YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

The Shadow Hour (The Girl at Midnight, #2)
This topic is about The Shadow Hour
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > The Shadow Hour (The Girl at Midnight #2) by Melissa Grey - Restarting May 1st 2018

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 85274 comments Mod
A battle has been won. But the war has only just begun.

Everything in Echo’s life changed in a blinding flash when she learned the startling truth: she is the firebird, the creature of light that is said to bring peace.

The firebird has come into the world, but it has not come alone. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction, and Echo can feel a great and terrible darkness rising in the distance. Cosmic forces threaten to tear the world apart.

Echo has already lost her home, her family, and her boyfriend. Now, as the firebird, her path is filled with even greater dangers than the ones she’s already overcome.

She knows the Dragon Prince will not fall without a fight.

Echo must decide: can she wield the power of her true nature—or will it prove too strong for her, and burn what’s left of her world to the ground?

Welcome to the shadow hour.

Andy | 14687 comments I have the audiobook so I'll probably listen to this in a couple days!

Alaina (ameserole) I'll probably read this tomorrow or friday :)

Andy | 14687 comments Yay!!!!

Andy | 14687 comments 15% (Ch. 9 ish) (view spoiler)

Andy | 14687 comments 36% (view spoiler)

Andy | 14687 comments 53% (view spoiler)

Alaina (ameserole) sssssttttttooooopppppppppppppppppp reading this right now! I haven't even opened the book yet!!

Andy | 14687 comments Alaina wrote: "sssssttttttooooopppppppppppppppppp reading this right now! I haven't even opened the book yet!!"

Hahaha. I stopped listening for like 30 mins. Studying :/ and a bad headache so I'm not sure if I'll get much further today.

Alaina (ameserole) Oh man. I’m sorry. I hope you feel better later. I was hoping I could find time to got the library today but I don’t think I will. So I won’t get the book until tomorrow now.

message 11: by Andy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Andy | 14687 comments That's not a problem. Get the book whenever you can :)

I took some Excedrin, which is helping and the sugary frappuccino I got haha

message 12: by Andy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Andy | 14687 comments 69% (view spoiler)

Alaina (ameserole) Haha it will definitely be tomorrow! Right now I’m at a winery where I can pet horses ☺️☺️ I’m beyond happy right now. Im glad you took the medicine

message 14: by Andy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Andy | 14687 comments I need a winery where I can pet cats lol

Alaina (ameserole) Lol oh man that’s one winery I would not go to. I’m allergic to cats 😒

message 16: by Andy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Andy | 14687 comments That's too bad! Cats are my favorite <3

message 17: by Andy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Andy | 14687 comments 83% (view spoiler)

message 18: by Andy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Andy | 14687 comments Finished (view spoiler)

Alaina (ameserole) Andrea wrote: "That's too bad! Cats are my favorite <3"

I'm definitely a dog person :D

Alaina (ameserole) I'm finally going to start this book after I walk my dogs and drop off books at the library. I have so many to pick up and I finished 4 out of the 8 books I already have from the library..

message 21: by Andy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Andy | 14687 comments Awesome! I'm close to 40% through The Savage Dawn

Alaina (ameserole) Andrea wrote: "Awesome! I'm close to 40% through The Savage Dawn"

SO FAST. I actually have to pick that book up from the library xD

message 23: by Andy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Andy | 14687 comments I started a small bit of it yesterday which is why I'm actually pretty far

Alaina (ameserole) 😱 well I’m listening to unravel me right now and I’m heading out to the library. I’ll start the shadow hour right when I get home

message 25: by Andy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Andy | 14687 comments Woooo! I'm taking a break so I can read Magnus Chase before my class. then I'll probably listen to a bit more after class while doing my homework. I don't think I'll finish it tonight.

Alaina (ameserole) Lol well I hope to finish shadow hour before tonight. I’m super excited to have the savage dawn in my hands now

message 27: by Andy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Andy | 14687 comments it's really good so far!! And I'll definitely have it done tomorrow between my 5 hour car drive and working out before that

Alaina (ameserole) Chapters 1-11: (view spoiler)

message 29: by Andy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Andy | 14687 comments Alaina wrote: "Chapters 1-11: Wow a lot has happened. I'm so glad to back into this world. I missed Echo and Caius so much.

So Jasper is slowly dying from his wound that he got in The Girl at Midnight. They beli..."

Echo and Caius forever <3

Alaina (ameserole) I read a little bit more but haven’t reached where I would make a comment yet. Had to go out for more moving boxes

message 31: by Andy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Andy | 14687 comments Alaina wrote: "I read a little bit more but haven’t reached where I would make a comment yet. Had to go out for more moving boxes"

No problem. I'm trying to catch up with all my comments for Midnight Star. Long car rides are great for audios but trying to remember all my thoughts is hard lol

Alaina (ameserole) Ahhh I need to read that book too. I’m just happy that I knocked out three books today. Although one wasn’t a BR. But I’m slowly catching up on those

message 33: by Andy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Andy | 14687 comments Yay!! Read all the books!

message 34: by Alaina (last edited Oct 22, 2017 01:18PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alaina (ameserole) Chapters 12-22: (view spoiler)

message 35: by Andy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Andy | 14687 comments Alaina wrote: "Chapters 12-22: Wow. wow. wow. wow.
So much has happened within these chapters. Echo and Caius then Echo and Rowan. I kind of don't want her with Rowan but I know being with Caius is harder because..."

I'm happy you're enjoying it!

Alaina (ameserole) haha thanks!

Alaina (ameserole) Chapters 23-33: (view spoiler)

Alaina (ameserole) Chapters 34-44: (view spoiler)

Alaina (ameserole) Chapters 45-55, aka...
Finished: (view spoiler)

message 40: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 27856 comments ***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Reading from the 1st of May 2018

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments Chapter 2 (view spoiler)

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments Chapter 10 (view spoiler)

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments Chapter 41 (view spoiler)

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments Finished (view spoiler)