trip ride! Read a road trip romance or a book with any mode of transport on cover. Trust the Focus (In Focus #1) by Megan Erickson road trip- read 10/25-10/26
Disneyland Railroad - Travel throughout Disneyland on this railroad! Read a book where travel is part of the story or one that has a long distance romance. The Holiday Hoax by Skylar M. Cates they take a train to one of the MC's homes for Christmas read 12/11
Jungle Cruise - Wild river adventure! Read a book with an outdoorsy MC or one with wildlife on the cover. Shying Away (Shying Away #1) by Kate Sherwood the MCs work on a horse farm. read 10/13
King Arthur Carrousel - Ride a regal steed as inspired by the Knights of the Round Table! Read a historical romance or a book featuring nobility. Hexmaker (Hexworld, #2) by Jordan L. Hawk read 10/14-10/16
Mad Tea Party - Round and round you go, how fast - only you know! Read a silly or funny story. Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1) by Penny Reid read 10/3-10/4
Main Street Cinema - Enter a classic movie palace and see some early Disney animation! Read a book with an artist or star as a prominent character. If It Drives (Market Garden, #7) by L.A. Witt one of the MCs is a writer read 10/1
Mark Twain Riverboat - Cruise the Rivers of America on a steam powered paddle wheeler! Read a book set in US. Take Me Home (Belladonna Ink, #2) by Lorelie Brown read 11/24-11/25
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride - Take a manic drive over the English countryside creating mayhem in your wake! Read a book with a bad boy hero or a character who has a troubled past. Beyond Innocence (Beyond, #6) by Kit Rocha Everyone in this series has a troubled past. read 9/26-9/27
Peter Pan's Flight - Take a flight over London with Peter Pan! Read a book set in England or a fantasy of any sort. Out! (Shamwell Tales, #3) by J.L. Merrow set in England read 10/23-10/24
Snow White's Scary Adventures - Follow Snow White as she flees the Evil Queen! Read a book with a kind character or one where the characters find true love. A Night to Surrender (Spindle Cove, #1) by Tessa Dare read 10/5-10/6
Storybook Land Canal Boats - Take a 'mini' boat tour of fairytale lands! Read an anthology or a book with a character who is bigger than life. Fierce & Fabulous (Sassy Boyz, #1) by Elizabeth Varlet read 10/16-10/17

'50s:
Casey Jr. Circus Train - "I think I can, I think I can..." Read a book where a character has to overcome some sort of issue/struggle. Unbound by Cara McKenna hero gets treatment for alcoholism- read 9/22-9/23
Dumbo the Flying Elephant - "If you believe in yourself, anything is possible!" Read a book with a character who has to believe in themself. Prickly By Nature (Portland Pack Chronicles, #2) by Piper Vaughn read 10/6-10/8
Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island - On an island in the Rivers of America is a secret hideaway where any adventure can happen! Read a book set on an island or any tropical setting or on cover. Lovers Leap by J.L. Merrow set on the Isle of Wight read 11/9-11/10
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes - Paddle your way around Tom Sawyer's Island! Read a book with a body of water as setting or in story or one with water on the cover. Far from Home (Belladonna Ink, #1) by Lorelie Brown Pacific ocean in background of cover- read 11/10-11/12
Alice in Wonderland - Journey down the Rabbit Hole on a Disneyland exclusive, this ride is not found in any other Disney park! Read a stand alone romance, one not in a series. Believe It or Not A Quirky Romantic Comedy for Summer Reading by Tawna Fenske read 10/18-10/20
Sailing Ship Columbia - This ship is based on ship that discovered the Columbia River and was first American ship to circumnavigate the globe. Read a book takes place in two countries or one with something round on the cover. The Auspicious Troubles of Chance (The Auspicious Troubles of Love, #1) by Charlie Cochet takes place in England, the US, and Africa read 11/18
Disneyland Monorail - The first transportation of its kind in America and styled with the popular space age look of the time! Read a futuristic romance or one with a geek/nerd character. Illusion Town (Ghost Hunters, #13) by Jayne Castle takes place in the future, on another planet 9/29-9/30
Matterhorn Bobsleds - Ride an Alpine Sled around the famous Matterhorn. Read a book set in Europe. The Affair of the Porcelain Dog (Ira Adler #1) by Jess Faraday read 12/6-12/9

'60s and '70s:
'60s

Enchanted Tiki Room - Enjoy a musical celebration where topical birds and flowers come to life! Read a book with flowers or birds on the cover, or one with a singer as a character. Aliens, Smith and Jones by Blaine D. Arden flowering shrubs on the cover read 10/22
it's a small world - You know the song, sing along! Read a book with children in the story. Enjoy the Dance (Dancing, #2) by Heidi Cullinan read 10/11
Pirates of the Caribbean - "Yo Ho, Yo Ho, a Pirate's Life for Me!" Read a book set in Caribbean, on an island or pirates, thieves or a crime in story. When a Scot Ties the Knot (Castles Ever After, #3) by Tessa Dare set in Scotland read 11/12-11/13
Haunted Mansion - Ride your Doom Buggie though a mansion haunted by 999 spirits! Read a PNR or a book with a mansion on the cover. Betrayals (Cainsville, #4) by Kelley Armstrong read 11/15-11/17
'70s
Hyperspace Mountain - Fly through space fighting evil! Read a sci-fi romance or good vs evil story. Ice Planet Barbarians (Ice Planet Barbarians, #1) by Ruby Dixon heroine was kidnapped by aliens read 10/8-10/9
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - The wildest ride in the west! Read a western romance or a book set in the west. Sight Unseen by Hunter Raines - set in Phoenix, AZ- read 9/20-9/21

'80s:
Star Tours: The Adventures Continue - Take a ride through space with some of your favorite droids! Read a book that features technology in it. Loud and Clear by Aidan Wayne heroes use text to speech and speech to text to communicate read 11/4-11/5
Splash Mountain - Remember Br'er Rabbit? Ride a log through scenes from Songs of the South before taking a big plunge! Read a book set in the south. Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1) by Katie McGarry read 11/14-11/15

'90s:
Astro Orbitor - Pilot your own rocket ship over Tomorrowland! Read a book with a pilot or plane in the story, or one with a planet on the cover. Barbarian Alien (Ice Planet Barbarians, #2) by Ruby Dixon read 10/30
Gadget's Go Coaster - Ride a roller coaster created by an inventive mouse! Read a book with a clever character. The Soldier's Scoundrel by Cat Sebastian read 11/20-11/21
Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin Follow Roger Rabbit through the wacky streets of Toontown and he tries to get a kidnapped Jessica Rabbit back! Read a Romantic Suspense. A Christmas Hex (Hexworld #2.5) by Jordan L. Hawk read 11/30

2000s:
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - Visit Hundred Acre Wood with Winnie and friends! Read a book that has good friends as characters. Love a Little Sideways (Kowalski Family, #7) by Shannon Stacey read 12/4-12/5
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters - Battle for the highest score as you help Buzz Lightyear defeat the Evil Emperor Zurg! Read a book with a competitive character, or one with green, blue or toys on the cover. Will & Patrick Do the Holidays (Wake Up Married, #3) by Leta Blake read 11/29-11/30
Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage - Read a book about family or one with a possessive hero. Beyond Possession (Beyond, #5.5) by Kit Rocha - read 9/15

California Screamin' - It's your classic rollercoaster - one of the smoothest I've ever ridden! Read a story that turns you upside down or leaves you feeling that way. What Remains by Garrett Leigh Characters lives' are turned upside down by a traumatic brain injury read 11/19-11/20
Grizzly River Run - Whitewater raft down a California river! Read a book with animals animals or shifters in the story or on the cover. Kick at the Darkness (Kick at the Darkness, #1) by Keira Andrews read 11/28-11/29
Radiator Springs Racers - Race, literally, through the deserts of Cars Land! Read a book featuring sports or an athlete. Dance With Me (Dancing, #1) by Heidi Cullinan read 10/9-10/10
Soarin' Around the World - Take an airborne flight over the wonders of the world! Read a beautiful or epic story. Counterbalance by Aidan Wayne read 12/10
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror - Travel through the Hollywood Tower Hotel where five unlucky souls disappeared on Halloween many years ago! Read a scary story or one with scary characters. Or read a book that takes place in a hotel. Hunting Season (The Twenty-Sided Sorceress, #4) by Annie Bellet set in part at a B&B- -read 10/27-10/29

message 49: by Shelby (last edited Dec 24, 2016 01:46AM) (new)

Shelby (stang_lee) | 1597 comments RRRC Quarterly Challenge - Msg
September 15, 2016 - December 14, 2016

41/41

Opening Day Rides :
☑ Autopia ~ Cover: Mode of Transportation - Casket of Souls (9/17) ★★★★★
☑ Disneyland Railroad - Plot: Travel - An Eye for an Eye (9/29) ★★★
☑ Jungle Cruise - MC: Outdoorsy - Promises (10/9) ★★★𗰵
☑ King Arthur Carrousel - Genre: Historical Romance - A Gentleman's Position (9/29) ★★★★★
☑ Mad Tea Party ~ Genre: Silly/Humor - Femme (9/18) ★★★
☑ Main Street Cinema - MC: Artist - A Fortunate Blizzard (9/22) ★★★★★
☑ Mark Twain Riverboat ~ Location: US - Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking (9/19) ★★★★★
☑ Mr. Toad's Wild Ride - MC: Troubled Past - Bone Crossed (9/22) ★★★★½
☑ Peter Pan's Flight - Location: London - Remnant: A Caldwell & Feximal/Whyborne & Griffin Mystery (9/23) ★★★★
☑ Snow White's Scary Adventures - MC: Finds True Love - Hexbreaker (9/24) ★★★★★
☑ Storybook Land Canal Boats - Anthology: Bones (10/23) ★★★★

'50s :
☑ Casey Jr. Circus Train ~ MC: Overcome Issue/Struggle - Firecracker (9/15) ★★★½
☑ Dumbo the Flying Elephant - MC: Has to Believe In Themselves - Crucible of Fate (9/23) ★★★★½
☑ Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island - Location: Island - Reifu Rising (10/29) ★★★★
☑ Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes - Cover: Water - Natural Instincts (9/20) ★★★½
☑ Alice in Wonderland - Genre: Stand Alone - Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda (10/17) ★★★★★
☑ Sailing Ship Columbia - Location: Two Countries - Temper Sanguine (10/2) ★★★★
☑ Disneyland Monorail - Time: Futuristic Romance - Afterimage (10/6) ★★★★
☑ Matterhorn Bobsleds - Location: Europe - The God of Jazz: Fugue, Concord (10/31) ★★★½

'60s and '70s:
'60s
☑ Enchanted Tiki Room - MC: Singer - Jinxed (10/16) ★★★★
☑ The Disneyland Story presenting Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln - MC: Politician/Public Servant - Playing to Win (10/6) ★★★★½
☑ It's a small world - Plot: Children - Of Dark and Bright (10/10) ★★★★½
☑ Pirates of the Caribbean - MC: Thief - Hexmaker (10/25) ★★★★★
☑ Haunted Mansion - Genre: Paranormal - His Hearth (10/7) ★★★
'70s
☑ Hyperspace Mountain - Genre: Sci-fi - Collared (10/18) ★★★★
☑ Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - Location: West - The Filly (10/9) ★★★

'80s:
☑ Pinocchio's Daring Journey - MC: Redemption - Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake (11/27) ★★★★★
☑ Star Tours: The Adventures Continue - Plot: Technology - Connection Error (10/28) ★★★★★
☑ Splash Mountain - Location: South - Pray The Gay Away (10/12) ★★½

'90s:
☑ Astro Orbitor - Plot: Pilot - Clockwork Heart (11/17) ★★★★★
☑ Gadget's Go Coaster - MC: Clever - Relief Valve (9/28) ★★★½
☑ Indiana Jones Adventure - Genre: Adventure - Stealing Snow (10/12) ★★★
☑ Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin - Genre: Romantic Suspense - Brody's Vow (11/27) ★★★★

2000s:
☑ The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - Plot: Good Friends as Characters - Black Blades (9/27) ★★★★
☑ Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters - Cover: Green - Songs of the Earth (10/8) ★★★𗰵
☑ Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage ~ Plot: Family - Sense of Place (9/20) ★★★★★

☑ California Screamin' - Plot: Turns You Upside Down - The Glass House (9/25) ★★★★★
☑ Grizzly River Run - MC: Shifter - Some Kind of Magic (10/26) ★★★★½
☑ Radiator Springs Racers - MC: Athlete - Overtime (10/19) ★★★★
☑ Soarin' Around the World - Epic Story - Clockwork Prince (11/30) ★★★★★
☑ The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror - Location: Hotel - Late Night Snack (10/2) ★★★★

Casket of Souls (Nightrunner, #6) by Lynn Flewelling An Eye for an Eye (Santorno, #2) by Sandrine Gasq-Dion Promises (Coda Books, #1) by Marie Sexton A Gentleman's Position (Society of Gentlemen, #3) by K.J. Charles Femme by Marshall Thornton A Fortunate Blizzard by L.C. Chase Quiet The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson, #4) by Patricia Briggs Remnant A Caldwell & Feximal/Whyborne & Griffin Mystery (The Secret Casebook of Simon Feximal, #3; Whyborne & Griffin, #3.5) by K.J. Charles Hexbreaker (Hexworld, #1) by Jordan L. Hawk Bones (Gothika #2) by Eli Easton Firecracker by Charles R. Verhey Crucible of Fate (Change of Heart, #4) by Mary Calmes Reifu Rising by Becca Abbott Natural Instincts (Instincts, #1) by S.J. Frost Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli Temper Sanguine (Sanguine, #2) by Lou Harper Afterimage (In The Company of Shadows, #2) by Santino Hassell The God of Jazz Fugue, Concord by Varian Krylov Jinxed (The Rock Series #2) by Sandrine Gasq-Dion Of Dark and Bright (Dark Horse, #3) by Kate Sherwood Hexmaker (Hexworld, #2) by Jordan L. Hawk Playing to Win (Glasgow Lads, #2) by Avery Cockburn His Hearth (Warder #1) by Mary Calmes Collared by Kari Gregg The Filly (Dark Horse) by Kate Sherwood Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake (Love By Numbers, #1) by Sarah MacLean Connection Error (#gaymers, #3) by Annabeth Albert Pray The Gay Away (A Southern Thing, #1) by Sara York Clockwork Heart (Clockwork Love, #1) by Heidi Cullinan Relief Valve (The Plumber's Mate #2) by J.L. Merrow Stealing Snow (Stealing Snow, #1) by Danielle Paige Brody's Vow (Colebrook Siblings Trilogy #1) by Kaylea Cross Black Blades (Rifter #3) by Ginn Hale Songs of the Earth (Sumeria's Sons #2) by Lexi Ander Sense of Place (Thomas Elkin, #3) by N.R. Walker The Glass House by Suki Fleet Some Kind of Magic (Beings In Love #1) by R. Cooper Overtime (Scoring Chances #3.5) by Avon Gale Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare Late Night Snack (Sanguine, #1.5) by Lou Harper

message 50: by Jojo (new)

Jojo | 1010 comments The Happiest Place on Earth Quarterly Challenge

0/?

Opening Day Rides:
Autopia: The original road trip ride! Read a road trip romance or a book with any mode of transport on cover.
Disneyland Railroad: - Travel throughout Disneyland on this railroad! Read a book where travel is part of the story or one that has a long distance romance.
Jungle Cruise: - Wild river adventure! Read a book with an outdoorsy MC or one with wildlife on the cover.
King Arthur Carrousel: - Ride a regal steed as inspired by the Knights of the Round Table! Read a historical romance or a book featuring nobility.
Mad Tea Party: - Round and round you go, how fast - only you know! Read a silly or funny story.
Main Street Cinema: - Enter a classic movie palace and see some early Disney animation! Read a book with an artist or star as a prominent character.
Mark Twain Riverboat: - Cruise the Rivers of America on a steam powered paddle wheeler! Read a book set in US.
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride: - Take a manic drive over the English countryside creating mayhem in your wake! Read a book with a bad boy hero or a character who has a troubled past.
Peter Pan's Flight: - Take a flight over London with Peter Pan! Read a book set in England or a fantasy of any sort.
Snow White's Scary Adventures: - Follow Snow White as she flees the Evil Queen! Read a book with a kind character or one where the characters find true love.
Storybook Land Canal Boats: - Take a 'mini' boat tour of fairytale lands! Read an anthology or a book with a character who is bigger than life.

'50s:
Casey Jr. Circus Train: - "I think I can, I think I can..." Read a book where a character has to overcome some sort of issue/struggle.
Dumbo the Flying Elephant: - "If you believe in yourself, anything is possible!" Read a book with a character who has to believe in themself.
Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island: - On an island in the Rivers of America is a secret hideaway where any adventure can happen! Read a book set on an island or any tropical setting or on cover.
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes: - Paddle your way around Tom Sawyer's Island! Read a book with a body of water as setting or in story or one with water on the cover.
Alice in Wonderland: - Journey down the Rabbit Hole on a Disneyland exclusive, this ride is not found in any other Disney park! Read a stand alone romance, one not in a series.
Sailing Ship Columbia: - This ship is based on ship that discovered the Columbia River and was first American ship to circumnavigate the globe. Read a book takes place in two countries or one with something round on the cover.
Disneyland Monorail: - The first transportation of its kind in America and styled with the popular space age look of the time! Read a futuristic romance or one with a geek/nerd character.
Matterhorn Bobsleds: - Ride an Alpine Sled around the famous Matterhorn. Read a book set in Europe.

'60s
Enchanted Tiki Room: - Enjoy a musical celebration where topical birds and flowers come to life! Read a book with flowers or birds on the cover, or one with a singer as a character.
The Disneyland Story presenting Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln: - See Abraham Lincoln come to life! Read a book featuring a politician or any other public servant.
it's a small world: - You know the song, sing along! Read a book with children in the story.
Pirates of the Caribbean: - "Yo Ho, Yo Ho, a Pirate's Life for Me!" Read a book set in Caribbean, on an island or pirates, thieves or a crime in story.
Haunted Mansion: - Ride your Doom Buggie though a mansion haunted by 999 spirits! Read a PNR or a book with a mansion on the cover.

'70s
Hyperspace Mountain: - Fly through space fighting evil! Read a sci-fi romance or good vs evil story.
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad: - The wildest ride in the west! Read a western romance or a book set in the west.

'80s:
Pinocchio's Daring Journey: - Will Pinocchio find his way home to Gepetto? Read a book that has redemption of a character as part of story.
Star Tours: The Adventures Continue: - Take a ride through space with some of your favorite droids! Read a book that features technology in it.
Splash Mountain: - Remember Br'er Rabbit? Ride a log through scenes from Songs of the South before taking a big plunge! Read a book set in the south.

'90s:
Astro Orbitor: - Pilot your own rocket ship over Tomorrowland! Read a book with a pilot or plane in the story, or one with a planet on the cover.
Gadget's Go Coaster: - Ride a roller coaster created by an inventive mouse! Read a book with a clever character.
Indiana Jones Adventure: - Careen through the Temple of Forbidden Eye with Indiana Jones! Read a book that is an adventure or one where the MCs go on an adventure.
Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin: - Follow Roger Rabbit through the wacky streets of Toontown and he tries to get a kidnapped Jessica Rabbit back! Read a Romantic Suspense.

>b>2000s:
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: - Visit Hundred Acre Wood with Winnie and friends! Read a book that has good friends as characters.
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters: - Battle for the highest score as you help Buzz Lightyear defeat the Evil Emperor Zurg! Read a book with a competitive character, or one with green, blue or toys on the cover.
Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage: - Take an underwater journey featuring characters from Finding Nemo while the seagulls perched on a buoy make their familiar call of "Mine! Mine! Mine!" Read a book about family or one with a possessive hero.

« previous 1 3