The Ice Limit (Ice Limit #1) The Ice Limit discussion

Help - Techno-thriller about Greenland Meteorite Recovery

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dan (new)

Dan Teet Someone here might know the title and author of this book I'm trying to remember. I listened to the audio version of this book several years ago and it was about a meteorite recovery team sent to the Greenland ice shelf to pull out the largest meteorite yet known (or something along those lines). I could have sworn it was a Lincoln and Child novel, but now I don't think it was. I thought it was The Ice Limit but I'm listening to that one now and it's definitely not that one. I was trying to get ready to listen to the sequel to the Ice Limit, thinking I had read it already, but I guess hadn't. Does anyone know what novel I'm thinking of that involves intrigue and suspense happening around the digging up of a meteorite in Greenland? It's driving me nuts that I can't think of the name (or the author apparently since it doesn't seem to be L&C). Thanks for any help.

Shanna_redwind I don't know, but try the "What's the Name of that Book" group. Solving book mysteries is what they exist for.

message 3: by Dan (new)

Dan Teet Thanks!
Shanna_redwind wrote: "I don't know, but try the "What's the Name of that Book" group. Solving book mysteries is what they exist for."

Bookcident Dan wrote: "it was about a meteorite recovery team sent to the Greenland ice shelf to pull out the largest meteorite yet known"

That is exactly the plot of this book though. It starts very slow and "intrigue and suspence" only happens very late in the book and it is definitely not the most thrilling book these two have ever written. I mean maybe for its time, it is 22 years old now. It kind of gets only exciting when the meteorite is finally on the ship and it is revealed what it actually is.