Never Too Old For Y.A. & N.A. Books discussion

Book of the Month 2016 > August BOTM (Tears On My Pillow): The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
The second book you all voted to read for August's Book of the Month that covers the Monthly Reading Theme of Tears On My Pillow is The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1) by Alexandra Bracken by Alexandra Bracken. Please grab a copy and hope to see you reading and chatting about this book.

message 2: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 7239 comments Mod
I enjoyed this one more than I thought I would. Maybe I should reread it since it's been a while.

message 3: by Farren (new)

Farren (mmmcookies) This book was good but for me it dragged with all the driving and stuff. The ending was awesome though, made me want to continue the series. I think I will reread, too, since it's been a while, but I have the audiobook now so I'll give that a shot instead.

message 4: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenarrowood) | 167 comments I enjoyed this whole series a couple of months ago.

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura  (llbasaldua) | 789 comments Same I finished the trilogy off it was good... Didnt think the ending was the best tho ...

message 6: by Farren (new)

Farren (mmmcookies) I finished the audiobook yesterday and I wasn't a fan of the narration. It wasn't terrible, it was just kind of blah. I recommend just reading the book. I forgot how much I'll miss Zu (view spoiler). =(

message 7: by Donna (last edited Aug 30, 2016 01:02PM) (new)

Donna | 1350 comments I enjoyed this book - just finished it. I feel like some parts dragged on, but at the end, it redeemed itself. I'll definitely continue the series... UNLESS the story doesn't have a HEA. THEN, I will stop reading. Can't deal with no HEAs

message 8: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 7239 comments Mod
Donna wrote: "I enjoyed this book - just finished it. I feel like some parts dragged on, but at the end, it redeemed itself. I'll definitely continue the series... UNLESS the story doesn't have a HEA. THEN, I wi..."

Glad it was good for you Donna. I haven't read the others yet either so I couldn't tell you if there is a HEA.

message 9: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenarrowood) | 167 comments Donna wrote: "I enjoyed this book - just finished it. I feel like some parts dragged on, but at the end, it redeemed itself. I'll definitely continue the series... UNLESS the story doesn't have a HEA. THEN, I wi..."

Keep reading, Donna - the series is worth it :-)

message 10: by Jaide (new)

Jaide | 18 comments HEY I just finished re-reading The Darkest Minds and I can't wait to re-read the next two in the trilogy!! Hope you all enjoyed it!!

message 11: by PreePree (new)

PreePree I read this series and it was a pretty good book with an interesting storyline. I finished the entire series and would like to read more from the author.

message 12: by Roxanne (new)

Roxanne (roxyrolla) | 17 comments I read this book a while back and remember struggling a bit in the beginning, but then really enjoying it as it went along. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get to the second, even though I bought it ages ago!

Never Too Old For Y.A. & N.A. Books

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Darkest Minds (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Alexandra Bracken (other topics)