Never Too Old For Y.A. & N.A. Books discussion

BOTM 2016: Suggestions > September 2016

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
We are asking all members to nominate books of any genre, which they wish to read that are set in the past i.e. covering the theme of History Is Upon Us.
Once all nominations are in, two polls will be added for you to vote on which books you wish to read for September's Book of the Month. However, if there are not enough books up for nomination, then only one pol will be created and the top two books will be our book's of the month.

You all have until 15th August to suggest a book of the month.

Note: Authors are not to nominate their own books and please do not repeat a book if it has been suggested already or if it has already been the book of the month previously. Thank you.

message 2: by Sylvia (new)

I nominate Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon and The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1) by Paullina Simons

message 3: by Tracy (last edited Aug 01, 2016 06:46PM) (new)

Tracy | 7239 comments Mod
For some reason I knew you would Sylvia ;)

message 4: by Sylvia (new)

Tracy wrote: "For some reason I knew you would Sylvia ;)"

Hahaha anytime I can encourage people to read TBH then I've done my job :D

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura  (llbasaldua) | 789 comments Sylvia wrote: "I nominate Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon and The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1) by Paullina Simons"

Agree 100% with Outlander

message 6: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 7239 comments Mod
I'll nominate The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne

message 7: by Karen (last edited Sep 08, 2016 04:05AM) (new)

Karen (karenarrowood) | 167 comments Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys - recent past (WWII) Excellent book

I've been wanting to read The Other Boleyn Girl (The Plantagenet and Tudor Novels, #9) by Philippa Gregory

I also heard the The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom is good...

message 8: by Nicole D. (new)

Nicole D. (thereadingrebel) | 969 comments My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand
I don't know if this counts as it's history/fantasy but I love this book. It has everything I love in a book. Great characters,amazing writing,hilarious dialogue,and interesting world.

message 9: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl La Pa (cheryllp) | 37 comments I nominate The Falconer (The Falconer, #1) by Elizabeth May The Falconer

message 10: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 1075 comments WOW, it looks like we haven't set the September challenge yet?

The Diviners (The Diviners, #1) by Libba Bray Code Name Verity (Code Name Verity, #1) by Elizabeth Wein The Book Thief by Markus Zusak Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys