Black Coffee discussion

Archive BBR > September BBR

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Anastasia Kinderman | 942 comments Time for September buddy read sign up! Sign up is open until the 15th.

message 2: by Brina (new)

Brina Me

message 3: by Maya (new)

Maya B | 799 comments I'm in

message 4: by Lulu, The Book Reader who could. (new)

Lulu (lulureads365) | 2519 comments Mod
I'm in.

Anastasia Kinderman | 942 comments We have three people for buddy reads so do all three of you want to do a book together or is there someone else who wants to jump in?

message 6: by Brina (new)

Brina Is it going to be three way? What about September group read? I like to know in advance so I can get book(s) from library :)

message 7: by Lulu, The Book Reader who could. (new)

This will be for September, so what are you ladies interested in reading for next month's 3way Buddy Read?

message 8: by Brina (last edited Aug 19, 2016 10:27AM) (new)

Brina I have a few things my TBR but you've probably read them: The Help and Americanah. I also have The Translator by Leila Aboulela which looks really good. Check my African lit folder. Honestly I'm open to what either of you would like to read.

message 9: by Brina (new)

Brina Oh wow all 3 of us have Ruth's Journey on our TBR. I'm not sure I want to read it this soon after reading GWTW. I'll let you two decide :)

message 10: by Maya (new)

Maya B | 799 comments Anastasia wrote: "We have three people for buddy reads so do all three of you want to do a book together or is there someone else who wants to jump in?"

That sounds good to me! I'm open for any book. I'll start looking at some books to recommend

message 11: by Maya (new)

Maya B | 799 comments Brina, I enjoyed the Help and Americanah

message 12: by Maya (new)

Maya B | 799 comments I've had Passing and Negroland: A Memoir on my list for a long while

message 13: by Lulu, The Book Reader who could. (new)

Those two are on my list too Maya. I read Americanah earlier this year and enjoyed. The Help was a good read as well.

message 14: by Brina (new)

Brina Maya-- either Negroland: A Memoir or The Translator. Glad we are narrowing it down. I will read those other two books later on.

message 15: by Maya (new)

Maya B | 799 comments Seems like the 3 of us has Negroland as an option... Brina and Lulu what do you think about that one?

message 16: by Brina (new)

Brina Library should have it. It was highly regarded when it came out so I'm happy to read it b

message 17: by Maya (new)

Maya B | 799 comments Same here Brina

message 18: by Lulu, The Book Reader who could. (new)

Negroland it is. I'll find a copy before the 1st.

message 19: by Maya (new)

Maya B | 799 comments Sweet! I'll get my copy next week

message 20: by Brina (new)

Brina Same. Already requested from library. Jefferson is from Chicago so I am sold.