Space Opera Fans discussion

Remanence (Confluence, #2)
This topic is about Remanence
Previous BOTM Threads > Remanence by Jennifer Foehner Wells

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna (new)

Anna Erishkigal (annaerishkigal) Greetings Space Opera Fans!

Before I blather book descriptions, this one is *FREE* on Kindle Unlimited so hop on over and grab it ... no excuse not to read along!

Remanence by Jennifer Foehner Wells Jennifer Foehner Wells

See? It's amazing how quick everything goes quiet while people load their Kindles?

And it's DRM-free, for everybody else. So I can convert it using Calibre and read along on my ancient Nook.

Okay ... now the plot...

In defiance of NASA, Jane Holloway, the linguist of the Providence expedition, commandeers the alien ship that her crew explored. She sets off to return that ship’s marooned navigator to his home world, determined to discover who was behind the genocide that destroyed his original crew.

But when she gets there, she finds his world devastated by the same plague. The remaining members of his race, uniquely gifted at navigating the stars, are stranded across the galaxy. And someone, it seems, doesn’t want those lost navigators to be found.

As Jane unravels the mystery of the plague and works to ensure the survival of Ei’Brai’s race, she discovers that the life of every sentient being in the galaxy may be in jeopardy…and the clock is ticking.

ARE YOU READING REMANENCE? Shout it out in the discussion thread below, find some Book Buddies to read it with 'ya, and discuss it with some like-minded space opera junkies. Just remember to be kind, please, and use the spoiler html so you don't ruin the fun for somebody who's not so far along.

Be epic!

Anna Erishkigal
SOF Borg Queen

message 2: by Leo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leo McBride (leomcbride) | 49 comments Loved Fluency, and already have this on my Kindle so definitely hopping into this one - and John Steakley too? Fab author, his Vampires Inc was superb (even if the movie adaptation was iffy).

MadProfessah (madprofesssah) | 135 comments I read it last month. It's not as good as the first book CONFLUENCE (which was BARELY passable, in my book) but it's also very different in somewhat interesting ways (or ways that may be interesting to others but were annoying to me).

I guess I'm glad I read it but don't feel like I will die from anxiety or suspense if i don't read the 3rd book in the series.

message 4: by Jemima (new) - added it

Jemima Pett | 155 comments I've already got Fluency on my TBR, so I've added this and will be going with Fluency soon :)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) Loved Fluency too! Can't wait to move on in the story!

Conal (conalo) | 143 comments I actually like this one more than the first one as it I felt like the story was moving forward as they traveled rather than all centered around the ship in the the first book. I also like learning more about the Kuboderans in this book.

I am looking forward to reading the next book(s) in this series.

message 7: by Bruce (new) - added it

Bruce Fein (colkai) | 3 comments Read it when it came out, didn't enjoy it as much as Fluency, but I'm definitely hooked!

MadProfessah (madprofesssah) | 135 comments I would just like to add that I think the author is good and I have confidence she will produce more interstng work in the future.