Audiobooks discussion

The Burn Zone (Haan, #1)
This topic is about The Burn Zone
Free Promos for Review > The Burn Zone - Free SF for review

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by James (new) - added it

James Knapp (JamesKnapp) | 10 comments The audiobook version of The Burn Zone is now available (written under my pseudonym James K Decker), and I have some promo codes for anyone who might be interested in giving it a listen in exchange for an honest review. Here's the blurb:

Plagued by overpopulation, disease, and starvation, humanity was headed for extinction - until an alien race called the haan arrived. And then the real trouble began.

It's been a rough day for Sam Shao. As part of a program that requires humans to act as surrogates to haan infants, Sam has been genetically enhanced to bond with them. So when three soldiers invade her apartment and arrest her guardian for smuggling a dangerous weapon into the country, Sam can sense that something isn't right. One of his abductors is a haan masquerading as a human, and the supposedly fragile haan seems to be anything but. Racing through the city slums, trying to stay one step ahead of the mysterious haan soldier, Sam tries to find the man who, in her 20 years, has been the only father she's ever known.

Could he truly have done what he is accused of? Or did he witness something both human and haan would kill to keep hidden? The only thing certain is that the weapon is real - and lost now somewhere in a city of millions. Fighting the clock, Sam finds an ally in Nix, a haan envoy devoted to coexisting with humans, or so it seems. But what she really needs are answers. Fast. Or else everything she knows - and everyone she loves - will burn.

And here is the Audible link:

http://www.audible.com/pd/Sci-Fi-Fant...

Thanks, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!

Michael (Mobe1969) | 530 comments Wow, looks great. I love a good bio apocalypse novel. Too few of them around. Plenty of Zombie ones, but not plague. I'm interested in a review copy.

message 3: by James (new) - added it

James Knapp (JamesKnapp) | 10 comments Michael wrote: "Wow, looks great. I love a good bio apocalypse novel. Too few of them around. Plenty of Zombie ones, but not plague. I'm interested in a review copy."

Terrific! Just let me know where you'd like the promo code emailed and I'll send it your way (you can PM me if you don't want to post your email here).

message 4: by Leslie (new)

Leslie  | 173 comments @James--this looks fantastic and the narrator lovely from the sample! It would be my pleasure to review this book! My email = lesaly82@me.com . Thank you!! :)

message 5: by James (new) - added it

James Knapp (JamesKnapp) | 10 comments Leslie wrote: "@James--this looks fantastic and the narrator lovely from the sample! It would be my pleasure to review this book! My email = lesaly82@me.com . Thank you!! :)"

Excellent, thanks! She really did do an amazing job, she went above and beyond the call with all of the voice effects she used. I didn't even ask, she just sprang that on me :)

message 6: by Edward (new)

Edward Murphy (beachsided) | 573 comments I would like to give it a listen...jagsed5@hotmail.com

message 7: by James (new) - added it

James Knapp (JamesKnapp) | 10 comments Edward wrote: "I would like to give it a listen...jagsed5@hotmail.com"

Thanks Edward - the code is on its way!

message 8: by Leslie (new)

Leslie  | 173 comments @James--Got it, thank you so much! I just listened to the first few minutes, & really digging it so far! :)

message 9: by Edward (new)

Edward Murphy (beachsided) | 573 comments Thank You James

Harry H | 63 comments Sounds real good, I would love to listen and review. Harryhollar1@gmail.com

message 11: by Alex (new) - added it

Alex Parrette (AParrette) | 25 comments oh snap, now that looks good. aparrette@gmail.com

Donna Backshall (dtamayob) | 59 comments Do you have any codes left? This scifi junkie would love to give it a listen, and of course review.

dtamayob@gmail.com

message 13: by James (new) - added it

James Knapp (JamesKnapp) | 10 comments Awesome - Harry, Alex, and Donna your promo codes are on their way!

Donna Backshall (dtamayob) | 59 comments I just loaded it to my library, and can't wait to start listening! Thanks, James.

message 15: by Bill (new)

Bill Scott | 15 comments Hi do you have any Uk codes tharig123grace@me.com lease would love to review your work

Bill Scott

message 16: by Manda (new)

Manda (Manda-Jane) | 794 comments Would love to review too if possible, looks great, amandajnicholls@btinternet.com

message 17: by James (new) - added it

James Knapp (JamesKnapp) | 10 comments The code is on its way Manda - Tharig (or anyone else who may know, I'm a little new to this) I only have one set of codes ACX sent me and I'm not sure if they only work in the US or not. If no one is sure, then I can always send one along and you could see if it works - it can't hurt to try!

Donna Backshall (dtamayob) | 59 comments FWIW, I'm in the US and the code worked for me, James. Audible had to help me along a bit, though. I tried the code on the gift page, then I was told I had to go to your book's page, put it in my cart, *then* apply the gift code as the credit for that book. It wasn't difficult, but it was a bit convoluted.

message 19: by Leslie (new)

Leslie  | 173 comments I'm in the U.S. & the code worked for me as well, thanks! :)

message 20: by Manda (last edited Sep 15, 2016 01:05AM) (new)

Manda (Manda-Jane) | 794 comments Thanks Its in my uk library, ready to read and review......

Elena Alvarez Dosil (lomeraniel) | 107 comments I'd love to review. My email is lomeraniel@gmail.com

message 22: by Antonio (new) - added it

Antonio | 15 comments Hello, I'd like to give a review.

mail@antoniostevens.org

message 23: by James (new) - added it

James Knapp (JamesKnapp) | 10 comments Elena and Antonio, your codes are on their way!

message 24: by Emily (new)

Emily Ross | 111 comments Is it still available? If so, I'd like to give it a try :-)
emilymross95@gmail.com

message 25: by James (new) - added it

James Knapp (JamesKnapp) | 10 comments The code is on its way, Emily!

Harry H | 63 comments Loved this book can't wait to listen or read the next in series if their is one.

message 27: by James (new) - added it

James Knapp (JamesKnapp) | 10 comments Harry wrote: "Loved this book can't wait to listen or read the next in series if their is one."

Thanks Harry! There is a prequel novella called Ember and a sequel called Fallout but, alas, neither of those have an audiobook (yet!).

message 28: by James (new) - added it

James Knapp (JamesKnapp) | 10 comments I just had to stop in and thank you all - I've done giveaways before but have never gotten such a great response (13 reviews total so far!). I really appreciate it, and I know that Jeannie does too :) Thanks so much!

message 29: by S. (new)

S. Thomas (SShaneThomas) | 56 comments Hi James,

If there are still codes available please send one to shane_is_tall@yahoo.com.

thanks,
Shane