Never Too Old For Y.A. & N.A. Books discussion

August: Tears On My Pillow

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sylvia (last edited Aug 01, 2016 06:39PM) (new)

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
Our eighth theme for the Monthly Challenge is:

Tears On My Pillow

All that is required for this challenge is to read as many books as you can pertaining to stories that make you cry i.e. having Tears On My Pillow. Here are some examples:

Me Before You (Me Before You, #1) by Jojo Moyes The Fault in Our Stars by John Green A Thousand Boy Kisses by Tillie Cole A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1) by Alexandra Bracken If I Stay (If I Stay, #1) by Gayle Forman

Please sign up on the homepage when the challenge opens, labelling your folder Tears On My Pillow...https://www.goodreads.com/challenges/...
...then post the link in this discussion post so we can discuss each others' selection of books.

I hope you all take the time to see how many books you can read related to this theme. It definitely will be fun trying.
Happy Reading!

message 2: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 7239 comments Mod
I need to finish a Thousand Boy Kisses.

message 3: by Sylvia (new)

Tracy wrote: "I need to finish a Thousand Boy Kisses."

Oh Tracy, yes you do hun. Such an emotional read.

message 4: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenarrowood) | 167 comments I'm in! But I need to find books... https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 5: by MadameZelda (last edited Aug 02, 2016 04:44PM) (new)

MadameZelda oh, dear. I purchased The Darkest Minds. Is it a tear jerker? I don't like tear jerkers. I think about it all day.

message 6: by Sylvia (new)

MadameZelda wrote: "oh, dear. I purchased The Darkest Minds. Is it a tear jerker? I don't like tear jerkers are I think about it all day."

Must be if someone suggested it.

message 7: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenarrowood) | 167 comments I didn't find The Darkest Mind to be a tearjerker, but it's in the eye of the beholder.

message 8: by Tracy (new)

MadameZelda wrote: "oh, dear. I purchased The Darkest Minds. Is it a tear jerker? I don't like tear jerkers. I think about it all day."

I didn't think it was a tear jerker MadameZ. Not at all but everyone is different.

message 9: by MadameZelda (new)

MadameZelda Good. I'll go with it might be sad, but not that sad!

Thank you, fellow readers!

message 10: by Tracy (new)

Karen wrote: "I'm in! But I need to find books... https://www.goodreads.com/review/list..."

You have some good tear jerkers picked out Karen. How are you doing with it?

message 11: by Karen (last edited Aug 21, 2016 12:37PM) (new)

Karen (karenarrowood) | 167 comments Tracy wrote: "You have some good tear jerkers picked out Karen. How are y..."

I'm really behind on this one, Tracy. Just finishing up A Monster Calls today. I have Allegiant, Finding Eden, Becoming Calder, and It Ends With Us sitting on my shelf, and The Faults in Our Stars on my kindle. I am on the list at the library for Me Before You....

message 12: by Tracy (new)

Karen wrote: "Tracy wrote: "You have some good tear jerkers picked out Karen. How are y..."

I'm really behind on this one, Tracy. Just finishing up A Monster Calls today. I have Allegiant, Finding Eden, Becomin..."

Did you like A Monster Calls? I enjoy Ness and his quirky unique writing.

message 13: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenarrowood) | 167 comments Tracy wrote: "Did you like A Monster Calls? I enjoy Ness and his quirky writing"

I did, but found it a bit too young for me to really enjoy it.

message 14: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenarrowood) | 167 comments I just finished Salt to the Sea. Oh my. quite distressing.
Not really a tearjerker, per se, for me, but very sad. And sobering.

message 15: by Angelina (new)

Angelina (sliverlines) | 4 comments I just finished "After You" which is the sequel to "Me Before You". Obviously not a heartbreaking novel as its more about coming to terms and moving on but some parts still moved me to tears.