Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

The Rithmatist (The Rithmatist, #1)
This topic is about The Rithmatist

Comments Showing 1-50 of 123 (123 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Dani | 577 comments The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson

Jenna, Scott and I will read this novel coming December. But everyone who wants to chat /discuss it is more than welcome to join.

message 2: by Ilyas (new)

Ilyas | 17 comments Thank God you decided on December - My August and September to-read list was getting pretty dire. I'm down for it at any rate.

Dani | 577 comments :-)

Emma | 12 comments I'm up for reading this too!

Solseit | 1460 comments Me too! I just need to buy it - and to have a reminder by December, considering how quickly I forget my to-do lists!

message 6: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 3 stars

Scott  Hitchcock (lostinthewarrenofchaos) | 8082 comments Mod
Dani's 60% done with this right now so I'm just checking who is still in for reading this in Dec. If we put it off until next year it I would be OK with that.

Dani | 577 comments I'm sorry.

message 8: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dani wrote: "I'm sorry."

No worries. As the expression goes, shit happens.

Emma | 12 comments I am still in for December but am happy to put it off too..

message 10: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4615 comments Mod
I think I will put it off because I don't seem to have much time for reading these days and I need to lighten my schedule.

message 11: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 3 stars

I think I'm going to put it off until next year.

message 12: by Emma (new) - rated it 4 stars

Emma | 12 comments Ah shame! Ok. Guess I can wait. Not like I don't have an enormous pile of books lined up already!

message 13: by Dani (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dani | 577 comments Emma (and Aristea?) I'm happy to put reading the rest of the book off till December if you'd still like to read it then.

message 14: by Emma (new) - rated it 4 stars

Emma | 12 comments I could start it earlier maybe in a week or so... wouldn't want to leave you hanging for too long!

message 15: by Dani (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dani | 577 comments Emma don't worry about that. I have to put all my reads on hold for at least a week now anyway on account of doing a proofreading, so just tell me when you'd like to start and I will follow your lead :-)

message 16: by Emma (new) - rated it 4 stars

Emma | 12 comments Great! That works! See you later!

Solseit | 1460 comments I am totally hoping to read this book at some point! I am not sure I can start right away though - including the fact I do not own it yet, easy fix with ebooks though.
Do you want to start already in October then?

message 18: by Emma (new) - rated it 4 stars

Emma | 12 comments Was hoping to..Dani said she doesn't mind waiting a couple of weeks . Last week in October?

message 19: by Emma (new) - rated it 4 stars

Emma | 12 comments I'm going to go ahead and read this now. Please feel free to join me if you are so inclined :)

message 20: by Dani (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dani | 577 comments Yes, I am :-)

message 21: by Emma (new) - rated it 4 stars

Emma | 12 comments Great! Well read slowly because I know you are already a way ahead! It's a quick read though by the look of it..

message 22: by Emma (new) - rated it 4 stars

Emma | 12 comments Chapters 1 and 2
(view spoiler)

message 23: by Dani (last edited Oct 23, 2016 10:58AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dani | 577 comments I was gonna say I'll read slowly anyway because I have two other buddy reads going on right now but I can see you will be up to where I am in no time at all LOL.

(view spoiler)

Solseit | 1460 comments OMG, I open the book and the first page is just awesome.
(view spoiler)

I am hoping (probably even expecting) the great Sanderson ability to create a magic system and be able to fully explain it.

Solseit | 1460 comments Prologue
(view spoiler)

message 26: by Dani (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dani | 577 comments Nice you're joining too Aristea!

Solseit | 1460 comments Dani wrote: "Nice you're joining too Aristea!"
I am so excited about this book as well!

Solseit | 1460 comments Chapter 1
(view spoiler) I am absolutely sold and I hope to keep the excitement!

message 29: by Dani (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dani | 577 comments (view spoiler)

Solseit | 1460 comments Dani wrote: "[spoilers removed]"

Loved Giles! I can see why you were reminded of him too!

message 31: by Emma (new) - rated it 4 stars

Emma | 12 comments Chapter 11: I wonder if (view spoiler)

message 32: by Dani (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dani | 577 comments I wondered the same thing Emma!

message 33: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 3 stars

I miss not being able to read the spoilers!

Enjoy.

Solseit | 1460 comments I am in the middle of chapter 10 (view spoiler)

Solseit | 1460 comments Emma wrote: "Chapter 11: I wonder if [spoilers removed]"
That is a very interesting theory!
(view spoiler)

message 36: by Dani (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dani | 577 comments (view spoiler)

message 37: by Dani (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dani | 577 comments Seems like I need to pick up the book back up again when you are both at Chapter 11 already. It's a fast read isn't it?!

Solseit | 1460 comments Dani wrote: "Seems like I need to pick up the book back up again when you are both at Chapter 11 already. It's a fast read isn't it?!"

I am so surprised about how fast it goes! Sure, I am having some spare time at work these days but it is soooo fast!

message 39: by Emma (new) - rated it 4 stars

Emma | 12 comments I'm up to chapter 16. Will probably read another couple of chapters then switch to something different for the evening

Solseit | 1460 comments This is super exciting. A mystery following the other! I am 70% in and I am truly enjoying the book!

message 41: by Dani (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dani | 577 comments I wasn't able to read much tonight but I agree with you Aristea. The mystery is building and making it more interesting.

Solseit | 1460 comments I love when I do not see things coming! (view spoiler)

Solseit | 1460 comments I have to thank Emma - I was in a reading slump, yet I devoured this book. I enjoyed it so much and I am hoping there will be a second book at some point!

message 44: by Dani (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dani | 577 comments Did you finish it then Aristea? I intend to finish it tonight - I'm at chapter 18 now.
I'm starting to like Joel & Melody much more now.

Solseit | 1460 comments Dani wrote: "Did you finish it then Aristea? I intend to finish it tonight - I'm at chapter 18 now.
I'm starting to like Joel & Melody much more now."

Yes I did, thanks to another slow day at the office!

message 46: by Dani (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dani | 577 comments Can we switch jobs please? :-)

message 47: by Emma (new) - rated it 4 stars

Emma | 12 comments I will finish tonight too. I'm so sad we are going to have to wait some time for a sequel ! Will Joel get his ceremony of inception? Will he be a rithmatist? Who has been committing the murders/ abductions? All will hopefully be revealed this evening!

message 48: by TS (new) - rated it 5 stars

TS Chan (tschan) | 159 comments Aristea wrote: "I have to thank Emma - I was in a reading slump, yet I devoured this book. I enjoyed it so much and I am hoping there will be a second book at some point!"

Yes, there is a second book :)
The Aztlanian
Not sure if 2017 is still correct though. We'll know by year end when he publishes his annual year-end update for State of Sanderson.

message 49: by Dani (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dani | 577 comments LOL 'State of Sanderson' ? How cool is that!

Solseit | 1460 comments TS wrote: "Aristea wrote: "I have to thank Emma - I was in a reading slump, yet I devoured this book. I enjoyed it so much and I am hoping there will be a second book at some point!"

Yes, there is a second b..."

I am mostly hoping for The Stormlight Archive part 3 though!

« previous 1 3