The GoodBook Club discussion

We're All in This Together
This topic is about We're All in This Together
Announcements > August Book Club Pick - We're All In This Together

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Penguin Random House Canada (penguinrandomhousecanada) | 94 comments Mod
A woman goes over a waterfall, a video goes viral, a family goes into meltdown -- life is about to get a lot more complicated for the Parker family. For fans of Miriam Toews, Jonathan Tropper and Terry Fallis.

We're All In This Together is The GoodBook Club's August pick! Enter the giveaway to win a copy and join our discussion. Participants are rewarded with a surprise ARC or finished copy of one of our favourite books!

https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sh...

Add the book to your TBR shelf and make sure to keep an eye out for it at your local bookstore or library. Our discussion dates will be announced soon. We've got a great participation prize for all those who chime in on the chat. Enjoy the book!

Cheers,
Evan

Louise YAY!!! Now this sounds like a book I'm going to like.

message 3: by Tyler Leigh (new)

Tyler Leigh | 18 comments This sounds really interesting. I'm looking forward to reading it.

message 4: by Sandra (new) - added it

Sandra | 80 comments This sounds like a book I want to read! I love Thunder Bay, have visited there many times and everyone loves to read about a messy family, don't they? Fingers crossed I win a copy, but putting it on hold at the library just in case...

message 5: by Tyler Leigh (new)

Tyler Leigh | 18 comments Eek! There are 6 people ahead of me waiting for the book at the library. Let's hope I win a copy!

Heather | 47 comments Just grabbed this one from my local online library! Looking forward to reading this one.

Melanie (ladybugh) | 3 comments I just got the ebook! Have just started so am looking forward to the discussion. I've been to Thunder Bay many times too and out to the Kakabeka Falls Provincial Park when heading up North to my Grandparents.

message 8: by Sandra (new) - added it

Sandra | 80 comments Tyler Leigh wrote: "Eek! There are 6 people ahead of me waiting for the book at the library. Let's hope I win a copy!"

There are 23 people ahead of me :( and only 4 copies available...

message 9: by Rainey (new)

Rainey Well the eBook is not available in the US on Amazon, so I unfortunately won't be following along on this one.

Petra There's a long queue at my library as well and I've added my name to the list. Perhaps we'll all win copies. :D
Sounds like a good read.

message 11: by Jenn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenn | 19 comments Oooh! Hope I win a copy!

Susan (suekitty13) | 46 comments This one sounds really good. Quirky, messed up families are one of my favorite topics in fiction!

message 13: by Ammar (new) - added it

Ammar (ammarmajali) | 65 comments Hopefully I win a copy too and read it.

message 14: by DeB (new)

DeB | 1 comments I would like this one. Sounds like a quirky best!

message 15: by Chantale (new) - added it

Chantale Canadian Book Addict (canadianbookaddict) This book sounds good. I can't wait to read it.

Deanna (qtpiede) | 10 comments OH hope I can get, would love to participate!

Wanda | 47 comments Looking forward to the discussion!

message 18: by Sherry (new) - added it

Sherry | 10 comments This looks good!

message 19: by Pat (new) - added it

Pat Winter | 10 comments Sounds like my kind of story, so I entered the contest. Hope I win!
Good luck to the rest of you. :-)

message 20: by Carol (last edited Aug 04, 2016 08:06AM) (new) - added it

Carol Rennie Yikes! Long waiting list at the library for this one! I'm still waiting for my hold to go through...but maybe I will be one of the lucky ones to get an ARC! It looks like it will be a good read!

Oh oh! I think I just broke the library website! My hold did not go through and I can't get back into the site. This is not been my day! Since I left the house things have been going wrong and people have been so mean to me. I want to go home and start over again!!

message 21: by Pat (new) - added it

Pat Winter | 10 comments Carol wrote: "Yikes! Long waiting list at the library for this one! I'm still waiting for my hold to go through...but maybe I will be one of the lucky ones to get an ARC! It looks like it will be a good read!

..."

Hang in there girl! Life's a pendulum and you'll be on the upswing before you know it. :-)

message 22: by Anna (new)

Anna (librairieimaginaire) I put a hold on the ebook at the library but there's a long line. Hopefully I'll win a copy from the giveaway!

Melanie (ladybugh) | 3 comments I'm really enjoying it so far!

message 24: by Tyler Leigh (new)

Tyler Leigh | 18 comments I didn't win :( Hopefully, the 5 people ahead of me at the library are fast readers.

message 25: by Sandra (new) - added it

Sandra | 80 comments I didn't win either and probably won't get to in time for this discussion. I can hope that the 23 people ahead of me at the library are speed readers or break down and buy it...

message 26: by Tyler Leigh (new)

Tyler Leigh | 18 comments Sandra wrote: "I didn't win either and probably won't get to in time for this discussion. I can hope that the 23 people ahead of me at the library are speed readers or break down and buy it..."

One can hope!

Melanie (ladybugh) | 3 comments I finished it the weekend. Looking forward to the discussion.

message 28: by Carol (new) - added it

Carol Rennie I am 25 still on the hold list, so I'm sure I won't get it in time for the discussion. I won't look at the discussion so that when I finally do get it, I won't have seen any spoilers. But I will look and see how many stars it's getting. Hope everyone who won is enjoying the book!

Anita | 25 comments I didn't win a copy, but I have downloaded the book and will dig into it later today (hopefully). Looks like an entertaining read!

message 30: by Steph (new) - added it

Steph VanderMeulen (stephvandermeulen) I started it this morning, and I didn't want to put it down to start work! :)

message 31: by Barb (new) - rated it 5 stars

Barb | 12 comments I didn't win a copy, but it is in transit to my library so should get it tomorrow. I'm currently reading another book that I won on goodreads and should have it finished by tomorrow, so will be able to start it right away.

Wanda | 47 comments Alas, I did not win a copy, and I cannot get a copy at our library or e-library so will see if I can purchase this and read before the discussion is over... looks very good!

message 33: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (adclose) | 5 comments I picked this up on a whim because I liked the cover; however, I did find it enjoyable. The characters were all well-drawn and interesting and the author really made you feel like you were in their heads! Overall though, I think that I would have preferred if there was one main storyline. That being said, I do 'get' that the author was probably trying to include regular, every-day problems like marital issues and choosing between work and family, because most readers can't relate to going over a waterfall in a barrel. ;)

Tiffany (tineig) | 13 comments I didn't think I would be able to participate in the discussion this month because like a lot of people I was having trouble getting a hold of a copy. Luckily my library surprised me and was able to get the book in for me. Just started reading it last night!

Heather | 47 comments I really enjoyed this one! I think it is my favourite of all the book club books so far.
Looking forward to the discussion.

Marilyn Boyle-Taylor | 22 comments I should get one in from the library tomorrow, if I'm lucky. Looking forward to it!

Anita | 25 comments Just started this and enjoying it very much. It's hilarious.

message 38: by Barb (new) - rated it 5 stars

Barb | 12 comments Picked it up from my library yesterday and will start it soon. I don't want to read it too far before the discussion. Does anyone know when the discussion will start.

Deanna (qtpiede) | 10 comments So glad I get to be part of this one! 100 pages in already.

Hi all - just a heads up that we're set to begin the We're All In This Together discussion this Friday. Hope everyone is enjoying the book so far!

Louise Ugh, I'm still #5 on the waiting list at two different libraries. I might have to bite the bullet and buy this one.

message 42: by Petra (last edited Aug 16, 2016 05:14PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Petra I just received my book, which I was lucky enough to win in the giveaway! I'll be able to start reading this weekend. Really looking forward to this.

Anita | 25 comments Looking forward to the discussion. My initial comment after reading a few pages was that the novel is quite hilarious. However having read further along it has its humorous moments but it is also somewhat tragic and sad. It's a layered and multifaceted story.

Marilyn Boyle-Taylor | 22 comments Managed to get it through my library and am zipping through. It has a light touch and is over the top (so far, in a good way). Very believable characters, that are wonderfully flawed. It remains to be seen how this all goes down by the end.

message 45: by Barb (last edited Aug 18, 2016 09:11PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Barb | 12 comments With less than 100 pages to go I'm finding the book very sad.

message 46: by Barb (new) - rated it 5 stars

Barb | 12 comments Barb wrote: "With less than 100 pages left to read I'm finding the book very sad."

Wanda | 47 comments Just got the ebook today, hope to enjoy over the weekend and add to the discussion

Louise I just started. When does the discussion go until?

Wanda | 47 comments @Louise- It appears that the discussion hasn't been created yet, would hope that we have until the end of August?

Wanda wrote: "Just got the ebook today, hope to enjoy over the weekend and add to the discussion"

Hi Wanda, the discussion will be live until September 1, 2016.

Thanks!
Evan