Write Your Heart Out discussion

Recommend Good Books

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joseph (last edited Aug 01, 2016 09:03PM) (new)

Joseph Rivers (joe_rivers) | 62 comments Mod
This thread is to recommend any good books you may have ran across that we as group should read. Lets share energy and dig into each others library.

message 2: by Joseph (new)

An amazing book that I believe that all human should at least read once in their lifetime is The Alchemist. It really shows the power of our dreams when we continue to strive and never give up.

message 3: by Joseph (new)

Some other great books that I really enjoyed were, Think & Grow Rich and Rich Dad Poor Dad. You guys should check them out if you haven't yet.

message 4: by Joseph (new)

Warrior of the Light - Paulo Coelho
Most definitely a great book to inspire you.

message 5: by Esther (new)

Esther Tubbs | 10 comments I've heard of a few of those books that you've named, Joseph. I haven't partially read any of them, but, yes, they would make some very inspiring reads. ;)

One book that I've only recently read is To Kill a Mockingbird. That was a very inspiring book for me.

message 6: by Joseph (new)

Esther wrote: "I've heard of a few of those books that you've named, Joseph. I haven't partially read any of them, but, yes, they would make some very inspiring reads. ;)

One book that I've only recently read is..."

I absolutely love To Kill a Mockingbird Esther. Since you mentioned I think I'm going to start reading it again (smiles).

Currently, I'm reading The Power of Positive Thinking. It's pretty interesting.

message 7: by Esther (new)

Esther Tubbs | 10 comments Again, I've never read that book, but I could see that it would be a good one. Positive thinking is a great thing to learn about/use.

One book that I've read that I would guess is similar to The Power of Positive Thinking is a book called Positive Word Power. That was a great daily read!

message 8: by Joseph (new)

Does anyone have any new books they would like to share?

message 9: by Jude (new)

Jude Santos | 11 comments I just finished Amor Towles A Gentleman in Moscow. Thick book, but I couldnt put it down. I also finished The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F**K. If there's anything I learned from that book it's that we only live so long and only have a limited amount of f**ks to give so... choose wisely.

message 10: by Joseph (new)

Jude wrote: "I just finished Amor Towles A Gentleman in Moscow. Thick book, but I couldnt put it down. I also finished The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F**K. If there's anything I learned from that book it's that..."

I want to read The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F**K. You just inspired me to buy it after work. Also, let me know if you have any questions about publishing or how to start the process. I'd love to give you my resources to help you out.

message 11: by Jude (new)

Jude Santos | 11 comments Let me know how you like that book. I would also recommend UnF**K Yourself by Gary John Bishop. It's in the same vein as the other one, but still a lot of wisdom. Totally up your alley, Joseph!