Booktastic Bookaholics discussion

Never Fade (The Darkest Minds, #2)
This topic is about Never Fade
Book of the Month Archives > August 2016-Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (last edited Aug 02, 2016 07:13AM) (new) - added it

Andrea (booktasticnerd87) | 4512 comments Mod
Ruby never asked for the abilities that almost cost her her life. Now she must call upon them on a daily basis, leading dangerous missions to bring down a corrupt government and breaking into the minds of her enemies. Other kids in the Children’s League call Ruby “Leader”, but she knows what she really is: a monster.

When Ruby is entrusted with an explosive secret, she must embark on her most dangerous mission yet: leaving the Children’s League behind. Crucial information about the disease that killed most of America’s children—and turned Ruby and the others who lived into feared and hated outcasts—has survived every attempt to destroy it. But the truth is only saved in one place: a flashdrive in the hands of Liam Stewart, the boy Ruby once believed was her future—and who now wouldn’t recognize her.

As Ruby sets out across a desperate, lawless country to find Liam—and answers about the catastrophe that has ripped both her life and America apart—she is torn between old friends and the promise she made to serve the League. Ruby will do anything to protect the people she loves. But what if winning the war means losing herself?

Questions:

What was the star rating you gave it?
What did you think of the characters?
What did you think of the story?
Did you enjoy it? If so, why? If not, why?
Would you recommend this to others?

Megan (ReadingRover) | 1232 comments Mod
I really liked this book. I gave it 5 stars but didn't write a review when I read it. I don't remember much of the details but I love this series and am super excited to read the last book with you guys.

message 3: by Andrea (new) - added it

Megan wrote: "I really liked this book. I gave it 5 stars but didn't write a review when I read it. I don't remember much of the details but I love this series and am super excited to read the last book with you..."

I still need to finish the first book but I cannot wait to read it.

Roxanne | 727 comments Mod
I don't remember what I rated this, but I know I loved it!

message 5: by Andrea (new) - added it

I have heard good things about this trilogy,

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I need to buy the rest of this series because I only have up to book two. I started to read this book last night and I am in love with it already. I really think that this author is just amazing!!! I might even finish it when I get to work tonight since I get a lot of reading time if I'm not interrupted by my coworkers.

message 7: by Andrea (new) - added it

I really need to try and get the first book finished but I didn't get the time to do it. I had a lot of things come up this month and was not prepared.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I happens my dear<3

message 9: by Andrea (new) - added it

Yes it does.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't know if this has happened to anyone else but... I kept confusing this book with the 5th Wave every time I was reading it. Like I would be like "But that didn't happen last book... Oh wait wrong series!"

I read this series before the 5th Wave so and overall this is a much better trilogy than the 5th Wave in my opinion.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm not saying the 5th Wave was better. Nor that it was the same. I'm just saying that for some reason, I kept confusing it with the 5th Wave. XD

I got what you were saying. All i said was i read this series before 5th wave and since i read both i just threw in that i thought this trilogy was better.

Sorry if my original response came across wrong. I was just starting that i didn't have the same issue because i had not read 5th wave at the time j was reading this trilogy.

message 15: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (moe84058) | 19 comments I really liked this

message 16: by Andrea (new) - added it

I did not get this read last month and then I got some pretty bad news and all my reading went out the window this weekend.

Andrea wrote: "I did not get this read last month and then I got some pretty bad news and all my reading went out the window this weekend."

I hope everything is okay.

message 18: by Andrea (new) - added it

Roxanne wrote: "Andrea wrote: "I did not get this read last month and then I got some pretty bad news and all my reading went out the window this weekend."

I hope everything is okay."

My husband's grandmother is pretty sick. She has been put in a hospice care center. We went to North Carolina to visit.

Megan (ReadingRover) | 1232 comments Mod
So sorry to hear that Andrea.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm sorry to hear that, Andrea.

message 21: by Andrea (new) - added it

Thank you guys. I am glad we are all so close.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Aw... We love you!

Andrea wrote: "Roxanne wrote: "Andrea wrote: "I did not get this read last month and then I got some pretty bad news and all my reading went out the window this weekend."

I hope everything is okay."

My husband'..."

So sorry.

message 24: by Andrea (new) - added it

thank you Roxanne

You're welcome, and Hugs!