Addicted to YA discussion

The Winner's Crime (The Winner's Trilogy, #2)
This topic is about The Winner's Crime
Series > The Winner's Crime

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - added it

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5315 comments Mod
What did you think of it? Favorite or least favorite characters? Favorite or least favorite part? Will you read the next one?

The_ChameleonREADS | 11 comments I really like the first book, though many people don't not. Even if you don't like The Winner's Crime, I promise you that you'll like the second one.

The_ChameleonREADS | 11 comments *don't (not don't not)

Annalisa | 20 comments I really enjoyed the first in the series. The Winner's Curse and I wondered if this book would be as good. The Winner's Crime has espionage, betrayal, and hidden love. It was well written, and I enjoyed the political parts of the book. Yes, I like politics, but prefer the fictional kind.

One thing this book was missing for me was romance. Kestrel denies her feelings because she is scared of what will happen if she does. Arin is still head strong and a little frustrating in the way he jumps to conclusions and doesn't listen. However, I really enjoyed both the narrator from Kestrel and Arin's point of view. My favorite new character in this book was Mine, the puppy Prince Verex gives her. I'm I allowed to pick a puppy as a character? Maybe not. I did find Prince Verex an intriguing character even though I didn't want to like him at first.

Did I mention how horribly unlikeable the emperor is? He is great to dislike. I enjoy disliking him. He is also a well developed character, which makes disliking him even better.

I'll defiantly be picking up the last book in the series.

message 5: by Samra (new)

Samra Yusuf well.....
just finished it.
and a worth read no doubt!

Chelsey Cook (goodreadscomchelsey_cook) | 3 comments The series grew on me! I felt the writing was a little lacking in the first book but really enjoyed Kestrel and Arin as characters. The lack of romance definitely frustrated me, but the third book made up for it. The prose just gets better and better throughout Winner's Crime too.

message 7: by Raneem (new) - added it

Raneem Almallah I loved the series. The characters were awesome. And easily imaginable and understandable. Kestrel and Arin were just great! And I really liked the Prince in the 3rd book. It was definitely worth the read

Hannah H. | 33 comments Loved this series. Just finished the third book, and this series is definitely a favorite for me. My favorite character in both the second and third books (aside from Kestrel and Arin) is Roshar. I love how witty he is and all his little remarks that hide what he's really feeling.
My favorite part of The Winner's Crime was the part where both Arin and Kestrel are in the city and he finds her beside the river.

ℓуηη, ℓσкιѕℓутнєя¢ℓαω | 188 comments Forgot to post here when I finished it last month. I absolutely loved the first in this series, but this book not so much. Let me correct that, I didn't like it AS much as the first. All the lying, conniving and politicking drove me nuts lol. But I still really like this series and look forward to reading the last book.