The Book Basilisks discussion

September 2016 Book Discussions > September Group Read Nominations

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ayunda (new)

Ayunda (ayundabs) It's a little early, but since in August I was so late in announcing the group read, I thought I'd make it earlier this time. Here is where you can nominate the books you want to read in September! You can only nominate one book per month :)

message 2: by Sara (new)

Sara | 91 comments I nominate The Butterfly Garden by Dot Hutchison .

message 3: by Jodi (new)

Jodi | 130 comments Mod
How do you guys feel about fall- themed nominations for September?

message 4: by Julia (new)

Julia | 53 comments Fall themed books sounds likes cute idea!

message 5: by Ayunda (new)

Ayunda (ayundabs) Agreed! I don't think I have any books in my mind that has a fall theme tho... Any ideas?

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarsky) I nominate The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman. I read in Bustle that it has some spooky, supernatural elements that make it the perfect fall read.

message 7: by Ayunda (last edited Aug 04, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Ayunda (ayundabs) Great choice, Sarah! I loved that book. Spooky books might be a good fall themed read.

I'd like to nominate Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier since I heard it's a great autumn read, with a gothic vibe to it :)

message 8: by Julia (new)

Julia | 53 comments Ayunda I was going to nominate Rebecca! Ha ha guess I'll have to keep searching!

message 9: by Julia (new)

Julia | 53 comments I'm not going to nominate anything this time, all of the books already nominated sound so good!

message 10: by Bhavya (new)

Bhavya  (saibiscus) I nominate The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux

message 11: by Jodi (new)

Jodi | 130 comments Mod
I nominate The Fires of Autumn
by Irène Némirovsky

message 12: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (iamhorriblylimited) | 55 comments In Order to Live by Yeonmi Park

message 13: by Julia (new)

Julia | 53 comments when are we going to vote?

message 14: by Ayunda (new)

Ayunda (ayundabs) Whoops so sorry for being so late! Here's the poll: https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1...

message 15: by Jodi (new)

Jodi | 130 comments Mod
I just read The Ocean at the End of the Lane. It's excellent. Maybe I'll dig out something else from our archives.

message 16: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarsky) Soooo .. are we reading The Ocean at the End of the Lane this month?

message 17: by Jodi (new)

Jodi | 130 comments Mod
I'm going to read the weird children book

message 18: by Jodi (new)

Jodi | 130 comments Mod
Any October nominations?

message 19: by mollusskka (new)

mollusskka | 58 comments Sarah wrote: "Soooo .. are we reading The Ocean at the End of the Lane this month?"

Maybe Ayunda is super busy right now. But since the winner is The Ocean at the End of the Lane... so yeah, I think that's what we should read for this month. :D