Hoyt's Huns discussion

The Aeronaut's Windlass (The Cinder Spires, #1)
This topic is about The Aeronaut's Windlass
Book Of the Month Discussion > The Aeronaut's Windlass -- August 2016 -- no spoilers

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Mary Catelli | 2508 comments Mod
For checking in to tell us you're reading, and spoiler-free discussion.

Clyde (wishamc) | 334 comments Started. So far I am quite enjoying it.

Laura Montgomery | 39 comments It's so English. I know Jim Butcher is American, but this is English as distilled through American eyes. I'm picturing him reading everything from Enid Blyton, through Georgette Heyer and Jane Austen, to Patrick O'Brian to get the language and feel right.

message 4: by Sheryl (last edited Aug 31, 2016 10:29AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sheryl Tribble | 83 comments In terms of my local library system, this book hits the sweet spot -- multiple copies, and most of them available! As a general rule, the books this group chooses are either on order, or long gone. That fact that I didn't pick a copy up until the last Monday of the month is on me.

I'm about 150 pages in, and enjoying it considerable. I'm thinking this is my first "steam punk" kinda novel (been reading mostly non-fiction or older novels for decades), and that it has the best cat-among-humans character I've run across since the one in Susan Dexter's Winter King's War trilogy.