Play Book Tag discussion

July 2016: Biography Memoir > 84, Charing Cross Road - Hanaff - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jgrace (new)

Jgrace | 3058 comments 84, Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff
84, Charing Cross Road - Hanaff
4 stars

I read this book after seeing the movie in 1987. I remembered it as being longer. Probably I combined my memories of the movie and the book. Reading it again was still enjoyable. I loved the way these people who had never actually met, were able to connect and support each other. (Not unlike people in a discussion group called Play Book Tag).

This time around, I’m sure I know more about the books that Hanaff was requesting. I’ve even read some of them. I’d love to get my hands on one of her books, just to read the margin notes. I’ll have to settle for reading The Duchess of Bloomsbury Street.

message 2: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6671 comments Jgrace wrote: "84, Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff
84, Charing Cross Road - Hanaff
4 stars

I read this book after seeing the movie in 1987. I remembered it as being longer. Probably I combined my memori..."

Glad you enjoyed this even the second time around! It would be nice to have a bibliography for all the books referenced in this one . . .

message 3: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 6273 comments Yes, I also want to read The Duchess of Bloomsbury Street