What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Night Rainbow
This topic is about The Night Rainbow
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > Two sisters, set in France, mother lost a baby, father died... [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lucinda (new)

Lucinda | 3 comments Hi, this is driving me nuts! I actually BOUGHT this book, started it, put it down and I've lost it! I can't remember whats its called...but this I do know. There are two young sisters, and the book is set in France. They live with their mother, who it transpires was pregnant, but then came back from the hospital without the baby (I really hope my memory is correct). Their father died, I think it was a car accident? The mother is very depressed, and they tiptoe around her so that nothing sets her off. They mostly go and play every day, and they had started to befriend a man who had a dog. I think they used to go and eat peaches, and there was a person who used to deliver bread and leave it at the door. Thats all I can remember, I hope someone can help! Thank you.

message 2: by Emily (new)

Emily (ghejrc) | 10 comments I don't recognise this book but it sounds quite Joanne Harris-esque...could it possibly be something by her?

message 3: by Lucinda (new)

Lucinda | 3 comments Emily wrote: "I don't recognise this book but it sounds quite Joanne Harris-esque...could it possibly be something by her?"
Thanks for replying! I've scanned through her books - no luck. I just wish I could remember some part of the title, or the characters - or even what the cover looked like. Or, to find it! Haha! The search continues I guess...

message 4: by Thefrazysoul (new)

Thefrazysoul | 4 comments is it The night rainbow by Claire King?
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

message 5: by Lucinda (new)

Lucinda | 3 comments Thefrazysoul wrote: "is it The night rainbow by Claire King?
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1..."
OH!! OH!!!!! IT IS! Oh you star, I actually thought I was losing my marbles!!!!!! Oh, JOY thank you so much :D