Rated YA-MA discussion

Archive > August 2016 On Deck

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenny, puppets' bane (new)

Jenny (narcisse) | 1946 comments What books are on your reading list for August?

message 2: by Ashley Marie (last edited Aug 02, 2016 07:33AM) (new)

Ashley Marie Read:
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee In Cold Blood by Truman Capote The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini Wax by Gina Damico Soulless (Parasol Protectorate, #1) by Gail Carriger The 5th Wave (The 5th Wave, #1) by Rick Yancey The Demon King (Seven Realms, #1) by Cinda Williams Chima A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini

Finish:
The Republic of Thieves (Gentleman Bastard, #3) by Scott Lynch Sweet Unrest by Lisa Maxwell

Maybe finish:
Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows, #1) by Kim Harrison

message 3: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kellyleanna) Library:
Just Visiting by Dahlia Adler Menagerie (Menagerie, #1) by Rachel Vincent The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl from Everywhere, #1) by Heidi Heilig
Audio:
The House of Shattered Wings (Dominion of the Fallen, #1) by Aliette de Bodard I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
Kindle:
Legacy of Kings (Blood of Gods and Royals, #1) by Eleanor Herman Dead Wake The Last Crossing of the Lusitania by Erik Larson These Vicious Masks (These Vicious Masks, #1) by Tarun Shanker

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy | 237 comments Finish: The Worst Girlfriend in the World by Sarra Manning

Read: Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas The Chocolate Touch (Amour et Chocolat #4) by Laura Florand

message 5: by Brandi (new)

Brandi (brandireynolds) | 247 comments finish: The Geography of Genius A Search for the World's Most Creative Places from Ancient Athens to Silicon Valley by Eric Weiner

Paper and Fire (The Great Library, #2) by Rachel Caine Railhead by Philip Reeve

message 6: by Melanie, mod prime (last edited Aug 07, 2016 10:54AM) (new)

Melanie | 1248 comments I hope to use what's left of summer and work on tackled some series I've started but haven't finished.

The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater . Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater . The Raven King (The Raven Cycle, #4) by Maggie Stiefvater

Their Fractured Light (Starbound, #3) by Amie Kaufman

Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2) by Laini Taylor . Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3) by Laini Taylor . Night of Cake & Puppets (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2.5) by Laini Taylor

Hollow City (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #2) by Ransom Riggs . Library of Souls (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #3) by Ransom Riggs

I probably won't read them all, but I hope to make headway all the same.

message 7: by Jae (last edited Aug 08, 2016 10:09PM) (new)

Jae Currently reading Glass Houses

message 8: by Melanie, mod prime (new)

Melanie | 1248 comments Monthly recap:
I finished 2 series:
The Master Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #3) by Charlie N. Holmberg and Magic Study (Study, #2) by Maria V. Snyder / Fire Study (Study, #3) by Maria V. Snyder

Continued Raven Boys with The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater

And reading my first Rainbow Rowell, Carry On. Then followed it up with Fangirl (which I recognize is backwards), but I really enjoyed them both.
Carry On by Rainbow Rowell Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

Also, I re-read The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (Oz, #1) by L. Frank Baum
And read this book of mixed feelings and reviews ---> Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Parts One and Two (Harry Potter, #8) by J.K. Rowling